Scam

GinRummy

FinnBarr Saunders
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, read somewhere that's it's something like 10 numbers dialed at the same time.

I know these guys are trying to make a living but...........

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Real Maroonblood

• Marvin

• Harry Potter

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, read somewhere that's it's something like 10 numbers dialed at the same time.

I’ve started getting scam calls that are the same as my mobile number apart from the last 3 digits so their systems are getting more advanced. 

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Most likely "James" from Delhi phoning about that accident you had within the last 2 years.

I think the way the system works is they press a button which rings x amount of numbers, first to answer gets "James".

First to answer wins the prize,😦had one last week, kept saying BT im not on BT, my voice getting louder, he says dont talk so loud, i said well dont phone me😕, honestly 

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

First to answer wins the prize,😦had one last week, kept saying BT im not on BT, my voice getting louder, he says dont talk so loud, i said well dont phone me😕, honestly 

Blast a whistle down the phone and that’ll give the person something to complain about.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Blast a whistle down the phone and that’ll give the person something to complain about.

Ive got a refs whistle, ha ha.

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Ive got a refs whistle, ha ha.

:lol:

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

The latest ones I've got don't mention any company names, it's simply 'your internet provider' or 'your phone line provider'.

I think they have learnt that most people are not with BT anymore.

I now have 3 warrants out for my arrest for tax evasion this week, Don't know how I sleep at night.

6 minutes ago, moshy said:

I now have 3 warrants out for my arrest for tax evasion this week, Don't know how I sleep at night.

Mr Agent James Smith is on his way to your home now. 

I’ve started giving them dogs abuse down the phone. Worst case scenario, I get to verbally abuse a tax inspector , so it’s win/win really

17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just shows anybody can fall victim to these scum.

A retired Police officer from Carlisle fell victim to the Royal Mail parcel scam and lost £3k.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-56660334

They’ve probably done quite well out of shops being closed and more folk ordering online, particularly the older generation. 

Two today!

First....a fake Hermes Delivery text to say I missed a delivery and to rearrange on the link below.

One hour later Amazon automated call phoned me to say I've just spent over £1100 on a new iPhone.

(Are they in cahoots? Was the delivery my new iPhone......hmmm)

I’ve had about a dozen text messages from Tesco tonight with my Tesco authentication code in them. Checked my Tesco account and no suspicious behaviour on it. Seems to be a scam. Change the password anyway just in case. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve had about a dozen text messages from Tesco tonight with my Tesco authentication code in them. Checked my Tesco account and no suspicious behaviour on it. Seems to be a scam. Change the password anyway just in case. 

maybe someone has mistyped their mobile number for the authentication and got yours

All roads lead to Gorgie

Warning! Just had a call from so called Bank of Scotland/ TSB fraud department. The **** said someone down south had purchased an item from PC World. Just laughed and cut the **** off. 

Pond Life!!!!

On 06/04/2021 at 18:50, gjcc said:

Mr Agent James Smith is on his way to your home now. 

I will let him know I have actually paid a 50% advance on next years tax bill when I submitted my self assesment in January.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Warning! Just had a call from so called Bank of Scotland/ TSB fraud department. The **** said someone down south had purchased an item from PC World. Just laughed and cut the **** off. 

Pond Life!!!!

Not trying to spoil your day here but:

I had a similar text message about a month ago from the TSB fraud team......someone had attempted to purchase a Samsung electrical item from someplace down south using my card details.  If I had not made the purchase I was to text back no....which I did.  

Immediately I received a call which was automated which I completely ignored........I’m not falling for that shit right.

I then decided to call the TSB number on the back of my card and, after the usual security checks I explained what had happened with the text and automated call back so, I was put through to the TSB fraud team and sure enough, it was all genuine, they had refused the purchase as it was an out of character purchase in a place hundreds of miles from where I stay......they immediately cancelled my card and posted me a new card with new pin a few days later.

I do believe that as scams are becoming more elaborate, banks are obliged to do more to protect their customers.

I am (or thought I was) very diligent with card security but, I have no idea how someone had my 16 digit card code with the other details on it but........they did.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I had a similar text message about a month ago from the TSB fraud team......someone had attempted to purchase a Samsung electrical item from someplace down south using my card details.  If I had not made the purchase I was to text back no....which I did.  

Immediately I received a call which was automated which I completely ignored........I’m not falling for that shit right.

I then decided to call the TSB number on the back of my card and, after the usual security checks I explained what had happened with the text and automated call back so, I was put through to the TSB fraud team and sure enough, it was all genuine, they had refused the purchase as it was an out of character purchase in a place hundreds of miles from where I stay......they immediately cancelled my card and posted me a new card with new pin a few days later.

I do believe that as scams are becoming more elaborate, banks are obliged to do more to protect their customers.

I am (or thought I was) very diligent with card security but, I have no idea how someone had my 16 digit card code with the other details on it but........they did.

That shows you that some calls are genuine and it is just as well you called your bank. In my case I don't even bank with the company he said he was from. When I asked questions he got all sheepish. Scottish accent so watch out.

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

My wife got a call like that one Sunday morning. She’d got up early and went to B&Q to buy some decorating stuff and just after she got home she got a phone call from the bank asking her what her last transaction had been. When she said B&Q the guy on the phone then confirmed by naming the branch and address. Turned out a few minutes after she’d used it the same card was used to pay for a hotel bill in Shanghai and the banks software had flagged it as suspicious. 

Got a call this morning, guy with an Indian sub continent accent, saying they had been passed my details by a government agency, and would I like to consolidate my debt, to zero interest, and possibly write off 65%.  Its a new number, and linked to a new email (six months), so goodness knows how they get contact details.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

My wife got a call like that one Sunday morning. She’d got up early and went to B&Q to buy some decorating stuff and just after she got home she got a phone call from the bank asking her what her last transaction had been. When she said B&Q the guy on the phone then confirmed by naming the branch and address. Turned out a few minutes after she’d used it the same card was used to pay for a hotel bill in Shanghai and the banks software had flagged it as suspicious. 

The good news is thankfully the banks seem to be doing more to protect us.

It would be good if there was a feature on online banking that would automatically decline any foreign transactions.

Could just switch it on and off when you go on holiday.

Would be a good start. 

Sawdust Caesar
4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I've had the same, got to work one morning to be told the Clydesdale Bank fraud team had called and wanted me to call them back. The number wasn't what was on the back of my card so I thought it was a scam but I decided to call my bank. Found it was genuine, someone had been trying to use my card in India. The bank guy asked if I had been there that morning, obviously I said no. THey said they had blocked the transaction so nowt came out my account and the card was now cancelled. The bank said my card must have been cloned when I had used an ATM. Now I make sure my wallet covers my hand when using them.