• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Deevers

• Thomaso

• Weakened Offender

Shooter McGavin

He needs to perform more consistently. He can’t pop up with a good couple of games here and there and then be anonymous for weeks. 

His last two games are encouraging, he must keep it going.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

43 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

He needs to perform more consistently. He can’t pop up with a good couple of games here and there and then be anonymous for weeks. 

His last two games are encouraging, he must keep it going.

Not disagreeing but not many have been consistent this season bar our goalie 

Walker is one of those players who just doesn't fit into a modern football team easily. He's not a number 10, he's not an out and out striker, he's not quite a left midfielder, he's not quite a left winger. Interesting that yesterday's goal actually from the right - perhaps he should play on that side more often.

6 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Walker is one of those players who just doesn't fit into a modern football team easily. He's not a number 10, he's not an out and out striker, he's not quite a left midfielder, he's not quite a left winger. Interesting that yesterday's goal actually from the right - perhaps he should play on that side more often.

The definition of a luxury player. 

Quality goal yesterday from a quality player, though unfortunately that’ll be Jamie peaked for another 6-7 games.

No consistency and mostly posted absent so needs punted.

10 minutes ago, BIG ECK said:

Quality goal yesterday from a quality player, though unfortunately that’ll be Jamie peaked for another 6-7 games.

No consistency and mostly posted absent so needs punted.

agreed

jack D and coke
58 minutes ago, stirlo said:

It’s one of my bugbears of modern day football this playing right sided players on the left and vice versa and all this encouraging coming inside all the time. 
It’s great to watch actual wing play but seems most managers don’t want it anymore. There must be some statistics that don’t like it I’d imagine. 
Id almost thrown the towel in with Jamie I’ve defended him so often in the past but recently didn’t feel I could do it anymore. 
He’s so frustrating because you know he can do things like that. 

The Treasurer

The last two games show why people get so angry with Walker when he plays badly or looks uninterested, he's clearly got the talent but we just don't see it often enough 

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Could this be boycie’s goal, wee robbo would have claimed it😀

Wild how much it looks like Boycie's from that angle! From the wheatfeild camera it's clear that it it's the post however.

From that angle it looks like Boyce touches it before it crosses the line. Can't be sure though even when slowing it down.

Edited by Cruyff

8 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

It's 100% Walker's goal, it's just a trick of the eye from that angle.

Deffo Boyce goal .i slowed that down and watched frame by frame .ball  deffo changes direction  when Boyce gets his foot to it before it crosses line

Cory McNamara

I hope Jamie Walker will score more important goals, he is a great player and the real backbone of our team. Fun to watch, stay away from troubles, Jamie.  

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Pretty settled into the idea of just using Walker off the bench when we're needing a bit of a spark in games. I had high hopes for him to take steps towards looking like the player that he used to be but he can still be a valuable member of the squad as an impact sub.

18 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Deffo Boyce goal .i slowed that down and watched frame by frame .ball  deffo changes direction  when Boyce gets his foot to it before it crosses line

Look at Hearts twitter feed, they've slowed it down to show it. Plus from another angle behind Walker,  it isn't even close 

Pretty clear Jamie Walker has the talent but he seems to lack the desire and drive to lift himself for some games especially the big ones eg Scottish Cup Final. 

Walker is in good form. Match winner on Saturday, MotM on Tuesday, one of our best players in his last start at Alloa. When he's confident and in this form he should be starting and not in and out the team imo. 

30 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Pretty settled into the idea of just using Walker off the bench when we're needing a bit of a spark in games. I had high hopes for him to take steps towards looking like the player that he used to be but he can still be a valuable member of the squad as an impact sub.

My thinking, too.

Make the most of what we can get out of Jamie while he's a Hearts player instead of focusing on what we can't.

He'll move on one day but, while he's here, we may as well get what we can out of him. If that's in a cameo role as an impact sub then so be it.

He turned a point into three on Saturday in that capacity.

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

Have you got something against Walker?

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

Wrong. Boyce does not make contact and the ball only changes direction when it hits the inside of the post - clearly shown on Hearts Twitter.

3 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Walker is in good form. Match winner on Saturday, MotM on Tuesday, one of our best players in his last start at Alloa. When he's confident and in this form he should be starting and not in and out the team imo. 

Maybe stay as an impact substitute if required. 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe stay as an impact substitute if required. 

Why would he be reserved as an impact sub if he's playing well from the start?

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Why would he be reserved as an impact sub if he's playing well from the start?

More space when the opposition tires. 

On 31/01/2021 at 13:11, stirlo said:

In your opinion. Not shared by RN.

He's certainly bringing more to the game than he has for a while, we all know he's a player if he can be arsed, strange how he was only sub when he had a great game on Tuesday night. Now to get Naismith playing like he wants to be here and we're sorted.

17 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He’s a bit of an enigma at times. Bags of talent and when he’s on his game terrific to watch. The other side of Jamie is the player who looks disinterested and never really gets into games. He’s not the first I have seen like this. Willie Hamilton could be equally brilliant or infuriating.

Edited by Deevers
Typo