• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Robbo-Jambo

• Gorgie Boot boy

fabienleclerq

Tin hat on, some folk are over rating him a bit. Had two major chances and never finished them. Plenty potential but not as good as some think. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Tin hat on, some folk are over rating him a bit. Had two major chances and never finished them. Plenty potential but not as good as some think. 

Big game opportunities and he fluffed them. Better than walker but thats not hard.

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

He’s not a fantastic player or anything but gives us an energy in attack that nobody else does. Until we find a live wire like him (but better) he starts every week for me, if fit obviously. 

I actually thought he was poor when he came on. Missed a huge chance to win it for us in 90. Poor positioning up front as well, although understandable considering he is a right winger. Good awareness for his goal though. 

Just now, maroonlegions said:

Walker hid today, Needs emptied. 

Won’t be here next season is my guess. Will look decent at championship level but I don’t think he’s top flight material any more. 

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Tend to agree though out of all our wide players he seems to be the best . That said there is still work to be done some supporters get carried away thinking he’s the bees knees 

2 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

He's overrated despite scoring today. 

Whether he’s overrated or not is down to opinion but right now he’s about the only pacey attacker we have. 

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

He was a bloody disgrace today. 

Hearts man, aye 🙄

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I actually thought he was poor when he came on. Missed a huge chance to win it for us in 90. Poor positioning up front as well, although understandable considering he is a right winger. Good awareness for his goal though. 

Should have scored and make poor decisions 

He's not at the level I'd like us to be at but where we are he's exactly what we need.

I'm sick of these mercurial talents who walk around with no effort and hide when it gets tough. He came on, wanted the ball, was direct, ran hard and took the game to Celtic. His desire to get the 3rd was great and the way he wiped McGregor out into the net shows he wasn't shirking that chance. More of that please.

I'd be trying to get an agreement to sign him right now after the loan, if it was at all possible. 

Yes, he needs to be a little bit better in terms of deciding when to shoot or pass, but he changed that game. Their defence did not handle him well.

36 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Agree.   He can finish well but needs space and in games against better opposition and with intensity he just doesn't have the legs and becomes a luxery we can't afford on the pitch.  Sad. But true.  He is a  passenger in these games but RN keeps picking him.   

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Agree.   He can finish well but needs space and in games against better opposition and with intensity he just doesn't have the legs and becomes a luxery we can't afford on the pitch.  Sad. But true.  He is a  passenger in these games but RN keeps picking him.   

RN keeps picking him in these game? What do you mean?

36 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Shooting from 40 yards when Naisy was free was madness 

Maybe he believes in the hype he gets on here ?

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

RN keeps picking him in these game? What do you mean?

Games against opposition where we need the midfield to win 2nd balls and have a real influence, or we lose the balance of play.....just my view but fine to play him when we can provide him with time and space in the final 3rd,   but otherwise he becomes a passenger.  

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Games against opposition where we need the midfield to win 2nd balls and have a real influence, or we lose the balance of play.....just my view but fine to play him when we can provide him with time and space in the final 3rd,   but otherwise he becomes a passenger.  

Got you now. He’s just too hot and cold for me. I honestly doubt he’ll feature much next season, if he’s still here. 

58 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

This. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Got you now. He’s just too hot and cold for me. I honestly doubt he’ll feature much next season, if he’s still here. 

Agree,   and that is a shame but I can't see him influencing many games a level up.    Hope he enjoys this season and does well. 

1 hour ago, MrBones said:

he had an amazing chance to play Naismith in to win it for us in normal time, but he did change the pace of the game in our favour

Yes..... the best chance of the game.  How did he not see or hear Naisy bombing through the middle  on his own ?    His shot was awful too.    Didn't he blooter another wild one in the 90 mins ?        Hopefully  Robbie gives him some praise for today, but firmly points out that he needs to spend hours on the training pitch to improve his decision-making ..... and shooting.

no where near fit. Will be a key player for us if he stay fit and head and shoulders above anyone else we have in that position. Made some bad choices today but he's barely played, it was against Celtic, it was a cup final, and he still scored

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

This.

Probably best coming off the bench and getting at tired full backs. Worked against QotS.

Far too wasteful today, but gambled when no one else did at the backpost and gave us a shot.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gone said:

Not fit

Yeah, didn’t really know where to go in the middle but had to play there. He probably would’ve scored if he had been fully fit and had a few games under his belt. 
If he can stay fit we will have to try and sign him up. 

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, Gone said:

Not fit

Give me him before some of our other players any day of the week.  Not fit ma arse!

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

I just can't get my head around it. Walker and his family are all die-hard Jambos, yet he puts in that sort of performance in a Scottish Cup final against Celtic. Unforgivable really.

4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I just can't get my head around it. Walker and his family are all die-hard Jambos, yet he puts in that sort of performance in a Scottish Cup final against Celtic. Unforgivable really.

Didn't surprise me. Time's up for him.

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

In one of our rare first half attacks

The manky lot won the ball back and started an attack. We won the ball back and it was played forward .  Walker was caught offside. He hadn't got back.onside from our previous attack.  Lazy school boy stuff 

I'm not getting too excited about Ginnelly yet. We saw the best and worst of him today. Pacey, caused problems and grabbed a goal but a poor decision making and lots not coming off for him. He has potential but there is a reason he hasn't made it at Preston yet. A loan to Hearts is a big opportunity for him, it's up to him to show that he can make something of his potential. 

Fantastic strike rate in goals per minute on the pitch.One of our stats people could maybe confirm.If he can stay fit then worth signing if he keeps it up.If he has the right mentality then keep him if possible.

Gorgie Boot boy

Gino Ginnelly is pretty much a rookie playing against a side like Celtic,this was the biggest game of his career.

He came off the bench and pretty much changed the game for us ina crucial stage of the match.

Handled missing chances and done well to grab a goal, he kept on it and got a reward.

I feel gutted that he could of should of done better and grabbed a limelight stealing hat trick.

This says everything for the lad, a top prospect with the world at his feet.

10/10

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bit of an emotional day to think too rationally and it's an abnormal occasion too.

Don't want to write in or write off, if Ginnelly stays fit though a different type we don't have frightened Celtic he will terrify most.

Let's not write anyone off though