***Official Morton v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, hmfc_steve said:

not talking about the freeview .... I take it everyon'es happy with how we're playing ?

Yes delighted to get 3 pts, 2 good goals, a clean sheet, no injuries and go top of the league.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Pasquale for King

• upgotheheads

• WDJ87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

4 of next 5 fixtures at home

That mean we wont be able to play spot the ball and the camera wont get confused and focus on the night sky for 20seconds

Positives

Better performance

Irving played well

Walker two goals

Berra got 90 mins

Clean sheet

No injuries

Negatives

we started to drift back and sit a bit deeper a bit too early in the game for me

2 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

not talking about the freeview .... I take it everyon'es happy with how we're playing ?

Look Mate, you are correct - some folk are happy with any old rubbish. We are happy with the win, but their Keeper was hardly overworked and we are so slow going forward.

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Naisy had a great game AND walker scored 2. Might be able to play both of them after all. Job done, top of league - happy bunny 

That might the most important takeaway from this game

been here before
18 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The shite 2 up

12 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

3 - 0 for the shite. 

Morton v Hearts thread and you're posting about Hibs.

:facepalm:

9 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

Awful to watch ... slow industrial hoofball ... where to begin ...spose we take the points .. that's it

Virtually no hood all today. If anything they passed it too much at times. 

9 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

Awful to watch ... slow industrial hoofball ... where to begin ...spose we take the points .. that's it

Cannot blame the Hearts team for the cameraman being on drugs 🤪

One of they "hoofs" directly led to the second goal

How about begin by being happy we are top of the league, kept a clean sheet WITH Berra on the park

2 minutes ago, olivialinnell said:

Any highlights of the game today? Was busy at my game at Forrestors HS in the pishing rain.

Hearts TV after midnight

Just now, jonesy said:

Never really had a hankering for raw chicken myself, but each to their own.

Couldn't munch on it,true. But watching that makes it difficult to look straight on. Maybe its a giblets thing.

6 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Look Mate, you are correct - some folk are happy with any old rubbish. We are happy with the win, but their Keeper was hardly overworked and we are so slow going forward.

Their keeper had 2/3 excellent saves.  

The first goal is crucial to us, we won fairly comfortably today, but still not playing to the best of our ability. Thought Wighton showed he's a massive downgrade on Boyce today, also can't understand why Neilson seems to favour Halliday over Irving. 

Edited by stotty

It's no secret we've not been at the races so to speak, especially away from home where we've looked really under par.

So with that in mind:

2 Good goals from open play

Clean sheet away from home

Could have scored a couple more if their keeper hadn't been so good

Dunfermline lose to put us top again at last

It might only be Morton, but I'll take that thank you.

Edited by boag1874

3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Cannot blame the Hearts team for the cameraman being on drugs 🤪

One of they "hoofs" directly led to the second goal

How about begin by being happy we are top of the league, kept a clean sheet WITH Berra on the park

This kind of post is confusing. Other posts say we played better,made chances, their keeper played well. Then this one says we were pants. All about opinions I suppose. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Solid result with no complaints from me. Good to see Jamie Walker get on the score sheet again as he has been struggling to contribute a lot to the team but two goals should get him going from now on. Well done the team.

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

This kind of post is confusing. Other posts say we played better,made chances, their keeper played well. Then this one says we were pants. All about opinions I suppose. 

?? where in my post does it say we were pants? Did you quote the wrong person?

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Their keeper had 2/3 excellent saves.  

I am not disagreeing with that. What I said was he was hardly overworked. How many shots did he actually save?

Not a big score.  Not a brilliant performance.  Still a foot on the neck type win.  They weren't given much of a sniff.  Lots and lots of wins will result from being as controlled and controlling.  Hopefully we'll see some bigger scores but I'm not arsed.  Give me 15 or 16 2-0 wins.

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Take it no one paid to watch it.

Nope, not a chance. I had a one camera stream, half the time the ball was up the park and the camera was on a seagull or a sparra or something.

More like it.......3 points, top of the league

Got to keep the standard high. We move on to the next big game next week

Just now, jr ewing said:

Lots seemed to have watched it.

Lots watched on an illegal stream including myself, i think a few posters mentioned half time messages from Morton players so a few paid..

A reasonable performance on a horror show surface, a few players actually turned up today, a clean sheet and back top of the league. All whilst watching on free stream. 

Thought we dominated today and it was a comfortable victory.  Top of the league, next three league games at home, a cup final to look forward to.  Things could be worse.  C’mon the Hearts!

Tarland Jambo
1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

Lots watched on an illegal stream including myself, i think a few posters mentioned half time messages from Morton players so a few paid..

What did they say?

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

A reasonable performance on a horror show surface, a few players actually turned up today, a clean sheet and back top of the league. All whilst watching on free stream. 

Noticed quite a few players losing their footing.

Just now, Tarland Jambo said:

What did they say?

The players? 🤷‍♂️ The posters? Said the half time xmas messages were more entertaining than the game iirc

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

I see Elliott Frear wasn't in the squad again is he injured or has Robbie just realised he's pants??

Both! In all seriousness.. injured

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

I see Elliott Frear wasn't in the squad again is he injured or has Robbie just realised he's pants??

Might be mistaken but didn't he come off injured against Dunfermline?