NEXT - The Pars

kingantti1874

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-expect-seven-players-back-face-dunfermline-3037341

Hearts expect seven players back to face Dunfermline

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson anticipates seven players returning for Friday night’s league trip to Dunfermline.

By Barry Anderson

Tuesday, 17th November 2020, 7:00 am

Wingers Josh Ginnelly, Jordan Roberts and Jamie Walker are expected to be fit after injury, likewise midfielder Andy Halliday. Goalkeeper Craig Gordon, defender Michael Smith and striker Liam Boyce are due back from international duty on Thursday.

All seven missed last week’s Betfred Cup win at East Fife but they could feature at East End Park as Hearts pursue a ninth successive win in all competitions.

Having Ginnelly, Roberts and Walker available again would be a significant boost to Neilson’s options in wide areas. Those three also missed the league win against Inverness earlier this month.

"I expect all three of them to be back, fingers crossed,” Neilson told the Evening News. “Ginnelly has been doing some training, and Roberts and Walker are due to train with a view to being ready for Friday.

"It would be really good to get those three back, and hopefully we get Michael Smith, Liam Boyce and Craig Gordon all back okay from international duty. Halliday should be fine as well. He has done some work and looked good."

Gordon, Smith and Boyce are due back in Edinburgh just 24 hours before the Dunfermline match following their international exertions.

Gordon is with the Scotland squad, who face Israel in Netanya on Wednesday night aiming to win their Nations League group. It is the final match of a triple header away from home for Steve Clarke’s team.

Smith and Boyce are in Belfast with Northern Ireland for their Nations League tie against Romania. Ian Baraclough’s men must win to avoid relegation to League C.

Neilson has no concerns about the triumvirate returning to Riccarton so late in the week and said it will not affect their participation against Dunfermline.

"I've no reservations about that at all. I'm sure they will be fine for Friday,” he stressed. “We had the same situation against Dundee in our first league game, when players had been away travelling and weren't back until the day before the game.

"We will assess them but I'd expect it all to be okay.”

😀 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• maroonsgotop

• Lfhearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

If ginnelly is fit to start i fancy us to win pretty comfortably,I feel he makes a difference to our side with his pace and gives us a good outlet on the wing.

Changing my prediction to 1-3 hearts.

My line up would be 

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Pops Kingsley 

Halliday Haring

Lee Naisy Gino

Boyce

16 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If ginnelly is fit to start i fancy us to win pretty comfortably,I feel he makes a difference to our side with his pace and gives us a good outlet on the wing.

My line up would be 

Gordon 

Halliday Haring

Lee Naisy Gino

Boyce

If that team doesn't smash Dunfermline were doing something wrong. 

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

My line up would be 

Gordon 

Halliday Haring

Lee Naisy Gino

Boyce

And with a bench from Walker, Roberts, Frear, Wighton, White, Irving, Berra and Brandon, then we really should be comfortable. Also Dunfermline will have a go, which should suit us.

Looking at them it'll be a pretty open game i feel. They have started well and will be playing quite confidently so i expect them to NOT sit in like Arbroath and get forward as best they can. If their fullbacks like to get forward it should leave space aplenty. This should work in our favour so it's important that Ginelly and Roberts are playing in this one. If they are then i would expect us to get a win and perhaps get a 3-1 win. If they're not, it'll be a bit scrappy, tight, not much football played and i'd be happy with a scruffy 1-0 score. All depends on who's playing. Our players are/appear to be happier playing against open sides and struggle a bit when the opponents stay rigid so hopefully they'll try to get forward. If so, it  should be enough to see us through.

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

If that team doesn't smash Dunfermline were doing something wrong. 

So a 2-0 victory would be bad?

11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So a 2-0 victory would be bad?

Nope, 2-0 will do just fine. Hopefully with a decent performance as well. Some silky hibseque free flowing football, their keeper playing a blinder but helpless at our 2 world class goals. Not asking for much. 

Tough game where we take any win and move on.

This season is a numbers game in terms of battering through the fixtures and not really being concerned about how we win.

