Jamie Walker

DB-14

Guest ToqueJambo

Jamies played 9 games this season, 3 goals and 2 assists. 3 yellow cards show he's getting stuck in and I'd put money on him being up there as someone who has the most shots per game. He's always trying to score. Don't get the criticism at all.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Deevers

• Thomaso

• David McCaig

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Jamies played 9 games this season, 3 goals and 2 assists. 3 yellow cards show he's getting stuck in and I'd put money on him being up there as someone who has the most shots per game. He's always trying to score. Don't get the criticism at all.

You don’t like any criticism, we know this already.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

You don’t like any criticism, we know this already.

Criticism of players like Roberts and Frear sure, but Walker has been fine this season. He's inconsistent, we know this. But he's a very reliable source of goals and can make things happen from midfield.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Gambo said:

2 good goals but an otherwise quiet game.

Likes to shoot when others could be played in.

I like that in him. We have too many players who don't take a shot IMO.

I've been really critical of him along with Naismith and Boyce.

Perfect way to make the doubters eat their words. Needs to kick on now this season and prove he's the main man in our team. 

On 02/12/2020 at 23:16, Smoked-Glass said:

Colin Cameron left shortly after Levein arrived too.   Must have been too attack minded. 

And Hartley pitched up a few years later ....as a defensive midfielder????

On 30/11/2020 at 15:46, jambonian said:

The problem is, and has been for a number of years, we sign too many players that are too similar to each other. The amount of defensive midfielders we've gone through in five years or so is crazy! From Bauben, Gomis, Nowak, Cowie, Kitchen, Tzolis, and plenty in-between from 2017 to now, in 2020 when we had Whelan and still have Damour. We now sign Halliday and it wouldn't surprise me if yet another one comes along. We don't sign attacking midfielders, we rely on the likes of Haring to get forward. Most of the younger midfielders could technically be called defensive midfielders as well. Cochrane, Irving and the latest...McGill. Halkett would be more suited to that part of the field. Handy as a back-up defender but never will be an out and out centre-half. Links well with midfield and has an eye for goal. He needs two solid defenders behind him. We've struggled with left-back for years. Since McHattie left we've had Oshaniwa and so many, none of whom make the grade in the end. Hopefully Kingsley will sort that problem out. Upfront we've been pretty crap. The only one that made an impact was Lafferty. We tend to sign strikers who don't score goals while other clubs seem to find players a lot easier. Boyce seemed a good signing but it was a signing for a Stendel style team. He's now falling the way of many other forwards that have had the misfortune to work with Levein and Neilson. Naismith looks bored as does Boyce. I wonder if he regrets coming to Hearts now after turning down Aberdeen? Wighton can't seen to get a striker position so it's no wonder we can't score goals. 

You missed out Pallardo. Gomis was a bit different to all these guys in that he could set the tempo and pick a killer pass (although Tzolis could have if he had been arsed). We also manged to covert a fairly attacking player like Djoum into a defensive midfielder although TBF he plays that position at international level.

Pasquale for King

He scored two fantastic goals today. Naismith was screaming at him all game, he needs that. Hopefully the confidence will see his game improve moving forward. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

:sadrobbo:

I'll only start to think about forgiving him if he scores 3 in the cup final. 

He needs to do a lot to be redeemed. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

And Hartley pitched up a few years later ....as a defensive midfielder????

The manager at the time played him on the left wing, then dropped him. Whatever happened to that master tactician 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Clearly. 😄

51 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I like that in him. We have too many players who don't take a shot IMO.

Wrong times to shoot with him. Individual  not a team player imo. 2 good goals today but could have set others at times.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

indeed. I’ve been very harsh on him so it’s only fair to give him credit. Such a frustrating player. Hopefully he can keep this going and if he can we will win a good few more. Well done JW

I don't think anyone enjoys watching him struggle, I certainly don't. Hopefully his 2 goals gives him confidence to kick on.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

I've been really critical of him along with Naismith and Boyce.

Perfect way to make the doubters eat their words. Needs to kick on now this season and prove he's the main man in our team. 

First goal in nine games according to the BBC.

Well done though, hopefully a sign of things to come. 

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Good player in a very shite team imo.

😂

He’s been shite since he came back ffs. That isn’t the fault of the players around him.

Walker has a long long way to go to change my view on him.....he needs to produce the goods over a sustained period and not only when he’s had a boot up the arse, 

A_A wehatethehibs

The perfect response to the critics myself included. But the fact is at this level, he should be delivering that every game, as should Boyce and Naismith they all should be averaging a goal a game at this level. These guys are better players than they’ve showed so far. Let’s hope the goals continue. We need the best Jamie Walker there is. 

Diadora Van Basten

Glad he did the business today but if you have a look at that league you will see Alloa are rock bottom and we lost to them.

I think we aren’t out the woods yet and it’s only a matter of time before Walker let’s us down again. 

We really need a starting 11 we can depend on and not one that blows hot and cold.

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

😂

He’s been shite since he came back ffs. That isn’t the fault of the players around him.

Walker has a long long way to go to change my view on him.....he needs to produce the goods over a sustained period and not only when he’s had a boot up the arse, 

The lad is a goal scorer always has been. We are desperate for one and if he can keep injury free will be first name on team sheet until we can buy anyone better. Also liable to be top goal scorer with a decent run in the side 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

What about 2 goals and an assist in the cup final? 

Neil Dongcaster
5 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I’ll settle for just the one winning goal please.

