• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

• Ribble

• Spellczech

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

....then i really would like to see then relegated. Can't stand that whinging bawbag. Showed respect to every other club in post-match interviews than he ever did Hearts. I see him as more....Hibernian-esque with a chip on his shoulder than as  the manager of anyone else. Maybe this is why i despise St Johnstone more now as opposed to decades of indifference towards them. Leave him to sit at home locked in his study reading some shitey fantasy novel while twirling his hair wondering if it's needing re-dyed yet. 

Sorry...over the top there. Not really a fan as you can probably tell.

Finding gems in the absolute bargain bucket for a club which teams will never sit in against is not the same as finding players who can play at Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen against whom the other 7 with lower budget will always sit in against. Managing the OF is different from managing Hearts and managing Hearts is different from managing St Johnstone (or Motherwell, to keep it on topic!)

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Finding gems in the absolute bargain bucket for a club which teams will never sit in against is not the same as finding players who can play at Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen against whom the other 7 with lower budget will always sit in against. Managing the OF is different from managing Hearts and managing Hearts is different from managing St Johnstone (or Motherwell, to keep it on topic!)

I already said that Robinson had done a decent job at Motherwell previously. I didn't bring up Wright's name if you check back, just commented on the post that did. I'll decide who i respond to, thanks. And i've commented on other posts and kept it "on topic" for you. 

I think the guys done a good job at Motherwell but he's going to lose the majority of his team in the summer and he's not going to be able to replace them with the budget he has. 

I think Archer, Carroll, Dunne, Gallagher, Mugabi, O'Donnell, Maguire, Campbell, Polworth and Long are out of contract soon or in the summer. 

Probably jumped before the inevitable because they'll be toiling if they can't get fans into grounds soon. 

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Think there must be a lot going on behind the scenes. Best bet is money problems !

If Keith Lasley is confirmed as his permanent successor, that might be a big clue on how accurate your best bet is. 

Didn't Garry Holt say something similar when leaving Livingston?

1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

A good manager that has went through a bad spell. He done a lot of good things at Motherwell and clearly has an eye for a player.

Or the 'Well scouts have eg Turnbull, Campbell and Jake Hastie were all at Fir Park before he arrived.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think the guys done a good job at Motherwell but he's going to lose the majority of his team in the summer and he's not going to be able to replace them with the budget he has. 

I think Archer, Carroll, Dunne, Gallagher, Mugabi, O'Donnell, Maguire, Campbell, Polworth and Long are out of contract soon or in the summer. 

Probably jumped before the inevitable because they'll be toiling if they can't get fans into grounds soon. 

Would take Gallagher, Campbell,Maguire or Polworth

34 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Stella! 

Streetcar Named Desire (1951) Posters, Prints, Paintings & Wall Art for  Sale | AllPosters.com

Bet SR's got one of these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5zfyTpb4UZitI8g7R_3iy7Re2tL-s03sGh1niTyv0dvm5ISeevdvU1nf3pQ&usqp=CAc

:whistling:

Fitzroy Pointon
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Was many's Messiah on here a while ago.

Tommy Wright was the messiah a few years ago but I think either of them would have got us out the mess we were in last year.  

FWIW I think Robinson would have turned their season round but from looking at comments from Motherwell fans, the boo boys won here. 

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Remember just over a year ago there were people on here screaming out for him to get the Hearts job. 

We wouldn’t be in the Championship  had he come to us imo

It’s hard enough at Hearts but it must be a tough job at clubs like Motherwell with considerably less resources.  I remember at times he had them playing decent football and only finished a whisker below us in two mediocre seasons when we ended mid-table. 

They were third before last season was prematurely ended.  

Definitely a “messiah“ compared to the pish we put up with before RNs return. 

👀

Edited by Debut 4

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

He'd only be interested in the east side of either Glasgow or Edinburgh

I think Robinson is perhaps a victim of his own success. Motherwell punched above their weight in a financial sense while having one of the lower budgets in the Premiership. Leading them to European qualification and Cup Finals are quite the achievements.

