NEXT - The Pars

kingantti1874

54 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Am I correct in saying we will be without Gordon, Smith  Boyce and maybe Irving for this game?

Correct.

Edit: Not correct. They will miss East Fife and should play Dunfermline.

Edited by Pans Jambo

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• maroonsgotop

• Lfhearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Correct.

Edit: Not correct. They will miss East Fife and should play Dunfermline.

I thought Scotland had two away games in the space of 5 days I was thinking Gordon would stay with the international squad instead of coming back to play for Hearts then away again next week . 

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

I thought Scotland had two away games in the space of 5 days I was thinking Gordon would stay with the international squad instead of coming back to play for Hearts then away again next week . 

You could be right about Gordon.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

You could be right about Gordon.

I can't see him coming back to play a game for us then heading back to join up with the Scotland squad . I am happy Craig got himself back in the fold and proving he is still the best Scottish keeper out there but i'd rather he stayed with us instead of joining up with Clarke squad. 

6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Scotland play this thursday, Sunday, then wednesday.

Dunfermline game is on friday 20th November.

the Scotland and Northern Ireland  games are on the 12th, 15th and 18th 

they will miss East Fife on the 10th but should be OK for Dunfermline on the 20th. 

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Scotland play this thursday, Sunday, then wednesday.

Dunfermline game is on friday 20th November.

Ahh I was assuming with the previous post I replied to Dunfermline was this weekend  .

On 07/11/2020 at 18:50, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

East fife first 

Correct. There is a Betfred cup fixture to take care of first.

Dunfermline have started their season quite well, This will be an interesting match, I think we will win but it will be a bit of a battle. 2-1 hearts.

Now we've got the game with the most successful Fife team out the way, it's time to concentrate on sorting these utter scumbags out.

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Now we've got the game with the most successful Fife team out the way, it's time to concentrate on sorting these utter scumbags out.

Strange how things go around. I'm not disagreeing for a second. But I can remember the administration season when we played them in a fundraiser for both teams. They were the good guys then, for a wee while.

One.Night.In.Basel

Not including hibs or the old firm, but I've not wanted to hammer a team as much as I do this lot on Friday. My boss is a dunfermline fan and he genuinely thinks they have the better team and will comfortably beat us. He even said they have the best fullbacks in the league 😂 deluded isn't the word. I seriously cannot wait to give them a do in. 

29 minutes ago, One.Night.In.Basel said:

Not including hibs or the old firm, but I've not wanted to hammer a team as much as I do this lot on Friday. My boss is a dunfermline fan and he genuinely thinks they have the better team and will comfortably beat us. He even said they have the best fullbacks in the league 😂 deluded isn't the word. I seriously cannot wait to give them a do in. 

I’m confident we will pump them mate, hopefully ICT will beat rat rovers on Saturday 

Pars fan at my work seems to think they'll win 2-0 🤦‍♂️🤣 only time I will have bragging rights at work this season. Hope another Dundee scoreline coming up 👌💪

One.Night.In.Basel
15 minutes ago, One five said:

I’m confident we will pump them mate, hopefully ICT will beat rat rovers on Saturday 

Certainly hope so. If we play like we can then we should do. 

One.Night.In.Basel
4 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Pars fan at my work seems to think they'll win 2-0 🤦‍♂️🤣 only time I will have bragging rights at work this season. Hope another Dundee scoreline coming up 👌💪

Haha thats what my boss said too, a comfortable 2-0 his exact words. Seemingly they like to play football so hopefully they do and don't just sit in and  defend, then it could be another dundee scoreline. 

22 minutes ago, One five said:

Their start to the league season is irksome. Want them relegated. Will be a very satisfying drubbing when we face them again.

7 minutes ago, One.Night.In.Basel said:

Haha thats what my boss said too, a comfortable 2-0 his exact words. Seemingly they like to play football so hopefully they do and don't just sit in and  defend, then it could be another dundee scoreline. 

Strange creatures these fifer's... (He says hoping you're not from Fife 🤣😊)

6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Their start to the league season is irksome. Want them relegated. Will be a very satisfying drubbing when we face them again.

We play them on the last league game of the season ,

relegating them would just be the icing as we will already be the champions .

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Will Ginnelly be fit for this one?

Neilson quoted as back “doing work” seems more confident about Roberts and Walker 

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Neilson quoted as back “doing work” seems more confident about Roberts and Walker 

What’s been wrong with walker?

