• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

• Jamhammer

• GinRummy

Do know anything about QotS. But I expect Hearts to put on a performance running up to cup final time. 

6-0

Edited by ri Alban

Would like us to win well obviously as going in confident for the scottish cup final is vital, However i would take any win here and hopefully avoid any niggles and or injuries to key players, Would be tempted to keep either Naismith or Boyce, Haring and Ginelly on bench and just bring them on for last 30 mins if possible.

Mon the hearts! 

:yas:

The Apprentice
14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks for that.  I know very little about Ginnelly given how little he has played.  Don't know much about Kingsley either but if he is perceived as a weak link, Celtic will exploit it if they can.

What matters is what Neilson does with the players at his disposal but I cant help thinking Haring will have to play a blinder.

Very confident though for our next two games.

Kingsley is anything but a weak link. You must be getting him confused with someone else as he’s been a very good signing.

45 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Kind of autocorrect or my fat fingers changed spanking to smelling. 

Lord BJ, bare arse's, smelling and spanking. Am I on the right forum here. 😄

The Old Tolbooth

I want us to rip these charlatans apart for what they done to Partick, they robbed them of a league place knowing full well that they should have been bottom when the leagues were fraudulently called, and then bleated like crazy about maybe not being able to field a team this season in the Championship expecting others to feel sorry for them, every bit as bad as Rat Rovers in my book! 

kingantti1874
15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks for that.  I know very little about Ginnelly given how little he has played.  Don't know much about Kingsley either but if he is perceived as a weak link, Celtic will exploit it if they can.

What matters is what Neilson does with the players at his disposal but I cant help thinking Haring will have to play a blinder.

Very confident though for our next two games.

Stephen Kingsley is not a weak link 😆 

Playing for cup final places and confidence, at home, QOTS are shite.

Should be at least 4-0

Probably be at least 4-0

Neilson, meanwhile, has been given a timely injury boost ahead of an important period of games, with Josh Ginnelly available for the first time since October 23 after recovering from a thigh tear.

Fellow winger Elliott Frear is also fit again after shaking off a hamstring strain.😂

22 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Playing for cup final places and confidence, at home, QOTS are shite.

Should be at least 4-0

Probably be at least 4-0

I would lower your expectation with this side. The 2014/15 team would score goals for fun but this side is a 1 or 2 nil, 2-1 sort of level. 

They will no doubt sit in, and with our severe lack of pace and imagination, I can see it being another slog.

I hope I'm wrong, but this current Hearts squad is just so boring and stale, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lost the game.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Neilson, meanwhile, has been given a timely injury boost ahead of an important period of games, with Josh Ginnelly available for the first time since October 23 after recovering from a thigh tear.

Fellow winger Elliott Frear is also fit again after shaking off a hamstring strain.😂

tippinn-point.gif.1e043b8ce03937fc172c96917b82f3df.gif

avhudtheteeshirt

A few on here are saying keep some players back from this game, QotS will be thinking along the lines of, we can go in hard and they will back out of challenges.

This is a game we will need a strong referee, not holding my breath on that one, we should win, but at what cost???

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Gordon

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Irving Haring

Wighton Walker Moore

Boyce

Gino off the bench to get some minutes in before next week. Take guys like Boyce, Haring, Smith off early after going 3-0 up. Need professional performance.

Ahead of the final I'd like to see us play 2 up front and switch them over at half time. I know we can't use league games like friendlies - just hoping we can get a decent first half in and enable us to give folk lacking time or confidence a run out. If Boyce, Wighton, Henderson, Naismith can all get some mins - they ought to be looking to take them with gusto ahead of the final

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I would lower your expectation with this side. The 2014/15 team would score goals for fun but this side is a 1 or 2 nil, 2-1 sort of level. 

They will no doubt sit in, and with our severe lack of pace and imagination, I can see it being another slog.

I hope I'm wrong, but this current Hearts squad is just so boring and stale, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lost the game.

Thanks,  you just cheered me up.🙁

On 10/12/2020 at 12:43, Baxfee said:

Really hope Boyce gets a couple - needs back on the groove train 

Has he ever been on the groove train for us?

5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Has he ever been on the groove train for us?

What exactly is the groove train ? Sounds like a 1970’s soul club.

4 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

Kingsley is anything but a weak link. You must be getting him confused with someone else as he’s been a very good signing.

This

Kingsley has been really good and our best signing. 

Like last season, a squad that can hold the majority of possession but shot-shy in front of goal.  A Chuckle Bros "to you - to me" sort of a strike force.  The difference is that we are playing Championship teams now who do not venture from their own half.  Even against the Pars, Hearts had 60% possession.

I expect a similar type game tomorrow 1-0.

44 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Like last season, a squad that can hold the majority of possession but shot-shy in front of goal.  A Chuckle Bros "to you - to me" sort of a strike force.  The difference is that we are playing Championship teams now who do not venture from their own half.  Even against the Pars, Hearts had 60% possession.

I expect a similar type game tomorrow 1-0.

Weren't shot shy at Greenock their keeper was man of the match. Hopefully , a corner turned.  Possession is fairly meaningless though particularly if it's mostly in your own half.

6 minutes ago, 1953 said:

This should be a comfortable win, 3-0, but the big thing for me will be avoiding injuries before next week.

This is how I’m thinking as well,

I’ll  be cringing every time we go in for a challenge or get tackled . 

Guest ToqueJambo

I'd be OK with starting with a side similar to the one that gubbed Raith in the cup. Keep the likes of Walker, Haring, Naismith, KIngsley, Smith and Boyce on the bench unless it's not going well. Let Ginnelly prove his fitness rather than have him break down early in the final. Maybe try out our preferred cup final central defence though. Give Irving, Wighton and Lee the chance to stake their claim for the final.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Would be a good time to get a better overall team performance, where it looked like we're getting it together as a side. To beat Celtic we're going to have to play exceptionally well as a team, and tomorrow would be a good time to show that we're getting there in that respect. Any win is a good result, but a comfortable 3-0 would be just the thing.

We have chopped and changed formations and players a lot this season. I know it’s two completely different games, but with next week in mind I’d play the team he’s planning on playing against Celtic. Give them an hour of playing together, hopefully build confidence and get a bit of continuity with shape and personnel

3/4 nil Hearts 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

If it's Hearts 0 at half time, I'm going to bite my own willie.

Careful now that's my name or is it the name of your dug, Doug?!

19 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

As evidenced by our 3 home league games so far:

Hearts 6-2 Dundee

Hearts 2-1 Inverness

Hearts 3-0 Alloa

The draw between Raith/Ayr in 3rd and 4th place gives us the chance to win and stretch our lead at the top of the table. The pars will probably beat Morton, but it would certainly give us some breathing space from the others.

As I understand it, Queen of the South voted for our expulsion.  

Club I have always had a high regard for.

No more.

Want them destroyed.

36 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

No more.

Want them destroyed.

👏

10 hours ago, 1953 said:

Just what were you trying to do when you found out?

Playing twister?

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

No more.

Want them destroyed.

On the naughty list.