Ginnelly

DB-14

On 20/12/2020 at 20:31, brawlad74 said:

Changed the game for us for sure but he'll be kicking himself for missed chances and wrong decisions.. could have been a real hero... still miles better than Walker tho

This!

Did impact the game and at least he has pace.  But I suspect the reason he is with us is inconsistency,  poor decision making and erratic execution, all of which were on show against Celtic. 

Jamie Walker just remains a complete enigma to me. I just sense it ain’t going to happen for him. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Robbo-Jambo

• Gorgie Boot boy

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celtic went to Milan and went 2-0 up, they blew away Aberdeen in 20 minutes in the sf. 

I never once thought they could replicate the first 20 minutes v Milan and win 9-0? 

Celtic might be a poor shadow of the Rogers team but they still have players, better than us in almost every position. 

Do folk never think about the other team on here? 

Celtic pressed us well, their better midfielders got on top of ours and they dominated play. 

We reacted and importantly scored early, they then got rattled and it swung in our favour. 

Seen it happen 100 plus times. 

Football is not as easy as just replicate a good spell over a whole game and then a season, it's not how football works. 

If it did, every team would do it. 

Spot on.

If Robbie could wave a magic wand, Lennon would too, and then what... 

It's football. One team wins the upper hand, then the other does, and so it goes. It's a match of two teams.

We did well. Robbie did well. We lost unfortunately, but came within a whisker of upsetting the massive odds against us. 

18 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I just wanted Robbie to be more positive from the start. His decision making after we went 2-0 down was fine. Subs made a big difference and we ended up being the better team in the game and a baw hair away from winning. Robbie is fine as a manager and you’re right. I’m not sure we can afford or attract much better at this stage, but he’s got a flaw that crops up now and again and we saw it on Sunday again.

Cant agree on penalty for nothing though. In the new interpretation of the hand ball rules, it’s a stonewaller. Put it this way, if Julien does that at the other end, are you screaming for a penalty ? You’re damned right you are and it’s a travesty of gigantic proportions if you don’t get it. We can’t complain about the penalty, the first goal is unstoppable once he gets a yard of space luckily the way the ball broke to him and he’s always likely to do that to you. The third goal, great ball in but we need to be blocking Browns run onto it, not giving him a free bullet header. Griffiths is always going to score those little drop downs.

I think we are on the same page but imagine the scenario where we had gone, all out attack ....their scum multimillion pound forwards would’ve had a field day,I’m sort of getting over it ,it hurts bad, getting so close but our situation and getting phukked by our so called association in Scotland wants outed long before Robbie, the guy got so close to being a forever legend with us,when long term contracts are being bandied about, he’d be the first on the list at the club 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

18 hours ago, hearts00 said:

This!

Did impact the game and at least he has pace.  But I suspect the reason he is with us is inconsistency,  poor decision making and erratic execution, all of which were on show against Celtic. 

Jamie Walker just remains a complete enigma to me. I just sense it ain’t going to happen for him. 

Exciting player to watch. Never had one since Milinkovic. 

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Looking to next season: Josh and the kids > frear, roberts, gms, Kas 

No brainer for me. Who cares if he gets injured. Worth the risk 

At last Kas won't be here next season.

Typical budge era signing, either 80% of the time they are shite, 10% of the time they are good, and the other 10% of the time they are good but made of glass. 

5 hours ago, R1874 said:

Looking to next season: Josh and the kids > frear, roberts, gms, Kas 

No brainer for me. Who cares if he gets injured. Worth the risk 

Is it though? 
Based on the amount of games he’s played I’m not sure it is

Love us to sign Ginnelly, he's looked really good. Definitely a hit. Unfortunate with his injury but quick players tend to do their hammy if anything. Don't have any doubts about signing him. 

I would be happy with Ginnelly, Kastineer and GMS. Ginnelly has shown what he is capable of, Kastineer looked powerful in the first half Saturday (no one wants to go up against a 6’2” winger who should play at Murrayfield), and GMS. We all know what he can do, just needs to get fit and into the right frame of mind. Not everyone scores a hatful on their debut.

9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Roberts looks like the bloke from Quantum Leap has just taken over his body.

🤣🤣🤣 Brilliant!   If only that was the case as we'd end up with a player by the end of the episode!