***Official East Fife v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Kxf51 said:

Haha, i'm only watching cause I paid for it, It's pretty grim, missing the bake off for this🤪

Missing the bake off , i mean really you should just get that on and put the heartbreak of watching Hearts on me , you know for the good of your Health. Cake os less dangerous to health than being a Hearts fan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• GinRummy

• sadj

There midfield seem to be able to play our midfield with ease and it's just their poor quality that is saving us - just!

Robbie generally likes the ball on the deck, I don't think he'll be keen on Berra shelling it with every second touch. Hopefully gets him telt.

As expected, despite his assist, Frear is essentially a man down, like he has been all season. 

Plenty of time for improvement. But its basically a reserve team, so I'll hold off on any further criticism till full time.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Been saying it for a few seasons now. He’s simply not good enough for Hearts. Will be in League One next year. 

Absolutely this. Been tried many times now, just does not have it

Bazzas right boot

Been pretty poor tbh

Only Lee with pass marks.

Young gk ok as well.

Both centre halves dodgy at cross balls.

Popescu continues to give away position.

Little width

Frear very poor

Wighton isolated

Irving although a few flashes of skill shown, not involved enough 

After going 2-0 up so early I expected more.

Popescu and Frear are the two signings not impressing at all this season so far.

Having said that we are ahead, they will tire,  and if we don't do anything stupid we'll likely win 3/4-1.

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Learn to embrace the pant-wetters.  They make me laugh.:biggrin:

It’s hard mate 😂😂

some of the overreaction on here is hilarious 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was just away to post this , I enjoy it and Jimmy is a good foil. If you think thats bad listen to the commentary as basically any other club in Scotland. The shout outs were quite funny also on Saturday. They were more exciting than the game

for certain

Bit of a weird dig to make tbh

As you say, Laurie and Jimmy are good together. Enjoy Laurie and Mark's podcast too. Seems like a good lad.

Mind you, the commentator is going to give me a heart attack with his sudden verbal explosions.

Quite funny, really.

1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

Aye they're fine... Once you mute the telly

Passing the one microphone is obviously a skill they haven't been taught:whistling:

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Agreed

Also getting some serious comments at HT on the first half. Of course it is from.an East Fife perspective but at least throughout they have discussed the game with no shout outs or chat about sandwiches.

Edited by Francis Albert

Started well but ended the half poorly. I feel sorry for Wighton having to chase the aimless punts forward.

Robbie looked absolutely fuming in the run up to half time.

Come out high tempo start of the second get another couple goals and secure the win hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Is it coincidental that Berra returns and Hearts revert to hoofball.   

Berra has been brutal. We have been all over the place at the back. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It’s hard mate 😂😂

What is your reaction to that first half performance?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Is it coincidental that Berra returns and Hearts revert to hoofball.   

tbh, giving Popescu likes to give away possession in his own half at every opportunity I am not surprised he has went to hoofing it.

Lee and Irving need to do more, in particular Irving imo to get the ball and make a pass. Frear is also looking pretty poor with each passing game.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It’s hard mate 😂😂

Some 🤣 Say Most and I’d agree

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Robbie generally likes the ball on the deck, I don't think he'll be keen on Berra shelling it with every second touch. Hopefully gets him telt.

As expected, despite his assist, Frear is essentially a man down, like he has been all season. 

Plenty of time for improvement. But its basically a reserve team, so I'll hold off on any further criticism till full time.

Robbie's just remembered how Berra plays. Could be hooked for Kingsley.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Really?

Watching Berra launching these long balls to no one in particular sends a rather nasty shiver down my spine its like a re-run of the past

I was just raging at Popescu. Shortly after I watched Berra shuffle 20 yards forward, stop and launch another ball forward. Back to Popescu it is 😂

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, 22games nro said:

ive been trying to count how many players we have on the pitch, cause it feels like about 9 or 10 !!!!

only hearts.jpg

Considering we have Frear and Brandon playing it effectively is 9. 

