Jump to content

January transfer window ( Now closed )


kingantti1874

Recommended Posts

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, sinks said:

What about Nicky Clark at Dundee Utd? Available on pre contract I think

just read Dundee are trying to sign him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    376

  • GinRummy

    363

  • Sir Gio

    260

  • Cruyff

    258

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

It happens quite a lot. Doesn't bother me. What is your point? 

 

My point is that you refer to two Hearts players by names that are incorrect.

 

I assumed you were referring to Irving to which you wrore Irvine and Mackay-Steven who you referred to as Mackay Smith.

 

That was my point. You chose to come back with what I took as a smart remark regarding getting the point of your post as if it is not important to get players names correct.

 

As it turns out I did not disagree too much with who you are suggesting we keep etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I was reading Robbie's blueprint on how he thinks Hearts should play. Can only be a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2. I actually liked George Burley's style but I think Naismith stops us from playing it.

 

Gordon

 

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Kingsley

 

Ginnelly

Irving

Haring

Halliday

 

Big striker

Boyce

 

Halliday is probably the ideal player for the Camazzola role. You would need another centre back and to sort the midfield out though, depending on how Haring fares.

 

When he says he likes the idea of a big striker and a smaller one, I'm assuming he means Naismith or Boyce in the No.10 if it's a 4-2-3-1.


Haring and Halliday should never, ever, play in the same midfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

just read Dundee are trying to sign him.

Perfect...upset both Dundee teams at same time

Link to post
Share on other sites
gorgieheart
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Haring and Halliday should never, ever, play in the same midfield.

Halliday just shouldn't play 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Halliday just shouldn't play 


All players fit, I’m not sure he’d even make the bench for me if I’m honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Halliday just shouldn't play 

Then neither should any other midfielder.

 

Gets a raw deal on here for some reason.

Not saying he has been great but certainly not as bad as made out on here.

 

Like others, plays the game the managers asks him to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
28 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

just read Dundee are trying to sign him.

Scumdee seem to be splashing the cash. Its almost as if they've been given some extra cash from somewhere 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Then neither should any other midfielder.

 

Gets a raw deal on here for some reason.

Not saying he has been great but certainly not as bad as made out on here.

 

Like others, plays the game the managers asks him to.

Hide and seek?:whistling:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ainsley Harriott
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


All players fit, I’m not sure he’d even make the bench for me if I’m honest.

Halliday is woeful. People on rate him because he played for one of the so called "big 2".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Sanchez

I was more looking at who would fit a Camazzola role, a defensive winger type.

 

Halliday or White would fit that position best IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I was more looking at who would fit a Camazzola role, a defensive winger type.

 

Halliday or White would fit that position best IMO.

A defensive winger...that you Craig?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

A defensive winger...that you Craig?? 

 

Craig and his mate John are currently looking for a big defensive striker, not a winger :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
SM Sheffield
20 hours ago, pointon said:

Jordan Rhodes on loan then negotiate a contract based on performance and our position big outlay but a gamble worth taking 


He is on £40k a week 🤦‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
3 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:


He is on £40k a week 🤦‍♂️

Where’s your ambition? 🥴

Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

 

Craig and his mate John are currently looking for a big defensive striker, not a winger :laugh:

😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Scumdee seem to be splashing the cash. Its almost as if they've been given some extra cash from somewhere 

They just got money to cover the covid testing so they can get a couple of players with that money

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
52 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Haring and Halliday should never, ever, play in the same midfield.

This

Link to post
Share on other sites
Batistuta87
28 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Zap Knight in talks. 

You mean Kai Knight?? Zat Knight is in his 40s 😂

Edited by Batistuta87
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
10 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:


He is on £40k a week 🤦‍♂️

 

Sheff Wed will be desperate get him out on loan and I guarantee wherever he goes the receiving club will only pay a tiny fraction of his wages.

