***Official Morton v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, been here before said:

1151293853_Screenshot_20201205-171228_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.cad961f8d78f1459de49fa4cadf0e916.jpg

Hearts once again doing a much better job of getting out of this shitty league as quickly as possible than Hibs, St Mirren, Rangers and D Utd.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Pasquale for King

• upgotheheads

• WDJ87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Played with a bit more aggression and attacking intent today. No complaints.

Berra is exactly what we need in this league, he dominates the box.

Hopefully the last few weeks have made them realise they can't sleep walk through games.

3 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I see Elliott Frear wasn't in the squad again is he injured or has Robbie just realised he's pants??

Yes him and Ginnelly both with muscle issues.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/why-liam-boyce-will-be-huge-miss-hearts-v-greenock-morton-3058850

Why Liam Boyce will be a huge miss for Hearts v Greenock Morton

Don't bother doing the Lottery Joel

I’d be happy if we didn’t see Boyce again until the cup final to be honest. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Yes him and Ginnelly both with muscle issues.

Signs 3 wide players. All 3 get injured. I had hoped this season would see the end of our injury woes. Strange we haven't seen Moore. Robbie doesn't seem to rate him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Illegally stream the away games.

Legally stream the home games. Add in the good guy clubs. 

Should be the format for us this season.

15 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Lots watched on an illegal stream including myself, i think a few posters mentioned half time messages from Morton players so a few paid..

Tut tut. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Tut tut. 

Is that for me and my pirate ways or the ones who paid? 🤣

Edited by WDJ87

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Yeah, and anyone who can throw the price of the away game PPV to FoH.

Good performance today, especially away from home. We are everyone's cup final this season and that's how it felt at the start of the game. But we were far too strong for them today and the score only tells half the story.

As comfortable a win as you're likely to see. Next.

Tenaciousdandy
26 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Lots watched on an illegal stream including myself, i think a few posters mentioned half time messages from Morton players so a few paid..

I watched on my iptv and seen the half time Xmas messages, had it on mute tho lol 

57 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Naisy had a great game AND walker scored 2. Might be able to play both of them after all. Job done, top of league - happy bunny 

That might the most important takeaway from this game

3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I watched on my iptv and seen the half time Xmas messages, had it on mute tho lol 

Ahh! Well well... could be no-one paid then... :glorious: 

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Chick Young making a big thing about the gap in resources between the two clubs. Really Chick? 

Doesn't normally bother the ****

59 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That is very much how football tends to roll unfortunately. It is interesting reading this thread today in terms of those who some are saying played well, the likes of Walker, Naismith and Irving. All three are players who I've thought in previous games didn't look 100% fit, but as a fan we tend not to be aware of what is happening behind the scenes with some players, and just judge things once the final whistle in a games blows. Does the situation mean some players are being played when they shouldn't be, who knows.

Today was a game which we won, and which puts us back in top position and things look much better. But judgements will be made again after the final whistle blows at the conclusion of next week's game against QoS at Tynecastle.

Quite right about the bit in bold. A manager will select his team & line up based on training, ability of a player to carry out instructions and tactics, fitness, strengths of the opposition etc.

Robbie and team got it right today. I was all for trying 2 up front, 4-4-2, playing kids like Moore. 

happy with a win and top of the league

husref musemic
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Comfortable but nothing special. Gordon made one save and that was in injury time. Halliday and Wighton posted missing 

they are making a habit of this. 

First twenty minutes was slow and ponderous and looked like we’d have a struggle breaking down their 451. Once we clicked tho it was easy street. Irving was decent, his ability to play balls forward is why he must play every week. Lee looked better in the 10. Naismith had his best game for some time, looked very up for it. Walker was good as well, both his goals are great. 

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Chick Young making a big thing about the gap in resources between the two clubs. Really Chick? 

I have literally never heard any commentator bring this up in a match where we are playing Celtic or Sevco. But it gets thrown at us after we’re demoted with the season unfinished?

After all the wailing and gnashing of the teeth last week ...and I wailed and gnashed my teeth as badly as anybody ... it's a pleasant surprise to see us at the top of the league.  :thumb:

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

quite how that roaster has managed to be paid spouting absolute nonsense for all these years is frightening.

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

?? where in my post does it say we were pants? Did you quote the wrong person?

Yep,sorry. My mistake. Please accept my apologies 

Edited by TypoonJambo

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Absolutely. Decent stream today but the camera work was awful, think the camera person was drunk. 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

quite how that roaster has managed to be paid spouting absolute nonsense for all these years is frightening.