I'd have happily taken him at ourselves when Levein was relieved of first team duties and believe that we wouldn't be where we are had the club acted quickly. 

I doubt it would have been possible for him to do any worse than Levein or Stendel.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Remember just over a year ago there were people on here screaming out for him to get the Hearts job. 

He resigned.

Maybe he thinks it's time for a different challenge

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Do you have tomorrow night's winning lottery numbers?

Edited by JamboAl

46 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Was many's Messiah on here a while ago.

Quite possibly would have kept us up. In hindsight we should have went for a safe pair of hands like him rather than a revolution.

I wouldn't underestimate the impact Covid has had (and continues to have) on most people in management positions. It's one hell of an extra burden on top of the day job not just from the financial aspect but also the HR and regulatory aspects too. He may just need a break...

So let me get this right, we'd not have been relegated if we'd appointed the guy that's just walked out on 3rd bottom Motherwell after he basically said he'd lost the dressing room and only 7 or 8 players were still playing for him? Sounds exactly the type of character that you'd want to unite a squad for a relegation battle! 

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I already said that Robinson had done a decent job at Motherwell previously. I didn't bring up Wright's name if you check back, just commented on the post that did. I'll decide who i respond to, thanks. And i've commented on other posts and kept it "on topic" for you. 

Why are you getting your knickers in a twist, sweetie?

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

One could say the same about CL, if he'd stayed. 

Who kens tho, eh? 

He's taken Motherwell from 3rd to 10th in the space of a year tho. That's a fact. 

Without checking, I think Robbies record in the top flight is better. 

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, almost impossible to take, Motherwell further. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, almost impossible to take, Motherwell further. 

Yep. They can't afford to renew those contracts. 

38 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Streetcar Named Desire (1951) Posters, Prints, Paintings & Wall Art for  Sale | AllPosters.com

Bet SR's got one of these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5zfyTpb4UZitI8g7R_3iy7Re2tL-s03sGh1niTyv0dvm5ISeevdvU1nf3pQ&usqp=CAc

:whistling:

🤣🤣

Have we had the , should have got him hes better than Lehvein n Phoodle n Stendull yet? 

No trophy but, with Celtic's absolute dominance, that's not a failure. Other than that he's probably done as much with Motherwell as anyone could. 

Has merit as a manager but still glad he didn't end up at Hearts. Rightly or wrongly he just didn't feel like the right fit to me. 

Will probably do well in League 1/2 down south if that's where he's heading. 

48 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We wouldn't have been in the Championship if we'd beaten St Mirren in what turned out to be our last game. The players bottled it that night. Only Halkett, Smith and Naismith left from that team says a lot...

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Maybe long-term but there's a few others i'd like to see relegated long before them, like Hamilton, St Mirren and even St Johnstone. Hamilton's stadium is pish and not top league level, St Mirren hang on the coat-tails of the old firm, Smeltic in particular and St Johnstone have little to no supporters which brings nothing to the Premier League, plus they are willing to bend over for the old firm boaby and allow them to turn McDermaid Park into an almost home game, selling tickets for three stands to them. None of them would be missed in the Premier. 

Absolutely correct 👍  My preferred relegation/administration  candidates -

Pool 1 - any club with a plastic pitch

Pool 2 - any club who made no attempt to stop the SPFL's 9-in-a-row policy.

Ideally, clubs who are in both Pool 1 and Pool 2 actually

54 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Quite possibly your right there. I still think Neilson is a better bet long term. 

51 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He resigned.

Maybe he thinks it's time for a different challenge

He is having a nightmare of a season, relegation type form. He is jumping before he is pushed. 

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

One could say the same about CL, if he'd stayed. 

Who kens tho, eh? 

He's taken Motherwell from 3rd to 10th in the space of a year tho. That's a fact. 

Without checking, I think Robbies record in the top flight is better. 