3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Frear in particular has been disappointing since he joined. Henderson and Brandon will never make it. Berra is finished. 

Think Brandon might,hopefully, I like him but Henderson,can't believe he's still at hearts

Bazzas right boot

Berras first game in about 7 months and check the pelters.

Good to have a support that has your back, eh?

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

If your team went down 2 in the first 3 minutes how would you react? East Fife are throwing everything at us because if we had scored again it was game over

get a fecking grip the pair of you

Throwing everything at us? Semi pros who've probably all been out working today. 

Few balls over the top and we're all over the place. 

Lucky we got those 2 early goals cause that was pretty pathetic for the rest of the half. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, sadj said:

Some 🤣 Say Most and I’d agree

👍😂😂😂

half the names I’ve never seen on this forum, funny how they come out when the game goes the way it is

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Bit of a weird dig to make tbh

As you say, Laurie and Jimmy are good together. Enjoy Laurie and Mark's podcast too. Seems like a good lad.

Think the criticism is a bit harsh, as a duo they work well together.

I've known Laurie for a long time, and he is a top guy.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No excuse for some of our players but playing on these plastic monstrosities is pish! 

Yeah the pitch is a joke, it just doesn't bounce properly.

I like bouncy things.

4 minutes ago, Big Chae said:

We are absolutely hummin at the back, no strength in midfield and gash up front.

What about the rest of the team?

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

All he has to do is pass it rather than pump it long. He has players around him that will take the ball short to feet.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Also getting some serious comments on the first half. Of course it is from.an East Fife perspective but at least they have discussed the game with no shout outs or chat about sandwiches.

Apparently the shout outs are 'quite funny'

wattie exploited

first two minutes were great the rest of the half has been piss pure our midfield is shit,apart from Lee who has been pretty good ,

frear is total rubbish ,henderson is shit ,our two full backs are poor at the least our goalie had a couple of good saves ,Robbie needs to give some of them a slap !:rifle:

hope we get some decent passing going in the second half :flagwave:

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

How do you think Berra has played Tosh?

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Throwing everything at us? Semi pros who've probably all been out working today. 

Few balls over the top and we're all over the place. 

Lucky we got those 2 early goals cause that was pretty pathetic for the rest of the half. 

Not semi pro at all - professionals, as this is the Professional football leagues. If they were semi pro they’d be playing in the highland league. They might be part time, but still professional. 

I really do not understand the overreaction - we clearly don’t have our strongest team available, half these players will not be at hearts next season, we are still 2-1 up. 

Not disagreeing that it was it was a poor showing from us, but man chill out! 

maroonedinbriz
Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Stendel got rid of him for a reason.

Berra appears to be an intelligent guy when interviewed. Why then after 5 or 6 hopeful punts to nobody in particular can't he twig that he's just giving possession away?

Just now, Van Wilder said:

Think the criticism is a bit harsh, as a duo they work well together.

I've known Laurie for a long time, and he is a top guy.

Axe to grind with criticism of our commentary team? 

Tonight is a laugh apart from when he shouts out of silence.  As I've said, he'll give me a heart attack of the wrong kind.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Aye pleased you are finding this all entertaining.

Horrible performance from players with a chance to stake a claim for a starting place.

That’s what I can’t fathom out. These guys should be screaming for the ball to get on it and make something happen. These players are nowhere near good enough. They should be sticking out in these games when in reality the East Fife players look better than them. They can’t come off there at Half Time thinking they have contributed enough. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What is your reaction to that first half performance?

Pretty standard reserve team LC away game against determined lower league opposition. The type of game that 99% of us would never get to watch, listen to or analyse in a normal season because there would be no way to watch it other than going (and only a few hundred of us would get along). Fully expect us to get a couple more goals in the second half.

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Frear in particular has been disappointing since he joined. Henderson and Brandon will never make it. Berra is finished. 

Frear is utter pish and how Henderson got a new deal is a right head scratcher.