NEXT - The Pars

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

Massive fixture, this lot may well be the biggest threat this season.. win it and we go 2 in front with a game in hand.

With Raith and Dunfermline playing each other the week after this is the time to build a gap

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• maroonsgotop

• Lfhearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Massive fixture, this lot may well be the biggest threat this season.. win it and we go 2 in front with a game in hand.

With Raith and Dunfermline playing each other the week after this is the time to build a gap

Good point, I see Dunfermline as our biggest rivals in this charade, so they must be put to the sword ( that failing we could scud them at fitba’) I’m not even taking into account their comments earlier in the year, for that they should be well and truly gubbed by us.

30 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Don’t want to overhype it but it’s a title decider...

😉

Made me giggle👏🏻

15 minutes ago, been here before said:

NEXT is East Fife.

Exactly.

We should be overlooking nobody especially  as  last time at that ground we were honking. We need to get the performance level up before we even think about Dunfermline 

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think they offer the biggest challenge this season so for me its a must win. Given we also have to play them away twice its good to lay a marker down with a solid victory.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

NEXT is East Fife.

Yep.

Win that, get a seeding in last 16 of BFC to avoid Ibrox, Celtic Park, Pittodrie.

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Exactly.

We should be overlooking nobody especially  as  last time at that ground we were honking. We need to get the performance level up before we even think about Dunfermline 

True ! 

We've struggled on our last three visits to that stadium. 

Are we home and dry in that group yet ? 

Almost 2 weeks away, let's get the EF game out the way. A ground we've hardly been great on the past 2 seasons.

Btw will Hearts be streaming the game 🤔  East Fife were one of the good guys so no problem giving them streaming money. 

They have started the season well and we need to make sure we are on top of our game. Cant take it for granted like Rangers did the last time we were in the championship. We should walk this league but still need to turn up. I think they will attack more than teams in the last few games 

29 minutes ago, luckydug said:

True ! 

We've struggled on our last three visits to that stadium. 

Are we home and dry in that group yet ? 

Think we need 1 point to be sure of top spot mate. 

For me, they will be the toughest competition over the campaign but I still don't fear them. Stevie Crawford isn't a top manager, and with their recent investments, I get the feeling they are waiting for him to slip up to bring someone else in. They were held to a goalless draw today, so they've already fell a hurdle before us.

Raith certainly look a very good side right now, but I honestly can't see them keeping up for much more than a few weeks. Raith play Dunfermline the week after we play the Pars I'm sure. The table could look very different, and favourable, come early December.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

A win, obviously, would be great.

I think it’ll be a draw.

Boo! Away with your drawist chat, Morgan. ;)

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Boo! Away with your drawist chat, Morgan. ;)

I’m a realist, Red.  

Ok, 5-0 Hearts.

😍😍

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

You sicken me 😕

🤷🏿‍♂️

That’s not fair.

:sob: 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I’m a realist, Red.  

Ok, 5-0 Hearts.

😍😍

Much better! :D

Hope you're doing well despite France having a viral canicule at the moment.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Much better! :D

Hope you're doing well despite France having a viral canicule at the moment.

We’re fine, Red.

Thank you for asking.  Hope you are too?

Keeping ourselves to ourselves and living on exercise, alcohol and ice-cream.

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

🤷🏿‍♂️

That’s not fair.

:sob: 

Sorry. Your namby-pamby, hoity-toity, lefty snowflake draw predicting nonsense has no place here. 🤷‍♂️

(Scrappy 1-0 for Hearts)

😘

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry. Your namby-pamby, hoity-toity, lefty snowflake draw predicting nonsense has no place here. 🤷‍♂️

(Scrappy 1-0 for Hearts)

😘

Namby-Pamby will take your scrappy 1-0..  👍

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

We’re fine, Red.

Thank you for asking.  Hope you are too?

Keeping ourselves to ourselves and living on exercise, alcohol and ice-cream.

Great to hear. :) I'm much the same, just keeping my head down. My daily long walk is definitely the highlight of my day, the boring codger I have become.

Not that we will forget, but let’s remind ourselves .

Dunfermline chairman Ross McArthur has hit back at suggestions he was behind alleged bullying over the key vote which saw the three SPFL divisions below the Premiership curtailed.

Inverness, who miss out on promotion to the top tier as a result of the ballot, released an angry statement on Sunday saying they had proof that bullying had taken place.

