• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Pasquale for King

• upgotheheads

• WDJ87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decent performance away from home.  Professional and focussed and could have had 1 or 2 more.  Better but still work to do.  Well done Hearts.

Francis Albert

Respectable result and well done Jamie Walker. I think he has been one of the brighter spots of our season so far, relatively speaking.

A wins a win.

Better than of late but last 40mins performance should not be acceptable. Just wanted to see the game out and playing lat 15mins with no forward. We are better than that.

2 good goals from Walker.

Naismith better today.

Halliday and Irving did well.

3 points.

Clean sheet.

Nae bookings (if BBC can be believed, which is always debatable).

Minimal injuries.

Decent day's work :thumbsup: 

Thanks for the stream to those that supplied.

Good things - Walker, Naismith.  Thought Wighton did well.  Defence was solid.  Top of the league

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

4 of next 5 fixtures at home

Didn't realist that - a chance to improve our performances and build some momentum,  and hopefully build a lead too.

Well done Hearts and Jamie Walker.

a great 3 points and we played with desire today.

illegal stream as well so no money to Morton 👍🤣

Ill enjoy my curry tonight

1 minute ago, hmfc_steve said:

Awful to watch ... slow industrial hoofball ... where to begin ...spose we take the points .. that's it

You haven’t got a clue 😂

William H. Bonney
Just now, hmfc_steve said:

Awful to watch ... slow industrial hoofball ... where to begin ...spose we take the points .. that's it

I thought today was a vast improvement on recent performances. We took a while to get going but we passed the ball around nicely considering the pitch. 

Im happy with the team effort today. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A wins a win.

Better than of late but last 40mins performance should not be acceptable. Just wanted to see the game out and playing lat 15mins with no forward. We are better than that.

2 good goals from Walker.

Naismith better today.

Halliday and Irving did well.

I think we all wanted to just see the game out. Job done. Surely no-one is tuning into dodgy free internet streams to watch us play ultra-defensive teams on middens and expecting to be entertained? The next few home games will be the best gauge of the direction this team is going in.

Had Hearts to win by exactly two goals wee £30 profit :) better today against a team camped in their own box and on a shite surface (and people moan about our pitch?) Top o the league again lets make sure we stay there! Looking forward to being at home again, watched the doon hammers last night and they were pish. 3-0 minimum please

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Dull week on JKB ahead.

Need to moan about the Xmas calender or something.... 😔

I cannae find a decent one to send to my pal with a boat on the west coast. Feckin' shocking so it is.!

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

4 of next 5 fixtures at home

Is it entitled to expect us to be at least 5 points clear at the top after the next five fixtures? 

1 minute ago, hmfc_steve said:

😂😂😂

Aye its shite winning football matches. 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

You haven’t got a clue 😂

and you thought we were good to watch ? .... sounds like you are clued up right enough

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

What were you expecting? Did you ask for a refund 🤣

A better performance, controlled the vast majority of the game. 

Scored two good goals, made their goalie make a few good saves the first half and cruised the majority of the 2nd half once we were 2-0 up.

A good days work.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we all wanted to just see the game out. Job done. Surely no-one is tuning into dodgy free internet streams to watch us play ultra-defensive teams on middens and expecting to be entertained? The next few home games will be the best gauge of the direction this team is going in.

Home games in this league will tell us little imo.

Nelly Terraces
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Well done Hearts and Jamie Walker.

a great 3 points and we played with desire today.

illegal stream as well so no money to Morton 👍🤣

Ill enjoy my curry tonight

Indeed.:D

Giving them the boaby whilst also being able to watch it for naff all is extremely pleasing.👌

portobellojambo1
5 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Does this result make us the best hearts team ever again, until next week at least?

That is very much how football tends to roll unfortunately. It is interesting reading this thread today in terms of those who some are saying played well, the likes of Walker, Naismith and Irving. All three are players who I've thought in previous games didn't look 100% fit, but as a fan we tend not to be aware of what is happening behind the scenes with some players, and just judge things once the final whistle in a games blows. Does the situation mean some players are being played when they shouldn't be, who knows.

Today was a game which we won, and which puts us back in top position and things look much better. But judgements will be made again after the final whistle blows at the conclusion of next week's game against QoS at Tynecastle.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

3 points.

Clean sheet.

Nae bookings (if BBC can be believed, which is always debatable).

Minimal injuries.

Decent day's work :thumbsup: 

Don't think the ref even spoke to any players tbh there were a few challenges deserving of a yellow imo. Not worth moaning about though 😬

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

What were you expecting? Did you ask for a refund 🤣

not talking about the freeview .... I take it everyon'es happy with how we're playing ?

The Future's Maroon
8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

3 points

Better performance 

2 good goals from open play

Next!!

Add in no goals conceded and pretty much take that every game.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good professional performance. Much better

Was going to post the same. When we got the goal the performance was decent and professional to see out the game after we got the second. 

We still do so many of the simple things badly though and it’s going to cost us. Slack passing and mis control there is no excuse for it. Better teams will punish us. 
On to next week where I’m hoping we will be at it for the full 90. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Home games in this league will tell us little imo.

On our home patch, even against defensive teams, you'd expect us to turn all the possession we get in away games into a few more goals.

Pasquale for King

Not a great performance but a win, Walkers confidence grew after scoring, great ball from Irving for his second and he still had a lot to do but did it well. 
Naismith was much better, the on field coaching of the team is priceless. If the manager wants to succeed he could worse than drilling into the team to fo exactly what Naismith is telling them to do. He was on Walkers case all day, he needs that. 
I wasn’t expecting the pitch to be so hard at this time of year, i thought it would be soft with the weather,does the wind dry it out 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is it entitled to expect us to be at least 5 points clear at the top after the next five fixtures? 

Dunfermline away to ICT and Dundee during this time but we need to just focus on ourselves and keep improving our performances.   Felt like step in the right direction today.