• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Harry Potter

• The Real Maroonblood

• Tazio

Came down the A9 today. Roads are ok although the verges are covered in snow. The outside lanes at Slochd and Drumochter have a bit of snow but I've seen them worse. Few snow showers but the biggest problem are the erseholes who have no idea of the dangers they pose to other road users. Up against a wall🤬

A few inches of snow fell here in the Borders overnight, proper winter scene outside now, 9am and no sign of any gritters, main roads are utterly atrocious seemingly, side roads even worse.

Pain in the arse. The pavements are always treacherous on my route to work whenever it is icy. -5 tonight so I'm going to be sliding all over the place tomorrow morning.

Cold weather can GTF. 

macphee.png

36 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Pain in the arse. The pavements are always treacherous on my route to work whenever it is icy. -5 tonight so I'm going to be sliding all over the place tomorrow morning.

Cold weather can GTF. 

macphee.png

Get yourself some of these......Or maybe not....

That thing you do

Weather Here in Mexico next 7 days

Today  High 28c Low 14c, cloudless skies, wall to wall sunshine, occasional chance of shade.

Next 6 Days: See today

5 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Today  High 28c Low 14c, cloudless skies, wall to wall sunshine, occasional chance of shade.

Sorry..... I only accept Mexican Weather forecasts from Yanet Garcia.....

4 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

After posting normal temperatures for Mexico at this time of year, what kinda response you looking for? 

That thing you do
4 hours ago, OBE said:

After posting normal temperatures for Mexico at this time of year, what kinda response you looking for? 

None. Just happy to be warm

That thing you do
5 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I see why

La mamacita es muy bonita.

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Hopefully the same in June when I'm out for my silver wedding, someplace near Akumal I think. Grand Sirenis or summit.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

What is it with people in this country that they don’t own clothes for when the weather gets like this? 

Agreed, I lived in Norway for a few years. You spent 20 minutes getting ready to go out in the winter. It's all about lawyers and not a North Face jacket. 

That thing you do
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Hopefully the same in June when I'm out for my silver wedding, someplace near Akumal I think. Grand Sirenis or summit.

Akumal is a nice spot. Plenty to do.

Tulum, Bacalar Lake, Playa del Carmen Cozumel etc

Good choice of location

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Agreed, I lived in Norway for a few years. You spent 20 minutes getting ready to go out in the winter. It's all about lawyers and not a North Face jacket. 

Agreed. I was in New York around this time of year 4 years ago and there was an epic 24 hour snow storm. Barely anything closed down and every person seemed to at least own decent footwear for it and a suitable coat and hat. I got home a short while ago and saw so many people dressed the exact same as they usually do stood shivering at bus stops. If people can’t afford it I genuinely feel sorry for them but nearly every one of them was labelled up to the max. 

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

What? You need to get lawyered up just to go outside? Bleedin' police state! 🙃

henrysmithsgloves
6 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

What weather ❤️❤️

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Agreed. I was in New York around this time of year 4 years ago and there was an epic 24 hour snow storm. Barely anything closed down and every person seemed to at least own decent footwear for it and a suitable coat and hat. I got home a short while ago and saw so many people dressed the exact same as they usually do stood shivering at bus stops. If people can’t afford it I genuinely feel sorry for them but nearly every one of them was labelled up to the max. 

5 or six layers on your top half with something waterproof on the outer layer. At least two layers on the bottom half. Proper waterproof footwear and obviously keep the head covered by a good bunnet. 

I think the coldest I experienced was minus 25 ish. To be honest once it gets below a certain temperature it's just fn cauld.. 

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

What? You need to get lawyered up just to go outside? Bleedin' police state! 🙃

Aye, just incase you blame the government for the weather. 

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

824558618_Screenshot2022-12-12at22_34_42.png.a8cb5e37eced5a89958cd52225eae3ee.png

I spent two years living in the above city.

January was a tough month.

I enjoyed my winters in the Oslo area apart from lack of daylight. The houses were built for the weather in the winter and you basically lived outside in the summer. 

I always remember my first winter. I was due to meet some friends for drinks but it was a blizzard all afternoon and the snow was knee deep by daytime. I phoned one of them saying I can't make it as I had to get a train a couple of stops and obviously it wouldn't be running. 

I can still here him laughing down the phone at me. 

I have a vague recollection of the winter of 62/63. I was just a nipper and we lived in the higher part of Gorebridge. The snow drifts were so bad that folk had to dig tunnels or trenches out of their front doors to get out the house. ground floor windows had a 8-10 foot wall of snow in front of them. When you eventually got out the snow was so rock solid and hard packed that you could touch the tops of telegraph poles in the field opposite our house. All the kids in our street built igloos which lasted for about 6 weeks. The coal board my dad worked for hired a tracked vehicle and delivered tins of beans and bread and other essentials. We just couldn’t get out the street but the kids thought it was great fun

3 hours ago, That thing you do said:

None. Just happy to be warm

-6 degrees outside, body temp 36 degrees Celsius, same as yours...also chuffed!🤗

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

What is it with people in this country that they don’t own clothes for when the weather gets like this? 

guy with shorts on yesterday walking down my road, temp -3 , 

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Coz we're usually tempered with a blaw from the gulf stream, but when the North wind doth blow, then we shall have snow...

Daughter was 3 years at Ayr University. On occasion when she returned to East Lothian for a wee visit, claimed "it's Baltic through here" nae palm trees on the East Coast...

💥🔥🔥🔥🔥💥

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

See bald guys with top class winter coats but no hat.

Muppets.

Usually quite like the prospect of a white xmas but by the looks of it this cold spell will end a tad before the big day. Bitter at this weekends game tho

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

I love my winter clothes, winter's rubbish without them. Long johns, thermal socks, waterproof boots and a thigh length felt topcoat. And that's just the dug...

Quite extraordinary this morning.  On my way to work with baselayer,  tee shirt,  zip top (1),  zip top (2),  fleece,  padded jacket,  gloves,  scarf,  hat,  jeans,  joggers.  Add in socks,  underwear and footwear = 17 things on.  

Edited by Victorian

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

-7 c just now,:facepalm:. mups.

Coldest place I've ever been was Mo i Rana

It was -20

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Quite extraordinary this morning.  On my way to work with baselayer,  tee shirt,  zip top (1),  zip top (2),  fleece,  padded jacket,  gloves,  scarf,  hat,  jeans,  joggers.  Add in socks,  underwear and footwear = 17 things on.  

5b87fde83cccd16d008b4567?width=1000&form

My school got closed as no running water.

Had to stay home.

Stirring my tea with candy canes from the tree.

Wonder how my pay rise talks are going.......

New Town Loafer
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Acceptable if heading to the gym. Did it myself this morning (apparently -7) and you don't feel it if you're marching up the road a short distance and the weather is still.

Need some gloves though, it's brutal on the hands.

18 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Acceptable if heading to the gym. Did it myself this morning (apparently -7) and you don't feel it if you're marching up the road a short distance and the weather is still.

Need some gloves though, it's brutal on the hands.

I might be lionesque of mane, but there's still more forehead than there used to be. That's where I get that cold pain, like brain freeze but on the spam.

I'm loving this cold spell and hoping for more snow though the dangerous side of this weather sadly took those boys life's in Solihull, so heartbreaking, life is a ***** at times.

Maw nature should designated snow areas, anything North of the Firth is fair, if folk want it, they don't have to travel far to get it...

New Town Loafer
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I might be lionesque of mane, but there's still more forehead than there used to be. That's where I get that cold pain, like brain freeze but on the spam.

It's bad stuff, alright. Picked the end of last week to get my hair trimmed ffs.