****Slovakia vs Scotland**** Match Thread

Riddley Walker

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I bet he can 😂

Its a bit like saying "surely one day Perrieria will catch something" statistically its possible. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• TyphoonJambo

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Tazio said:

Now there was a dangerous boozer if ever there was. Went in once after a christening wearing a suit and tie and was called a poof within 5 minutes of arriving. It was a quick pint. 

Had my Grandad Dickson's wakecin there, way back in 1980. I was in Naval Uniform. Felt like I was an exhibit at the Zoo.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

It’s nice that Tierney still gets his mum to cut his hair. 

Hope she gets that catteract operation soon. 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Little things with '2nd' string.

Not quite same level of danger awareness as holding mids normally play further forward.

Tierney more cautious than Robertson.

No footballing centre half to step forward.

Confidence and ability of centre forward.

I'm not impressed with Tierney at all. He needs to do better in the forward areas.

Also McBurnie : he gets into good positions between the lines but the ball is always on his weak side so he just lays it off to Tierney - have a go man !!! 

If Clarke takes McBurnie over Steven Naismith to the Euros he has lost the plot. Steven Naismith is ten times the player. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, neilnunb said:

Unlucky from Armstrong 

Playing really well again

Not sure unlucky is correct. Had to hit target as he was about 6 yards out. 

Just now, BigAlim said:

Since moving to arsenal Tierney has turned into a better centre half than he is a left back

Not surprisingly, Provan thinks Tierney is having a great game. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Not surprisingly, Provan thinks Tierney is having a great game. 

Wouldn’t go that far but think he has been one of better players so far along with Christie. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Riddley Walker

Been the better team overall, should be at least level. Tierney has been dangerous. Considines lack of quality on the ball is apparent, hopefully Mctominay can come on. The Thumb on for Mcburnie please.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Its a bit like saying "surely one day Perrieria will catch something" statistically its possible. 

I think that’s impossible 

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'll see the Tap and raise you the Willie Muir 

The Granton tap was more combustible than an American flag. Must have burnt fown 3 times. Once the manager got a taxi to the Claverhouse, got out carrying a petrol can, asked the driver to wait, returned 5 minutes later, patting his clothing down and jumped back in the cab. Unfortunately all on the RN cameras😁😁😁

Someone made the point the other day that it’s very odd that no EPL teams have come in for Christie. How many times has he saved Celtic this season? He’s one of those players that is capable of doing the unexpected and thinking out the box. 

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

The Granton tap was more combustible than an American flag. Must have burnt fown 3 times. Once the manager got a taxi to the Claverhouse, got out carrying a petrol can, asked the driver to wait, returned 5 minutes later, patting his clothing down and jumped back in the cab. Unfortunately all on the RN cameras😁😁😁

Back in the day all the bams that worked on the pier went there and the sensible ones drove to the Chain Pier for their pints. Or the Wardle Hotel if it was a Sunday. 

We might be getting beat but I can't remember the last time I watched a Scotland team playing such good football. Dykes for McBurnie and we would be winning 

Think it proves the lack of depth we have up front. If Dykes gets injured we have nothing to replace him with. Clarke needs to work on a plan B with Griffiths or Naismith leading the line. 

19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Could do with not losing this as we need 2 points to win group. 

Provan misses deflection but he misses most things so not surprised. 

Everything you've said there is wrong.

Horatio Caine

A striker worth his salt should be composed enough to take a first time shot instead of fannying about trying to get the exact right position

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Back in the day all the bams that worked on the pier went there and the sensible ones drove to the Chain Pier for their pints. Or the Wardle Hotel if it was a Sunday. 

We moved to the "Forth Corinthians yachting club". Definately not what it sounds like. However when they put the prices up 2p my auld man and uncles resigned their non nautical membership and moved to the Norhet. Another classy establishment oft missed in the Edinburgh "tourist must see" publications. 

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We might be getting beat but I can't remember the last time I watched a Scotland team playing such good football. Dykes for McBurnie and we would be winning 

Ally McCoist for McBurnie and it would be 1-2 ....

2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

A striker worth his salt should be composed enough to take a first time shot instead of fannying about trying to get the exact right position

Correct.  Nothing against the lad, but this is international football.  Being able to get a shot away first time should be a basic prerequisite.

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

We moved to the "Forth Corinthians yachting club". Definately not what it sounds like. However when they put the prices up 2p my auld man and uncles resigned their non nautical membership and moved to the Norhet. Another classy establishment oft missed in the Edinburgh "tourist must see" publications. 

I live a couple of minutes from the Norhet. It’s like a tardis in that there seem to be more bams in there than there are in D Mains as a whole. I think a lot of the locals get the 21 from Muirhouse to get there. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I live a couple of minutes from the Norhet. It’s like a tardis in that there seem to be more bams in there than there are in D Mains as a whole. I think a lot of the locals get the 21 from Muirhouse to get there. 

I took my English, now wife in there when upstairs was still full of pool tables. Cops and ambulance men came storming in and carried a bloke downstairs with beer mats round his neck, blood everywhere. He sees my dad "aw right Gordon" aye, says my dad, what happened to you? Awe, my own fault, jumped the queue for the table, got glassed in the throat😢🤣

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

We used to go to the Starbank. The old man was a Wardle stalwart. 

Would have liked to have seen us try a different formation in this game, perhaps see what a McTominay and McGinn partnership looks like in midfield in a 4-2-3-1

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

We used to go to the Starbank. The old man was a Wardle stalwart. 

Strabank, a bit poncey now, but a fantastic pint of Deuchars

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Maybe not the best idea having three left footed players in a back three. 

Considine looks the most uncomfortable of the 3

22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Someone made the point the other day that it’s very odd that no EPL teams have come in for Christie. How many times has he saved Celtic this season? He’s one of those players that is capable of doing the unexpected and thinking out the box. 

I'm sure I read somewhere Christie has told Celtic he won't be renewing.

Certainly while Lennon remains in charge.