Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 signings and we're jammin':

1) Stephen O'Donnell, play him RB, shift Michael Smith to CB.

2) A decent winger

3) An actual out and out striker

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

2) A decent winger

Stephen O’Donnell isn’t going to drop down to the championship especially with the euros next year.

27 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Stephen O’Donnell isn’t going to drop down to the championship especially with the euros next year.

Its not ideal for him but he would need to look at the bigger picture. Is 6 months playing in the championship going to stop him being in the squad? I'm not sure, Gordon is in there in a position with more competition than the RB position.  

When you look longer term too, more money, playing for well supported club. 

Personally think he will stay at Motherwell and secondly don't think he's international quality, he would be a decent signing but not one I'm going to get excited about.  This team needs pace and a youthfulness injected into it.

19 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

My one ask is stop signing pish

f.t.f.y.   :thumbsup:

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Budge, Murray and Neilson.

Shite players of the world, your time has come.

Did you deliberately leave out JJ?

50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

RN on he blower right now to McPhee for a shot of his super computer 😛

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

RN on he blower right now to McPhee for a shot of his super computer 😛

McPhee. What a ****ing Facepalm that ***** is

59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McPhee. What a ****ing Facepalm that ***** is

Do you think we would have got Smith, Lafferty and Washington without him? Maybe we might of.

But equally, Martin etc 

Just think he was promoted beyond his abilities, he wasn't all bad.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Boris said:

Do you think we would have got Smith, Lafferty and Washington without him? Maybe we might of.

But equally, Martin etc 

He was all bad. Hear me nooooow

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Glad I'm deaf.

Probably not worth us getting into this but I’d challenge you to name one tangible thing he contributed 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Probably not worth us getting into this but I’d challenge you to name one tangible thing he contributed 

Diversion/disruption alert!

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

John Murray has fired up his YouTube playlist for compilations of wingers who blooter their crosses out for a goal kick and strikers who can’t score to save their lives set to dreadful dance music.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Boab Mugabe said:

John Murray has fired up his YouTube playlist for compilations of wingers who blooter their crosses out for a goal kick and strikers who can’t score to save their lives set to dreadful dance music.

Yeah, last time we signed a player who could cross a ball we were still playing at powderhall.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, Boab Mugabe said:

“ANN, UM THINKIN ‘FOUR-YEAR DEAL’”

:wonga:

6 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Yeah, last time we signed a player who could cross a ball we were still playing at powderhall.

Oi you're forgetting that cross Beslija did. Tube.

“If the right players aren't available, I'm more than happy with what we've got at the moment.

Why is he bothering in the first place?

19 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'm with you. We are too of the league. Our squad is easily good enough to win it as is. Come June another bunch of the old guard are out of contract. And Robbie says only better than what we have. A few of his signings haven't worked out. But that's not unique.

If you had told me at the start of the season we would be top of the league now, and probably for the rest of the season, and in a cup final, I'd have most certainly been happy.

We aren't walking the league. Last time we did, but I never take it as we are entitled to beat smaller teams. The only game we are entitled to win is against the wee team, but that's a given.

We are winning the league. We have a good shot at the Cup. And any season at hearts where we get silverware is a good season for me. And I'm actually enjoying not playing the same teams on repeat. And even more so not seeing the orcs come to town from the west.

Ideally we wouldn't have signed some players like Frear, but I'm not losing any sleep over it while we stay on course for silverware.

59 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

“If the right players aren't available, I'm more than happy with what we've got at the moment.

There's this thing in football, improving on what you have.

Honestly the club cannot win with some.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

In case the right players become available I’d imagine. 

49 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

But I wish managers would be smarter. You don’t have to state you are after better than what you have. That’s obvious to anyone.

I think it doesn’t exactly send a confidence message to the players you already have.  

15 hours ago, Hood09 said:

My one ask is stop signing frees much better just 1 quality player rather than 3 pish

What a stupid post......

Craig Gordon

Micheal Smith

Stephen Kingsley

Peter Haring

All free transfers.

13 hours ago, Boris said:

But equally, Martin etc 

:arry:  HACKER ALERT!!!  :berra:   Who are you and what have you done with Boris???   :ermm: 

45 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But I wish managers would be smarter. You don’t have to state you are after better than what you have. That’s obvious to anyone.

I think it doesn’t exactly send a confidence message to the players you already have.  

Or maybe a wee wake up call to some that they better buck their ideas. He's sent out a clear message to Frear, Roberts, Boyce and Wighton. It's now up to them...

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Honestly...😁

RN needs replacements ... but if he doesn't get them , he's happy. Imagine speaking to your boss like that. "here's what I need".

"Too bad, now get moving."

Honestly, indeed.

13 hours ago, Boris said:

But equally, Martin etc 

Exactly. Been a success with everything he's done within football except us. He's not the common denominator.

He's never a manager at this level, but never really claimed to be.

The rage at his "braevheart speech" was cringeworthy. The people annoyed at it are the people who have never kicked a ball in their life. Not to mention it worked as we actually won for the first time in months...

21 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

2) A decent winger

I’m hoping we’re already speaking to Smith, Kingsley and Irving on top of this.

10 minutes ago, Boris said:

The shame.

:jjno::jj_facepalm:

:davebp:

Happens to the best of us...   :mw_rolleyes:   and goes to show that Americanisms such as this are insidious as feck.   :ermm:

He is going to struggle to improve the squad with a long term view whilst we are in the Championship. Couple of loans will be ideal at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He is going to struggle to improve the squad with a long term view whilst we are in the Championship. Couple of loans will be ideal at the moment. 

That is by far the more sensible approach.

I would like us to take the Ranger/Celtic approach and try and sign players in the league that caused us some problems. sign Duku from Raith and the young lad Turner from Dunfermline. 

7 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I would like us to take the Ranger/Celtic approach and try and sign players in the league that caused us some problems. sign Duku from Raith and the young lad Turner from Dunfermline. 

Absolutely strengthens us, weakens the opposition. Good choices 🤗

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I like that idea, its worth trying and see how it goes, we’ve tried the Yscout + YouTube videos approach. The results are in: Dozens of duff signings who mentally did not have what it takes to play for this club.

Lets try signing guys who’ve raised their game when they’ve took to the field against us, showed that bit of extra motivation and passion, desire to win. It was how Sir Alex Ferguson signed about half his players over the years.

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

What a stupid post......

Craig Gordon

Micheal Smith

Stephen Kingsley

Peter Haring

All free transfers.

4 out of 400 isn’t bad :lol: 

35 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Why would we want to sign Championship level players that probably won't be good enough to play for us when we are promoted? 🤔 

Leveins Battalion

Short term I hope we are looking at guys like Kyle Turner and Kai Kennedy,maybe even Duku till the end of the season.

Longer term we have be targeting guys like Brophy,Stewart,Campbell and Findlay or we are never going to progress.

58 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Why would we want to sign Championship level players that probably won't be good enough to play for us when we are promoted? 🤔 

Would make a change from us signing supposed premier league level players like Popescu Frear and Roberts who are fairly poor.