It's a pre-requisite of the job, no? Very annoying and frustrating that it's our money that's used to pay the tosser though...

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I grudge paying a license fee that goes to paying roasters like chick dung. Walter smith was right when he made him look like the erse  he really is in the tunnel in Ibroke. Good win today and glad to be back at the top. Let’s keep it going and get some momentum going into the final 🇱🇻

Pasquale for King

Irving far better than Lee or Halliday today, can see a forward pass and make it. The ball for Walkers 2nd was brilliant and he then finished it well. He and Haring should be first choice. 

13 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

After all the wailing and gnashing of the teeth last week ...and I wailed and gnashed my teeth as badly as anybody ... it's a pleasant surprise to see us at the top of the league.  :thumb:

Took us all by surprise tbh 👍🏻👍🏻

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Take it no one paid to watch it.

What, and bring the one-man Spanish Streaming InquisitionTM upon myself? :D

Nah, I didn't - £16 is taking the piss to watch a janky, AI- powered camera (as clever as the tech is, it's not clever enough yet).  

Edited by Gizmo

A few on here posting Wighton missing today.  I thought he did a good job and kept the defenders occupied, which in turn allowed Naisy and Walker to play more advanced.  

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not a great performance but a win, Walkers confidence grew after scoring, great ball from Irving for his second and he still had a lot to do but did it well. 
Naismith was much better, the on field coaching of the team is priceless. If the manager wants to succeed he could worse than drilling into the team to fo exactly what Naismith is telling them to do. He was on Walkers case all day, he needs that. 
I wasn’t expecting the pitch to be so hard at this time of year, i thought it would be soft with the weather,does the wind dry it out 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

Was it him that was shouting "Walker!" all the time through the game?  If it was, that's amazing, and Naismith is a real vocal leader.  was also shouting on Gordon to do stuff too?  I actually liked the idea they were all addressed by surnames not nicknames, whoever it was.

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

A few on here posting Wighton missing today.  I thought he did a good job and kept the defenders occupied, which in turn allowed Naisy and Walker to play more advanced.  

Didnt see the game today but if its anything like normal there is plenty of people on here that are so short sighted and think a striker can't have a good game if he doesn't score...

A striker that runs behind and works the opposition defenders which in turn allows others to score is just as valuable

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Thanks for the stream to those that supplied.

Good things - Walker, Naismith.  Thought Wighton did well.  Defence was solid.  Top of the league

I honestly thought he was anonymous. Barely touched the ball although I do think the volley which the keeper did brilliantly at might have been him though the commentators said it was Naisy. I don't wanna have a go at him regardless. 

Edited by Jamhammer

10 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I thought he played well too. Not his fault he didn't get a lot of balls played to him as he made lots of good runs looking for a pass. At one point in the first half he made a great run through the middle and shouted and to Walker who was behind him and  pointed to where he wanted the ball played and Walker passed it back to a defender.

23 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Yep,sorry. My mistake. Please accept my apologies 

No problem 👍 had me confused 🤪

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Was it him that was shouting "Walker!" all the time through the game?  If it was, that's amazing, and Naismith is a real vocal leader.  was also shouting on Gordon to do stuff too?  I actually liked the idea they were all addressed by surnames not nicknames, whoever it was.

Yeah it was, no commentary on the stream I watched it on so could hear them perfectly. 

32 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The one good point out of Scotland not qualifying for World Cups or European Championships over the last 20 years has been that tosser not getting a free all expenses trip paid for by the BBC.

25 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Didnt see the game today but if its anything like normal there is plenty of people on here that are so short sighted and think a striker can't have a good game if he doesn't score...

A striker that runs behind and works the opposition defenders which in turn allows others to score is just as valuable

He had a first time volley from a long ball and if the keeper had not pulled off a fantastic save, people on here would be raving about it. defo wasn't missing imo. Think James Keatings volley at Tynecastle v (i think) QoS (a team in blue)?? only difference was it didn't go in.

Edited by WDJ87

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

I see Elliott Frear wasn't in the squad again is he injured or has Robbie just realised he's pants??

Hope he has took up another career😂 

The Treasurer
52 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I have literally never heard any commentator bring this up in a match where we are playing Celtic or Sevco. But it gets thrown at us after we’re demoted with the season unfinished?

But they always bring it up when the arse cheeks are getting humped in Europe