So who IS in charge just now?

maroonedinoz

maroonedinoz

Of player recruitment that is.

I've raised it in th epassing on other threads but am still none the wiser.

So at the moment who DOES decide what players will be brought in on trial..and who then makes the decision as to whether they will be signed or not?

And with any alleged signing targets..who decides who they are?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Vladimir Romanov, as always.

He's just deciding on which smokescreen to hide it behind. :rolleyes:

Do we actually have any at the moment? The two Aussie lads were a shoe-in to come over, so must just be Jones to date?

I'd assume Romanov's network of scouts (if he has one) deal with finding new folk, or agents approach the club with players.

Feck knows really!!

Carl Spackler

Did the Man U lad sign and was he actually having a medical? If so the machine is still operating.

Anyway regardless of who is recommending players or doing the actual contract negotiation it comes down to Romanov when the decisions are being made. That will not change when a new manager comes in. That was not part of the Jan 1st statement.

Anatoli Korobochka. I think it has always been within the DOF role to identify signing targets.

Did the Man U lad sign and was he actually having a medical? If so the machine is still operating.

Anyway regardless of who is recommending players or doing the actual contract negotiation it comes down to Romanov when the decisions are being made. That will not change when a new manager comes in. That was not part of the Jan 1st statement.

Nope, Hartlepool were a better option.

maroonedinoz

I guess that's my point...Romanov may sign the deals off , but he is not on the training pitch and someone must be giving him advice to act on................who is it?

This issue is becoming more urgent IMO.

It is all fair and well saying in May, "we shouldn't sign anybody, we should let the new man decide". Given our pressing situation (pre season started, players leaving, no strikers left) we should either stop letting players go or someone has to look towards bringing some guys in.

If we do not see a new manager or some sort of player activity, I expect more Kaunas/Ripo players, and given last years evidence, we will not even get the best Kaunas players due to their European games.

Tommy Walker
I guess that's my point...Romanov may sign the deals off , but he is not on the training pitch and someone must be giving him advice to act on................who is it?

my fellow ozjambo,

IMHO the point is not who is giving him advice...

it is if/when he will accept that his appointment of 'advisers' / minions / lackeys (whatever you want to call them) has neither made a significant return on his 'investment'...

nor produced a team/squad that has been successful since GB was 'let go'

IMHO if he doesn't change his ways then down is the direction

Best

TW

winston churchill

i thought the wee mad man had files with thousands of players from all over the world.

i wonder if he has a special one for-28,29,miko,zal ect:rolleyes:

No offence to the OP but isnt that obvious ? the same guy that has been for the last 3 years :mad:

Charlie-Brown

We are currently in limbo hence very little transfer activity barring getting some high earners off the wage bill.

maroonedinoz
No offence to the OP but isnt that obvious ? the same guy that has been for the last 3 years :mad:

NO offence taken..but Vlad isn't watching any trialists kick a ball on the training park. .

also presumably when an agent contcts hearts to see if they can send soemone on trial, there must be someone who says yea or nay...or at least gives advice to vlad.

who is it?

At this stage in the season it is more pertinent to ask who is in charge of training.

We're now at the stage the players should be getting more football work. They should be getting accustomed to the style of football intended for the season, getting set up in the preferred formation etc Assessments being made about who the best 11 are.

Until we have the basic football foundations in place its a waste of time worrying about signings

Archived