On 01/12/2020 at 14:52, Alec Eiffel said:

Was not one of the reasons he went to Wigan, his disinterest in playing for Hearts.  Players returning to former clubs (Robbo excepted) rarely excel the 2nd time around.  CL brought a pig in a poke there.  His lack of pace following injury was soon found out when he went south.

😂😂

9 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

It'll do. 

Anyway before posters start ribbing other posters for slating JW, two goals against Morton doesn't make him 'class'. Guy should be tearing it up every single game but very rarely delivers. 

36 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

😂

Broken ankle might have had something to do with that. 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

It'll do. 

Anyway before posters start ribbing other posters for slating JW, two goals against Morton doesn't make him 'class'. Guy should be tearing it up every single game but very rarely delivers. 

Yeah after the Alloa game I was saying we really need more from JW. Hopefully today is the start of a productive spell from him including playing a role in bringing the Scottish Cup home. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It'll do. 

He delivered today so why not just enjoy that? His second goal was sublime. 

Cant fathom the negativity towards a player who basically conjures up goals from f all!! Absolutely invaluable asset. 

A LOT of pish being written on this thread!

Well done Mr. Walker!!

Keep it up son, I can't help but feel his best position is in behind the striker(s)?  Maybe we really should give the 3-5-2 a chance as walker is one of the best finishers at the club imo and would do well in number 10 role in behind Naismith and Boyce/Wighton.

Refused to pay to watch today. 

can someone talk me through formation today please. Specifically where Walker, Naismith and Lee played? 

thanks. 

On 02/12/2020 at 23:16, Smoked-Glass said:

Colin Cameron left shortly after Levein arrived too.   Must have been too attack minded. 

Cameron last player to break the 50 goal mark for Hearts,  (looking at London Hearts website)  i think..

Jamie is only a couple shy of the 50 mark.

Way we recruit,will be another 20/30 years before anybody else hits that mark again.

LarrysRightFoot
10 minutes ago, Tott said:

Cameron last player to break the 50 goal mark for Hearts,  (looking at London Hearts website)  i think..

Way we recruit,will be another 20/30 years before anybody else hits that mark again.

Perfectly illustrates where our problems have been for a number of years. It’s not just been poor recruitment in forward areas it’s also deeply rooted in our general style of play for far too long (bar the odd season/manager).

Well done. Important 3 points and 2 important goals. Hope that does him some good.

Can he follow it up with a decent performance next weekend or does he disappear again for a few months?

55 minutes ago, Tott said:

Who was our last striker to break the 50 goals mark? That's where our problem lies. I'm a big fan of Jamie and he chips in regularly with goals, but apart from him, our most prolific scorers since Cameron have been Rudi and Hartley, all midfielders.

Admittedly we haven't really had a striker who has played for any length of time with us in the last 20+ years.  Lafferty scored 19 goals in his one season with us.  We had Zeefuik for half a season who scored 12 goals, so mathematically is the last striker who averaged more than 20 goals a season for us.

Just now, RobNox said:

Who was our last striker to break the 50 goals mark? That's where our problem lies. I'm a big fan of Jamie and he chips in regularly with goals, but apart from him, our most prolific scorers since Cameron have been Rudi and Hartley, all midfielders.

Admittedly we haven't really had a striker who has played for any length of time with us in the last 20+ years.  Lafferty scored 19 goals in his one season with us.  We had Zeefuik for half a season who scored 12 goals, so mathematically is the last striker who averaged more than 20 goals a season for us.

Just watched highlights and goals on HTV and Walker's second was a beauty.

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

I don't think anyone enjoys watching him struggle, I certainly don't. Hopefully his 2 goals gives him confidence to kick on.

Yeah I’m in the defend Jamie camp but **** sake he frustrates me. We all know he has (or had) good ability and a bit cockyness that all players need. I’ll admit I’d all but given up on him lately so I hope that is a wee chink of light, the second goal today was lovely. The touch and control to go past the defender from Irving’s ball wasn’t easy to take but he made it look that way and I was telling him to shoot before he did. It opened up for him just nice. 
I hope he can go on a run of form and we get a big cup final performance out him. 

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
51 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Well done. Important 3 points and 2 important goals. Hope that does him some good.

Can he follow it up with a decent performance next weekend or does he disappear again for a few months?

I was just speaking about that with a mate. Does he really want it? I don’t know whether the injuries have taken their toll or he doesn’t push himself enough. 
Hopefully this is a huge boost. I’d like to think Boyce might get a similar boost next week cos Jamie couldn’t have been far away from the chop either. 

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm all about supporting the players but Jamie's been an empty jersey for the most part this season. Like Jack D I'd pretty much given up on him.

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Good player in a very shite team imo.

Wait he is a player you think is good......

He did nothing for a year of his last contract and is chicken hearted and so far this season he has been bang average.

Great he scored two today but if this is the standard of a good player we are ****ed.

WheatfieldWarrior

I think Jamie is one of those players who need solid fitness and a big runof games to produce his best form.

Here's hoping he can stay injury free as he's had a dreadful last 3 years.

5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

😂

He was badly injured taking one for the team. And it's taking him a bit to get back on track. 2 goals should be good enough for anyone to doff the cap. 

As for the 'He likes a shot' cobblers. It would be 'He's a shitebag' cobblers if he did pass instead of shoot. 

27 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It will take more than 2 goals against Morton for me to forget how below average he’s been since coming back to us

You could probably say that about any player we've had in the last couple of years  bar hickey smith m gordon