• colinmaroon

• jambos are go!

• Thomaso

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Cobblers said:

Just posted a collage of players who have died in 2020.  Pity they included a photo of Rudi Skacel

Was this on a TV show or online?

I presume their mistake is they meant to post a picture of Zaliukas and posted Skacel instead?

Either way very poor.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

I presume their mistake is they meant to post a picture of Zaliukas and posted Skacel instead?

Either way very poor.

These foreigners all look the same....

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

My presumption on why the BBC made the mistake had nothing to do with where the BBC thought the players were from. 

It was due to the fact that both players most famous and most used photographs came from the 2012 Cup Final.

6 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

One of a faceless cast of thousands, one might say.

If one was a complete and utter cock.

If it was the EEH or the Northbriton you'd put it down to wishful thinking from the embittered hobo scribblers there, but there's no excuse for the BBC.

2 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Shocking, the standard of supposed football journalism in this country is atrocious.

Does no one check content any more?

I don't think they do, at the BBC at least. I'm a great fan of the BBC but the level of accuracy in their online reporting has definitely diminished in recent years, and that includes their use of English. At times you think some of their reports and live offerings, especially here in Scotland, are being produced by school pupils on training/experience.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Either way very poor.

Easy mistake to make, one a diminutive buzzbomb goalscoring attacker, the other...na **** it, its an absolute shit show.

The Scottish media is a very small pond with very little interest in anything that doesn't correspond to populist groupthink. 

In football, they don't need to factcheck as it's all Celtic/Rangers oriented and they have enough OF devoted reporters to get it right. Anything else and, well it's just not that important really.

Good to see our license fee being used to hire people competent at their jobs... 

Hugely disrespectful, if they did this to one of the OF there would be hell to pay. 

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

I don't think they do, at the BBC at least. I'm a great fan of the BBC but the level of accuracy in their online reporting has definitely diminished in recent years, and that includes their use of English. At times you think some of their reports and live offerings, especially here in Scotland, are being produced by school pupils on training/experience.

Agree with this 👍

The number of times they lose the sound or even the film from outdoor news stories is ridiculous imo. 

They often get the wrong photos in news stories. 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Totally agree. They have never replaced excellent reporters who have either left or retired over the years. The present crop including pundits are poo. The best of talent from here move South. The producers of the programmes may be to blame as you seem to get a job in the media up here without any great experience. You only have to look at the nine. It’s rubbish. 

2 hours ago, H2 said:

Surprising they could make such an error, they got it right on Sports Personality of the Year.

Just watched this and it was good big Zal was in there.

alwaysthereinspirit

We should decide on here who should write our complaint letter. That way we can all read their template reply as one.
@$$ wipes.

Jambo in Bathgate
3 hours ago, H2 said:

Surprising they could make such an error, they got it right on Sports Personality of the Year.

Yep. But that’s professionally produced. 

3 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Another unfortunate "error" from BBC Scotland. 🙄

It was Football Focus so can’t really blame BBC Scotland more highlights how much they know and care about Scottish Football

8 minutes ago, Cobblers said:

It was Football Focus so can’t really blame BBC Scotland more highlights how much they know and care about Scottish Football

Where would they go to get the names for players with Scottish connections, background, photos etc.  BBC France?

1 hour ago, Cobblers said:

You can. I suspect that will be Football Focus’ go to, for information on Scottish football.