Ginnelly

DB-14

Changed the game for us for sure but he'll be kicking himself for missed chances and wrong decisions.. could have been a real hero... still miles better than Walker tho

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Robbo-Jambo

• Gorgie Boot boy

24 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Looked fitter than Walker 

The disinterest from Walker was astonishing considering he was playing in a cup final for a team he is meant to support. 

Couldn't care less if I never saw him in a Hearts jersey again tbh. 

10 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The disinterest from Walker was astonishing considering he was playing in a cup final for a team he is meant to support. 

Shut it.

I like him.    A bit rough around the edges but he is positive, commits defenders and us prepared to shoot.   We need players like this in our team, sadly lacking in recent years. 

25 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Walker was like that for the last 18 months of his first spell with us.  He's a passenger most of the time and has the odd good game once in a blue moon.  Needs emptied.

46 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Agree and  I was a fan of him utterly hopeless today 

Just doesn’t try 

Glamorgan Jambo

Ginnelly is still very raw but by far the best of the 3 'pacy' wingers we signed in the summer and we should defo try to keep him and improve him. Obviously depending on his salary expectations. Needs to get properly fit and get a decent run of games as a starter. Aidy White is fine from the bench especially against tiring Championship defences.

6 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Cramped up. Both legs. 

Pretty obvious he was not up for 90 minutes.

One of todays highlights was Josh scoring the equaliser and sending the Celtic player flying into the back of the net. Would love to have him signed beyond this season.

bobby bombscare
3 hours ago, brawlad74 said:

Changed the game for us for sure but he'll be kicking himself for missed chances and wrong decisions.. could have been a real hero... still miles better than Walker tho

in terms of experience, he's still young. Not played a lot of first team football, so hopefully something he can learn from as he develops!
Hearts also seem keen to get him signed providing he can have a run of fitness!

The shot he took on from 40 yards was ridiculous but that's what the coaches are for, to knock that sort of nonsense out of him. 

Would need to see more of him starting before looking to keep him but he looks a decent player. He just needs to make better decisions. 

bobby bombscare
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The shot he took on from 40 yards was ridiculous but that's what the coaches are for, to knock that sort of nonsense out of him. 

Would need to see more of him starting before looking to keep him but he looks a decent player. He just needs to make better decisions. 

agreed! there was also a few times he chose to go it alone when a better option was available.

but that stuff can be taught, pace and power like he has can't! If we can get another one in fore the right wing in January, we'll be flying!

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Spot on Johan

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'd rather he shot from 40 yards and keeps shooting. I don't like players being shackled. Let them do their thing. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I'd rather he shot from 40 yards and keeps shooting. I don't like players being shackled. Let them do their thing. 

I agree, although there is a happy medium to be had. I’ve seen many hearts performances where we are shot shy and try to (more or less) walk the ball into the net. Would rather see wild shots but distances than three passes around the opposition box followed by losing the ball. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Yoda said:

Walker was like that for the last 18 months of his first spell with us.  He's a passenger most of the time and has the odd good game once in a blue moon.  Needs emptied.

Absolutely, ok at Championship level but just not fit enough. He showed that against both groups of the green cousins at Hampden, left Smith exposed constantly yesterday. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don’t think it’s knocking it out of him, it’s coaching him to see the best option to choose. If he had taken it forward then shot as space opened up or slotted in someone else we might’ve won. He’s a rough diamond no doubt about that. 

16 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not as early as he did, reckon he'll be out injured again now.

It seems that is possibly why at the age of 23 he has been at so many clubs.

14 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I can't stand watching Walker play in maroon and I still maintain we should never have given him a second chance. Don't worry, he'll blag a goal or two against some bottom half pish over the next few weeks and people will forget how poor he is most games. Walker and Frear should be first out the door in January.

I thought Ginnelly was great yesterday but his finishing is nothing short of woeful. Hopefully improves with game time, as he's getting into the positions to get chances.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

17 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Tin hat on, some folk are over rating him a bit. Had two major chances and never finished them. Plenty potential but not as good as some think. 

Just back from injury. Gave us much needed pace and with a little bit of composure could have finished the game for us just before end of normal time and similarly just before end of extra time. Really cannot be too critical given the time he has been out

Ginnelly for me is the only wide player who is good enough to step up to the Premier (not including the young guys who may develop).