 

I'm not saying we should go for him but the wages required will nothing like his salary. Sheff Wed will only get what someone is willing to pay and for a guy who has been a sub for seasons in The Championship demand won't be massive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

You mean Kai Knight?? Zat Knight is in his 40s 😂

I was thinking the same lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

You mean Kai Knight?? Zat Knight is in his 40s 😂

 

Zap Knight is an old JKB in-joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
37 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Halliday is woeful. People on rate him because he played for one of the so called "big 2".

Never rated him before he arrived and certainly don't now. 

 

Tbh he doesn't look that interested in playing for us and his performance at Dens was pathetic. 

 

He wasn't the only one tbf but if you look at his performance in the cup final his only intent was too whack Brown and either get sent off or booked to appease the blue nose brigade. 

 

His body language on the field is like night and day when comparing it to his Rangers days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
38 minutes ago, j1964m said:

They just got money to cover the covid testing so they can get a couple of players with that money

I was thinking more of a cheque signed off in the east end of the Weeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I was more looking at who would fit a Camazzola role, a defensive winger type.

 

Halliday or White would fit that position best IMO.

Cammazola who played about 8 games before he was quickly discarded and never heard of again, ...that Cammazola, only ever remembered because he happened to be a Brazilian..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Batistuta87
37 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

 

Zap Knight is an old JKB in-joke.

Haven't been around long enough for that one then 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
SM Sheffield
47 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

 

Sheff Wed will be desperate get him out on loan and I guarantee wherever he goes the receiving club will only pay a tiny fraction of his wages.

 

I'm not saying we should go for him but the wages required will nothing like his salary. Sheff Wed will only get what someone is willing to pay and for a guy who has been a sub for seasons in The Championship demand won't be massive.


Two English Championship teams are interested and I can assure you it won’t happen like that. The owner will want his wages paying in full, or a large portion of them paying.
 

He is a man that likes to keep face, it’s a Thai cultural thing, and if he doesn’t get the wages paid or what he wants he will happily let him see out his contract and sit in the stands. He has done it with several other players. Trust me. 

Edited by SM Sheffield
Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Sanchez
13 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Cammazola who played about 8 games before he was quickly discarded and never heard of again, ...that Cammazola, only ever remembered because he happened to be a Brazilian..

 

That's the fella!

 

I was describing the type of position he played in a 4-4-2 but if you want to bash the guy carry on :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Finlay James
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Amazingly fit these days, totally different. Still scoring too. 

BB5BD6E4-A824-4CFD-B3D1-35752868DE7E.jpeg

B56EF8C5-639C-4D0F-AB24-EEE577A2FA61.jpeg

 

Not been missing leg day in the gym, that's for sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Rhodes is not the type to jump in and win headers and hold ball up! It wont be him!

 

Exactly.    Rhodes is not a big target man.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

My point is that you refer to two Hearts players by names that are incorrect.

 

I assumed you were referring to Irving to which you wrore Irvine and Mackay-Steven who you referred to as Mackay Smith.

 

That was my point. You chose to come back with what I took as a smart remark regarding getting the point of your post as if it is not important to get players names correct.

 

As it turns out I did not disagree too much with who you are suggesting we keep etc.

Could you not have just said that in the first place instead of your pompous reply? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
50 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Cammazola who played about 8 games before he was quickly discarded and never heard of again, ...that Cammazola, only ever remembered because he happened to be a Brazilian..


he was a decent player, didn’t do much wrong. There were plenty of good players at hearts in and around that time behind didn’t get an opportunity 

 

edit: that said his career post hearts isn’t much to write home about. 😂

Edited by kingantti1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Haven't been around long enough for that one then 😂


Yeah, sorry about that bud! 👍😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Could you not have just said that in the first place instead of your pompous reply? 

 

Not sure pointing out your mistakes is pompous but I thought your initial reply to me was.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson
17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

Not sure pointing out your mistakes is pompous but I thought your initial reply to me was.

 

Is your dad bigger than mine as well? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Is your dad bigger than mine as well? 