McArthur added: “Turning to the “allegation” regarding the information that was conveyed by me to Inverness FC, on Friday 10th April 2020.

“As confirmed by their own leaked WhatsApp message group, I clearly did so as Dunfermline Athletic FC Chairman and NOT as an SPFL Board Member (as was expressly agreed and verified, before the call with other Championship clubs).

“It most certainly wasn’t a threat, simply a potential consequence of their action not to back the SPFL resolution currently put in front of them, in favour of a counter resolution which was being mooted at that time.

after this fiasco they then voted in favour of reconstruction fully knowing that it would fail but they might be able to pull the wool over hearts fans eyes for hopefully a decent pay day when we played them. Think again ya muppet !

2AC74D18-0D57-4ABC-96EB-6B34ECF80590.jpeg

6 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Not that we will forget, but let’s remind ourselves .

Dunfermline chairman Ross McArthur has hit back at suggestions he was behind alleged bullying over the key vote which saw the three SPFL divisions below the Premiership curtailed.

Inverness, who miss out on promotion to the top tier as a result of the ballot, released an angry statement on Sunday saying they had proof that bullying had taken place.

McArthur added: “Turning to the “allegation” regarding the information that was conveyed by me to Inverness FC, on Friday 10th April 2020.

“As confirmed by their own leaked WhatsApp message group, I clearly did so as Dunfermline Athletic FC Chairman and NOT as an SPFL Board Member (as was expressly agreed and verified, before the call with other Championship clubs).

“It most certainly wasn’t a threat, simply a potential consequence of their action not to back the SPFL resolution currently put in front of them, in favour of a counter resolution which was being mooted at that time.

after this fiasco they then voted in favour of reconstruction fully knowing that it would fail but they might be able to pull the wool over hearts fans eyes for hopefully a decent pay day when we played them. Think again ya muppet !

2AC74D18-0D57-4ABC-96EB-6B34ECF80590.jpeg

I used to enjoy our games at East End Park going right back to the sixties. I wouldn’t put a brass farthing into their coffers now while McArthur has anything to do with them.  I hope we thrash them.

Edited by Deevers

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I used to enjoy our games at East End Park going right back to the sixties. I wouldn’t put a brass farthing into their coffers now while McArthur has anything to do with them.  I hope we thrash them.

Not sure if mentioned anywhere.....are this lot setting up a PPV fir the game?........if so they can ram it.

And he’s not praying!
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not sure if mentioned anywhere.....are this lot setting up a PPV fir the game?........if so they can ram it.

Live on the BBC, bud.

highlandjambo3
4 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Live on the BBC, bud.

Ah.....ok......so no dosh for them then......pleasing 

The Old Tolbooth
11 hours ago, Locky said:

For me, they will be the toughest competition over the campaign but I still don't fear them. Stevie Crawford isn't a top manager, and with their recent investments, I get the feeling they are waiting for him to slip up to bring someone else in. They were held to a goalless draw today, so they've already fell a hurdle before us.

Raith certainly look a very good side right now, but I honestly can't see them keeping up for much more than a few weeks. Raith play Dunfermline the week after we play the Pars I'm sure. The table could look very different, and favourable, come early December.

Levein is sniffing about them, I live over this way and there’s a few of their fans worried that CL ends up with the gig, I hope he does, it’ll serve them right, scummy little tinpot club! 

16 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

They are not a threat. Nobody is.

Of course they are - we haven’t exactly blown away Arbroath and ICT have we!

On 07/11/2020 at 18:50, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

East fife first 

👍 It's got to be one game at a time. Looking ahead to certain games may be impossible to resist but no opposition should be taken too lightly.

Bit early for a match fred naw?

Anyway, anyone who is scared of anyone in the championship just log off, close down your laptop/PC/Mobile device and go for a lie down in a darkened room now.

Toughest game of the season so far for us. They’ve started well and have a massive threat in Dom Thomas. If we can navigate this game comfortably then we are jamming. 

The Old Tolbooth
45 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Am I correct in saying we will be without Gordon, Smith  Boyce and maybe Irving for this game?

Scotland and Northern Ireland play on the Wednesday, and the league game is on the Friday, so unless there's any Covid rules in place that stops them playing, then I'd imagine they'll play if fit. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

• davemclaren locked this topic