I was raging at his decision making and finishing in 90 minutes yesterday, but that's probably a demonstration of why he's a wide player not a striker. 

34 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I can't stand watching Walker play in maroon and I still maintain we should never have given him a second chance. Don't worry, he'll blag a goal or two against some bottom half pish over the next few weeks and people will forget how poor he is most games. Walker and Frear should be first out the door in January.

I thought Ginnelly was great yesterday but his finishing is nothing short of woeful. Hopefully improves with game time, as he's getting into the positions to get chances.

Agree. 

How Frear ever got a contract is totally beyond me. 🙄

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Agreed about Walker, I actually can’t stand him and his lazy style. The Grealish look is actually laughable too. Frear was a huge mistake. 
I think Ginnelly looked rusty to be honest but some coaching and shooting practice would solve that. 

5 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Agree, I think Ginnelly will only get better. The last two games he's come off the bench - we've looked far more dangerous. Yeah, his decision making and finishing could be better - but that can be coached (as someone has already pointed out). I just hope he signs for us as he's far better than Roberts and Frear.

22 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Won’t be here next season is my guess. Will look decent at championship level but I don’t think he’s top flight material any more. 

Thats the thing though, he doesn't even look decent at Championship level.

As soon as he is punted the better.

fabienleclerq
9 hours ago, TWF said:

Just back from injury. Gave us much needed pace and with a little bit of composure could have finished the game for us just before end of normal time and similarly just before end of extra time. Really cannot be too critical given the time he has been out

I don't think I was tbf, just think we are over rating him considering how little we have seen of him. 

One player with genuine pace had Celtic all at sea. He should have probably had a hat trick. His finishing was not the best on Sunday but efforts up to that point?

On 20/12/2020 at 20:55, Robbo-Jambo said:

Still trying to forgive that 😉 

but I have a problem with guys trying to give it the Beckham look ,tattoos,hairstyles, f me,even dresses ? If they do it on the pitch ,they can wear a dildo on their head but ffs please show it on the park first.....v sad because I so much wanted this lad to kick on and show all of us the potential he definitely had long ago 👎🏻

1 minute ago, maggieb said:

Still trying to forgive that 😉 

but I have a problem with guys trying to give it the Beckham look ,tattoos,hairstyles, f me,even dresses ? If they do it on the pitch ,they can wear a dildo on their head but ffs please show it on the park first.....v sad because I so much wanted this lad to kick on and show all of us the potential he definitely had long ago 👎🏻

Or not so long ago ,sorry

On 20/12/2020 at 18:43, Ainsley Harriott said:

He hides 90% of the time absolute waste of a Jersey 

Never been a fan of Walker. Not convinced by his body language. Always looks knackered and/or lazy. 

On 20/12/2020 at 18:03, kingantti1874 said:

He would have started if he was fit. End of thread 

He played for 75 minutes and looked fine at the end of it. Should have started if he’s got 75 minutes in him. We didn’t take part in the game until we were nearly out of it.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

He played for 75 minutes and looked fine at the end of it. Should have started if he’s got 75 minutes in him. We didn’t take part in the game until we were nearly out of it.

Edited by Hearts_fan

5 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Won the last 90 minutes 3-1

If only we had started the game as we started the second half. FFS that’s a huge missed opportunity and I’m afraid to say it’s a typical shite the bed job from Robbie until the point he had no choice and hey guess what, we then had them not knowing whether they needed a shite or a shave. Even at 2-2 when we had the game in our hands he had us sitting off and playing too deep again.

Edited by JimmyCant

28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If only we had started the game as we started the second half. FFS that’s a huge missed opportunity and I’m afraid to say it’s a typical shite the bed job from Robbie until the point he had no choice and hey guess what, we then had them not knowing whether they needed a shite or a shave. Even at 2-2 when we had the game in our hands he had us sitting off and playing too deep again.

