Jump to content

-*** Official matchday thread - Heart of Midlothian V Queen of the South***


Psychedelicropcircle

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

 

I would lower your expectation with this side. The 2014/15 team would score goals for fun but this side is a 1 or 2 nil, 2-1 sort of level. 

 

They will no doubt sit in, and with our severe lack of pace and imagination, I can see it being another slog.

 

I hope I'm wrong, but this current Hearts squad is just so boring and stale, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lost the game.

As evidenced by our 3 home league games so far:

 

Hearts 6-2 Dundee

Hearts 2-1 Inverness

Hearts 3-0 Alloa

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Harry Potter

    44

  • neilnunb

    35

  • jonnothejambo

    34

  • Jamhammer

    25

The draw between Raith/Ayr in 3rd and 4th place gives us the chance to win and stretch our lead at the top of the table. The pars will probably beat Morton, but it would certainly give us some breathing space from the others.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I understand it, Queen of the South voted for our expulsion.  

 

Club I have always had a high regard for.

 

No more.

 

Want them destroyed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

As I understand it, Queen of the South voted for our expulsion.  

 

Club I have always had a high regard for.

 

No more.

 

Want them destroyed.

👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 1953 said:

Just what were you trying to do when you found out?

Playing twister?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

As I understand it, Queen of the South voted for our expulsion.  

 

Club I have always had a high regard for.

 

No more.

 

Want them destroyed.

On the naughty list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a very comfortable victory.

Surely a game we could take a gamble and play 2 up front or is that a bit extreme?

Hopefully we wont take our foot of the gas with 40mins to go and instead get stuck in for 90mins and let the players build confidence before next week.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes today's game has to be won. I think if it's comfortable after 45 to 60 minutes. The game will slow dramatically, with one eye firmly on next Sunday. 

 

Could be very similar to the Alloa home game a few weeks back. 

The win keeps us top. 

No injury concerns for next week. Job done!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I'll go for 3-1. Walker, Wighton and Lee.

 

That sounds like a team of solicitors :laugh:

Well done guys Theres been a good few funny lines on this thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Should be a very comfortable victory.

Surely a game we could take a gamble and play 2 up front or is that a bit extreme?

Hopefully we wont take our foot of the gas with 40mins to go and instead get stuck in for 90mins and let the players build confidence before next week.

 

 

Don't think we'll go 2 up but that doesn't mean lack of ambition. It's about getting players in box. 433/451/4231 can do that well enough.

 

A 442 can be a very defensive setup if you want it to be.

 

In a way, other than maybe the the 3 or 4 at the back, formations are a bit moot. I'd guess a lot of coaches rarely say "were playing 442 today lads" like they did in my day. It's still the currency I work in, but you know what I mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, David McCaig said:

As evidenced by our 3 home league games so far:

 

Hearts 6-2 Dundee

Hearts 2-1 Inverness

Hearts 3-0 Alloa


To be fair, that’s only 11 goals scored in 3 home games. 
 

That tally should be at 30+


🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
willie wallace

Wonder if we will see the cup final line up in action today.

Barring any injury doubts I hope it is and they go full out and get a confidence boost for next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s only one baldy wighton 

Only one baldy wighton 

Sod the gifts and the tree,

Wightons just made it ‘shree’

Walkin in a wighton wonderland 

 

He got rid of his mop

Now he’s watched by klopp

Walkin in a wighton wonderland 

 

A little festive cheer...

 

big win please and no injuries. Thanks 😍 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:


To be fair, that’s only 11 goals scored in 3 home games. 
 

That tally should be at 30+


🙃

I think people are forgetting how much of a trudge 14/15 actually was. We just kept winning, was all (and that was lovely of course!)

 

I remember beating Cowden 4/5-0 at Tynie but for about 40 mins or something it was awful. Lots of games were like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think people are forgetting how much of a trudge 14/15 actually was. We just kept winning, was all (and that was lovely of course!)

 

I remember beating Cowden 4/5-0 at Tynie but for about 40 mins or something it was awful. Lots of games were like that.

Difference was the feeling that, with the attacking threat of (then) Walker, Nicholson, Sow, King, and Keatings (plus Carrick, and even El-Hass!), goals felt more like a matter of time than a matter of hope. There are times I look at this current team and wonder where the goals will come from. We chuck on Roberts or Frear if Naismith, Walker, Boyce or Wighton aren't at the races, it actually makes us weaker going forward!

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Wonder if we will see the cup final line up in action today.

Barring any injury doubts I hope it is and they go full out and get a confidence boost for next week.

I think we’ve probably been setting up for the Cup Final since we beat Hibs in the Semi, which would explain why the focus has been on being far more solid than we need to be in this division.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think people are forgetting how much of a trudge 14/15 actually was. We just kept winning, was all (and that was lovely of course!)

 

I remember beating Cowden 4/5-0 at Tynie but for about 40 mins or something it was awful. Lots of games were like that.

The 10-0 game was 0-0 after 25 mins. I think we beat them 5-0 in a league cup group game at Tynie and that was 0-0 at HT. the game you’re thinking about was 1-1 at HT and ended up 5-1

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don’t score at least 3 against a team who have conceded 14 goals in 6 games then I’ll be disappointed.

 

There are cup final places on offer and I expect a far better performance than those witnessed recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping to see Haring and Irving. If we can't play our most creative midfield at home against teams like QoS when can we? 

Edited by upgotheheads
Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see if Ginnelly is in the squad at last.

 

It was reported that he was fit and available for today and he definitely needs game time to get him fit for maybe an hour next Sunday.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If we don’t score at least 3 against a team who have conceded 14 goals in 6 games then I’ll be disappointed.

 

There are cup final places on offer and I expect a far better performance than those witnessed recently.


Yep, because QotS will have set up in those games exactly as they’ll set up today.

 

Them conceding those goals means we must score at least 3 today. That’s how football works.

 

Some people are utterly ****in clueless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Diadora Van Basten
22 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm hoping to see Haring and Irving. If we can't play our most creative midfield at home against teams like QoS when can we? 

They haven’t played together so would make sense to put them in together with a view to next week.

 

1 minute ago, Rc55 said:

Referee today   William Collum.  Beware.

Would a red card today mean a suspension for next week. If so it’s worth betting on a red card for Gordon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Whatever said:


Yep, because QotS will have set up in those games exactly as they’ll set up today.

 

Them conceding those goals means we must score at least 3 today. That’s how football works.

 

Some people are utterly ****in clueless.

Agreed when you look at the league Arbroath and Alloa are below them. We struggled v Arbroath and got beat by Alloa.

 

Every team in this league will set up 4-5-1 against us until we show that we can deal with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

 

Would a red card today mean a suspension for next week. If so it’s worth betting on a red card for Gordon.

Depends what its for. Violent conduct and serious foul play would miss the final. 2 yellows would be league suspension only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

The 10-0 game was 0-0 after 25 mins. I think we beat them 5-0 in a league cup group game at Tynie and that was 0-0 at HT. the game you’re thinking about was 1-1 at HT and ended up 5-1

Yeah that's the one!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

        Naismith        Boyce          Walker

 

             White         Irving            Lee

 

Kingsley         Berra         Halkett           Smith

 

                              Gordon

 

 

 

Edit: Could swap Naismith and White around actually. Might be either.

 

Edited by kila
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...