I meant he would have been able to assess our squad quickly, get it organised and hopefully find the balance needed to change those draws into victories. 

Long term not so sure though. 

I meant he MIGHT have been able to assess our squad quickly, MIGHT HAVE get it organised and hopefully MIGHT HAVE found the balance needed to change those draws into victories. 

Long term not so sure though. 

Surely thats more accurate...You can’t say he would have with anything. He had some very very poor runs with Motherwell before turning it around. Very hit and miss. Man who admitted the dressing room wasnt playing for him and had fall outs with others. Thats does not sound likea good basis for “we wouldn’t be in the Championship if he had been manager” 

We wouldnt maybe be in the championship if we’d beaten St Mirren in our last game , We wouldn’t maybe be in the Championship if Rangers hadn’t ****ed itat home to Hamilton etc etc etc 😒

Hampden Demolition
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Or the 'Well scouts have eg Turnbull, Campbell and Jake Hastie were all at Fir Park before he arrived.

He has played a big part in their development. The club has made over £6m in profit since he was appointed.

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Surely thats more accurate...You can’t say he would have with anything. He had some very very poor runs with Motherwell before turning it around. Very hit and miss. Man who admitted the dressing room wasnt playing for him and had fall outs with others. Thats does not sound likea good basis for “we wouldn’t be in the Championship if he had been manager” 

We wouldnt maybe be in the championship if we’d beaten St Mirren in our last game , We wouldn’t maybe be in the Championship if Rangers hadn’t ****ed itat home to Hamilton etc etc etc 😒

True but it was just my opinion that Robinson would have been a better bet than Stendel - in hindsight. 

But I also believe DS would have been better in the long term. 

Maroon Sailor
26 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

He is having a nightmare of a season, relegation type form. He is jumping before he is pushed. 

If only Levein had followed that narrative

39 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

We wouldn't have been in the Championship if we'd beaten St Mirren in what turned out to be our last game. The players bottled it that night. Only Halkett, Smith and Naismith left from that team says a lot...

We wouldn’t be in the Championship if his club and others like them hadn’t voted to put us there

**** em all.

36 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

He has played a big part in their development. The club has made over £6m in profit since he was appointed.

Where's the next batch of youngsters from their great academy then? 

Dr Ian Malcolm
56 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

This. They're in serious danger of going down under a manager who touts himself for every job going yet slaughters his players for 'believing their own hype' during a dreadful season.

Pretty sure there was similar 'strongest squad I've had' chat from him as well this season.

He's been found out and he knows it.

Edited by Dr Ian Malcolm

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Would love Motherwell to go down. Been far too long since they tasted relegation. 😁

Do not agree they are trying to get a fan based model in the running of their Club no OF sycophants in the Motherwell support.

49 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

True but it was just my opinion that Robinson would have been a better bet than Stendel - in hindsight. 

But I also believe DS would have been better in the long term. 

Is that not the problem?  You don't have hindsight when you appoint a manager - and it is difficult to tell what would have happened until it has happened.  Just guesswork!

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is that not the problem?  You don't have hindsight when you appoint a manager - and it is difficult to tell what would have happened until it has happened.  Just guesswork!

Yes, and I am looking back with hindsight and suggesting Robinson may have been a better fit for those last few months than Stendel. 

Yes, and I am looking back with hindsight and suggesting Robinson may have been a better fit for those last few months than Stendel. 

At that time we needed a experienced manager of scottish football,Stendel was the wrong appointment,at that time,no question.

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Would love Motherwell to go down. Been far too long since they tasted relegation. 😁

They play on grass, bring a decent support (people who resist the temptation of following Celtic or Rangers) and have avoided relegation mostly by performing well. Why would we want them to go down? 

4 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Rare you get a manager walking away when he realises it's no longer working. Fair play if thats the case. Some would sit it out and take every penny from the club.

Like Levein you mean.

32 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I would think Craigan, with all his obvious experience and coaching badges, will be nailed on for the job

Mikey Stewart as Assistant 🤣