You can’t blame Robbie surely?

he can only piss with what’s in the tool, once on the pitch ,the guys have to stand up a little, first couple of minutes,looked good , then nerves , every 50/50 went west as per usual , once the shit hit the fan ,with the obligatory penalty for nothing making it 2-0 and the SFA thought ,well that’s that, everything justified...I thought we looked the better team but bash on ,I’m sure we will find a manager within budget and just dying to ply his trade in the Scottish second division who loves Hearts and drop tools to come here , probably texting his CV now .

well done Robbie lad , I’ll be the first at the bar when we next meet and promise player negativity won’t be mentioned 🍺

Bazzas right boot
On 20/12/2020 at 20:31, brawlad74 said:

Agree and Disagree Tbh, I think he'd have been better on the wing but understand why he replaced Boyce up front. 

I think Boyce going off was bad for us, but Ginnelly coming on was good. 

Walker was terrible, as was Irving for 60 minutes. Both were missing, firs half I could not have told you they were playing. 

45 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He was still full of running at the end of the game. Robbie,s comments that the game plan only came unstuck in the first half due to a wonder strike and a penalty bemuses me. Often or not that’s what occurs when you start on the back foot. The Celtic defence has been fragile recently and with a new young goalkeeper we should have been much more offensive from the start.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Celtic went to Milan and went 2-0 up, they blew away Aberdeen in 20 minutes in the sf. 

I never once thought they could replicate the first 20 minutes v Milan and win 9-0? 

Celtic might be a poor shadow of the Rogers team but they still have players, better than us in almost every position. 

Do folk never think about the other team on here? 

Celtic pressed us well, their better midfielders got on top of ours and they dominated play. 

We reacted and importantly scored early, they then got rattled and it swung in our favour. 

Seen it happen 100 plus times. 

Football is not as easy as just replicate a good spell over a whole game and then a season, it's not how football works. 

If it did, every team would do it. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Never been a fan of Walker. Not convinced by his body language. Always looks knackered and/or lazy. 

Gordon said during the week he’s  the best finisher at the club, usually about the box in training because he is so lazy. 

I thought he was very exciting to watch and a great prospect. Delighted he got a goal.  As for Walker, a guy with the surname and heritage should have been jumping out of his skin.  Maybe he has a mental block.

Ginnelly did more in 7 minutes than Walker did in 70.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Gordon said during the week he’s  the best finisher at the club, usually about the box in training because he is so lazy. 

And he gives me his spare training gear.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Won’t be any sweat stains on it 👍🏽

Hmmm, aye there is. My lazy arse has been sitting in them.

Who the hell is this thread about...Ginnelly or Walker?  I hate it when someone starts a thread within a thread.  If you want to talk about Walker start a separate thread.  (Rant over)

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Hmmm, aye there is. My lazy arse has been sitting in them.

Naismith mentions in the cup final programme that he’s not known for showering after training, hope you boil washed them 😜

1 hour ago, maggieb said:

You can’t blame Robbie surely?

he can only piss with what’s in the tool, once on the pitch ,the guys have to stand up a little, first couple of minutes,looked good , then nerves , every 50/50 went west as per usual , once the shit hit the fan ,with the obligatory penalty for nothing making it 2-0 and the SFA thought ,well that’s that, everything justified...I thought we looked the better team but bash on ,I’m sure we will find a manager within budget and just dying to ply his trade in the Scottish second division who loves Hearts and drop tools to come here , probably texting his CV now .

well done Robbie lad , I’ll be the first at the bar when we next meet and promise player negativity won’t be mentioned 🍺

I just wanted Robbie to be more positive from the start. His decision making after we went 2-0 down was fine. Subs made a big difference and we ended up being the better team in the game and a baw hair away from winning. Robbie is fine as a manager and you’re right. I’m not sure we can afford or attract much better at this stage, but he’s got a flaw that crops up now and again and we saw it on Sunday again.

Cant agree on penalty for nothing though. In the new interpretation of the hand ball rules, it’s a stonewaller. Put it this way, if Julien does that at the other end, are you screaming for a penalty ? You’re damned right you are and it’s a travesty of gigantic proportions if you don’t get it. We can’t complain about the penalty, the first goal is unstoppable once he gets a yard of space luckily the way the ball broke to him and he’s always likely to do that to you. The third goal, great ball in but we need to be blocking Browns run onto it, not giving him a free bullet header. Griffiths is always going to score those little drop downs.

Edited by JimmyCant

Gorgie Boot boy
38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Naismith mentions in the cup final programme that he’s not known for showering after training, hope you boil washed them 😜

Boil wash myself