 

Is it not past your bedtime?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

                       Boyce 

GMS              Naismith         Ginnelly

            
               Haring  irving 

 

kinglsey  Souttar   (New CB) Smith

 

                         Gordon 

This team finishes top 3 next season

Link to post
Share on other sites
LogicalEric
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Cammazola who played about 8 games before he was quickly discarded and never heard of again, ...that Cammazola, only ever remembered because he happened to be a Brazilian..


This. His performance in that 2-0 defeat at ER was embarrassing. Positionally terrible and shat it anytime it got physical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maroon said:

                       Boyce 

GMS              Naismith         Ginnelly

            
               Haring  irving 

 

kinglsey  Souttar   (New CB) Smith

 

                         Gordon 

This team finishes top 3 next season

I still worry about the middle of the park.   Would love to see Haring reestablish himself,   Irvine needs to develop,  become more consistent and make better choices.....as well as learn to break down attacks/win second balls.  That may come with experience but I personally would like to see a quality playmaker for next season.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Batistuta87
44 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I still worry about the middle of the park.   Would love to see Haring reestablish himself,   Irvine needs to develop,  become more consistent and make better choices.....as well as learn to break down attacks/win second balls.  That may come with experience but I personally would like to see a quality playmaker for next season.   

I'm in this camp as well. I love big Haring but he's been a wee bit off the pace since coming back (which is understandable but if that's a permanent thing then we're going to need to move on) and Irving very obviously has a bit of talent but just isn't quite there for me. I think Halliday will be a completely different player with fans behind him and will be one of these guys who really gets going with an atmosphere. If I'm right (time will tell!) then he could be a key player next season. Probably mentioned 3 or 4 times that I'd like Alan Campbell, Aaron Tshibola or Liam Polworth in that order of preference. If Halliday is there getting stuck in and one of those guys is in there carrying the ball forward and picking out a pass, I think that would be an excellent combination. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

 

Sheff Wed will be desperate get him out on loan and I guarantee wherever he goes the receiving club will only pay a tiny fraction of his wages.

 

I'm not saying we should go for him but the wages required will nothing like his salary. Sheff Wed will only get what someone is willing to pay and for a guy who has been a sub for seasons in The Championship demand won't be massive.

And Paterson could put a good word in for us

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, maroon said:

                       Boyce 

GMS              Naismith         Ginnelly

            
               Haring  irving 

 

kinglsey  Souttar   (New CB) Smith

 

                         Gordon 

This team finishes top 3 next season

Hahaha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
3 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:


Two English Championship teams are interested and I can assure you it won’t happen like that. The owner will want his wages paying in full, or a large portion of them paying.
 

He is a man that likes to keep face, it’s a Thai cultural thing, and if he doesn’t get the wages paid or what he wants he will happily let him see out his contract and sit in the stands. He has done it with several other players. Trust me. 

 

I'll bow to your knowledge of the owner as I don't know him at all. If he takes that stance then Rhodes will remain on the bench there until the summer as no-one will come slightly close to paying his full salary. His value to any club is so much lower than when he signed the contract.

 

It's all very unlikely to be relevant to Hearts though especially as he doesn't fit the description of the type of striker we're after.

Link to post
Share on other sites
gregzy2k7

Would anyone take Josh magennis? Still only 30, Out of contact in the summer at hull, Knows the scottish league, Is the type of striker that is different to what we have and would know boyce and smith from N.I international squad? Wonder if he could be a possibility?

Chuks Aneke could be another possibility as Neilson would know him from his time at MK Dons.

Would still rather have Moult than either of them, Providing he can get back to full fitness again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would anyone take Josh magennis? Still only 30, Out of contact in the summer at hull, Knows the scottish league, Is the type of striker that is different to what we have and would know boyce and smith from N.I international squad? Wonder if he could be a possibility?

Chuks Aneke could be another possibility as Neilson would know him from his time at MK Dons.

Would still rather have Moult than either of them, Providing he can get back to full fitness again.

 

After Magennis made accusations of racism against Hearts fans, which later turned out to be someone calling him an Irish pr**k, I think it would be tough to win over the fans. Pretty average player anyway so not worth it IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...