The Old Tolbooth
On 11/11/2020 at 11:36, Fort Vallance said:

Strange how things go around. I'm not disagreeing for a second. But I can remember the administration season when we played them in a fundraiser for both teams. They were the good guys then, for a wee while.

Scumfermline fans have very short memories when it comes to that one mate. 

Nucky Thompson
16 hours ago, One.Night.In.Basel said:

Dunfermline fans sound like a smaller but more deluded version of hobos

Ive probably missed it....but anyway to watch this fixture , on TV / PPV etc...?

EDIT - Just seen its on BBC...ignore me

Edited by moz

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, moz said:

Ive probably missed it....but anyway to watch this fixture , on TV / PPV etc...?

It's on the BBC Scotland new channel mate :thumbsup:

Every game is important but every so often a game comes along with a 'Big Match' tag.  So far that has applied to the Dundee and Hibs games.  Now it's Dunfermline which goes in to the 'Big' category due to their good start.   I think our players will prefer games like this as opposed to the banana skin trips to Arbroath etc.  

Any kind of a win will do , but giving them a tanking would be nice .

Great league planning having us playing a game two days after having international matches and us having players away for them 😡

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Any kind of a win will do , but giving them a tanking would be nice .

Great league planning having us playing a game two days after having international matches and us having players away for them 😡

championship teams don’t feature in thinking sadly .. don’t think Gordon or Boyce will play - certainly not the 90 mins .. main concern is smith..

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

championship teams don’t feature in thinking sadly .. don’t think Gordon or Boyce will play - certainly not the 90 mins .. main concern is smith..

That implies they have the brain and will to think , that really would surprise me 😉

highlandjambo3

I think we will win comfortably but.....(I’m definitely not a glass half empty person), we will NOT win every game, we will draw/loose the odd game along the way so, I have an “anti knickers in a twist” button on standby to press when we have a wee stumble............some on here would be best to have something similar standing by.

kingantti1874

even worse they probably have thought about it and simply don’t care

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Smith and Boyce played v. Dundee despite being in Norway 2 days before with NI.  

Smith played for 60 minutes, Boyce unused substitute.

This time they play Romania in Belfast tomorrow.

As long as no injuries to the 3 of them, I think all 3 will be in squad, with only Boyce a bench candidate if we go with Wighton as part of any training to game continuity plan. 

Smith could be rested v. Alloa on Tuesday if need be.

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Smith and Boyce played v. Dundee despite being in Norway 2 days before with NI.  

Smith played for 60 minutes, Boyce unused substitute.

This time they play Romania in Belfast tomorrow.

As long as no injuries to the 3 of them, I think all 3 will be in squad, with only Boyce a bench candidate if we go with Wighton as part of any training to game continuity plan. 

Smith could be rested v. Alloa on Tuesday if need be.

Myway we will defo include in squad.  Meant that I don’t think Boyce or Gordon will feature for NI or Scotland. Certainly not 90 mins

Dunfermline oir rival for the league. :rofl:

Again, we'll pump this mob. A jolly Rogering coming their way. 

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Myway we will defo include in squad.  Meant that I don’t think Boyce or Gordon will feature for NI or Scotland. Certainly not 90 mins

Ah..sorry....gotcha.

In the same way we got sucked into a relegation scrap last season, we don’t want to get sucked into a title race this year.

Hopefully a comfortable win with a few goals to put their title ambitions to bed early on in season.

23 hours ago, One.Night.In.Basel said:

That’s what we want and will

play right into our hands. 

Narrow win would do me. Can't see us dishing out a hammering, tbh. Dunfermline have made a good start and Hearts, for me, are still a bit light up front. 

Obviously hoping for a win, narrow or landslide, but a tough night and a draw wouldn't surprise me. 

2-2.

I just noticed hearts u20s played rangers b (youth) today.   Moore scored 2 in five minutes in the first half.    Might have got himself in the squad Friday, not too shabby scoring 2, he's been scoring a few in games. 

Pasquale for King
On 08/11/2020 at 09:47, The Old Tolbooth said:

Levein is sniffing about them, I live over this way and there’s a few of their fans worried that CL ends up with the gig, I hope he does, it’ll serve them right, scummy little tinpot club! 

That would be lovely 😊 

• davemclaren locked this topic