Ugly is fine...stylish is better.

Ex member of the SaS

Not happy with a scrappy 1-0 but it will do. We still need to improve our goal difference but both Raith and Dunfy have started well, so win this any way possible and move on. We need to show the other teams in the league we are THE force and will not be bullied.

steinbeckjambo1874

Got a feeling if Ginnelly can come back in and pick up where he left off we could be quite dangerous up top on Friday.

Boyce got his goal the other week there, fancy him to get another now he's off the mark (well, from open play at least). Wighton ready to step up too. 

Dunfermline will have a go at us, if they want to go up they'll have to, which hopefully will present a few chances for us! 

3-1 Hearts. 

29 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not happy with a scrappy 1-0 but it will do. We still need to improve our goal difference but both Raith and Dunfy have started well, so win this any way possible and move on. We need to show the other teams in the league we are THE force and will not be bullied.

Taking the 3 points is a must, and on reflecting back at the end of the match any way it's been done is good enough.

Any identifiable shortfalls in any department can be worked on for next match.

Franksluckypants

They deserve absolutely no respect at all and will be treated that way!

Take the pee and destroy them please! Thanks.

Byyy The Light

Robbie going up against his old assistant so they'll both be desperate to win this.  Should make for a good game. I think we'll win pretty comfortably.

10 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is this on Hearts TV?

Live on Hearts TV for international subscribers.  Not sure if it will be Laurie & Jimmy doing the blethering.

Disser Pointon

Cheers lads

39 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

BBC 

33 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Live on Hearts TV for international subscribers.  Not sure if it will be Laurie & Jimmy doing the blethering.

Cant link but the Pars posted on pussjotter advertising the game and the deluded are in defiant mood, one even said that they have a high possibility in winning the league and "Hearts are average" .... I want them destroyed!

4 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

3-2 Hearts an open game with plenty chances I reckon.

Early Hearts goal. attritional grind for 80 minutes. Late Hearts goal. 0-2

Malinga the Swinga

Any win will be welcome against a team run and supported by people who wanted to destroy us. 

**** Dunfermline. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Liam Boyce and Michael Smith start for N. Ireland tonight. 

Still think they'll start for us if fit. 

Not so good. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I used to love when our players played for there countries but nowadays I always fear that they get an injury 🤷‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

flipping joke playing in a dead rubber having also played for them on Sunday (Smith the full game and Boyce 60 mins) 

18 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

flipping joke playing in a dead rubber having also played for them on Sunday (Smith the full game and Boyce 60 mins) 

Aye stinking from N. Ireland, barely give the boys a game for months and then chuck them in when they have important game in 48hours. Don't expect favours from us in the future Baraclough

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pretty awful. 3 games in 6 days. Both wont play maybe 1 but not 2 I don't think 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

In a nothing game! 😏

49 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pretty awful. 3 games in 6 days. Both wont play maybe 1 but not 2 I don't think 

3 games in 5 days, Sunday, Wednesday and Friday.............totally unacceptable

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

3 games in 5 days, Sunday, Wednesday and Friday.............totally unacceptable

Hmmm....want to count again  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

nope

Sunday is one,  then there's another 5 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Sunday is one,  then there's another 5 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday. 

Sunday night to Friday night is 120 hours divided by 24 hours is 5 (days). Anyway whichever you look at it it's a flipping joke in a dead rubber and both are still playing

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

Sunday night to Friday night is 120 hours divided by 24 hours is 5 (days). Anyway whichever you look at it it's a flipping joke in a dead rubber and both are still playing

I suppose you could count 5 sleeps right enough  :lol:

Smith just took a sore one too

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I suppose you could count 5 sleeps right enough  :lol:

Smith just took a sore one too

they both need to get off that pitch pronto (hopefully injury free)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

Boyce just scored so he'll probably keep him on for the 90 minutes now

Assisted by Smith  :lol:

5 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Boyce just scored so he'll probably keep him on for the 90 minutes now

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Assisted by Smith  :lol:

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Got ice on his knee ffs

Who Boyce??