***Mafia:The Original***

iantjambo

Welcome to my inaugural game of running a Mafia game. I’ve decided on a simple generic game for my first run out and so I hope you all enjoy.

Roles:

Goons (5): can kill one person during each night sequence.

Cop (1): Can investigate one player each night. That persons role will be revealed to both them and the masons.

Masons (3): As said above, they will receive the result of the cops investigation.

Doc (1): Can choose to save any player during any night sequence. This player will be immune from both the goons and the assassin. Cannot save the same player on consecutive nights.

Assassin (1): Out for themselves. Has 3 kills that they can use during any night sequence, the may use multiple kills if they wish. Should the assassin be lynched on day 1, I will permit them 1 revenge kill during the night time activities.

Townies (9): simple townsfolk who just want a happy life. 

Rules:

Everyone can vote however they want but please put all vote/unvote in bold. E.G [b] vote Iantjambo [/b]. Any vote/unvotes not in bold, will NOT be counted.

You can bluff and hint at your role, but anyone outright saying their role will be mod-killed. Everyone of course can say they’re just a townie.

I will deal with all night time activities in the following order COP-DOC-GOONS-ASSASSIN. Can all roled players please get their night time activities in as quickly as they can.

I will be using deadlines in this game. First deadline will be [b]thursday 9pm[/b]. 
I will call night at 9pm by my own clock. Any voting that takes place after I call night will NOT be counted. Muck around with your votes late on at your own risk 😁.

Anyone who doesn’t vote will be banned from voting the following day.

Anyone who doesn’t post first day will be mod-killed.

You can chat during the night time activities but NO game talk. I’ll punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead players can also talk but only “come on goons/town” type chat. They can’t try to influence the game.

Winning the game:

Goons win if the town have no way of getting a majority vote.

Town win if all Goons are killed.

Assassin wins if they’re the last roled player standing.

I think I’ve covered everything. If I’ve missed anything out, please let me know.

It’s my first game so I ask people to be patient.

Good luck :)

Edited by iantjambo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Morgaro Gomis

• Stuart McNeill

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everybody should have a PM. Please let me know if you don’t.

1. Stuart McNeill

2. Yvonnejambo 

3. Sheldon Cooper

4. AlimOzturk

5. Simo

6. Smack

7. Shapes

8. Morgaro Gomis

9. Bunny Munro

10. Dawnrazor

11. Milky

12. Sean

13. Dandyman

14. AndyNic

15. Riddley Walker

17. Vlad Magic

19. Dunks

20. Groot

21. Rudi Skacel

23. Boof 

20 players

11 for a lynch

Deadline 9pm Thursday.

Edited by iantjambo

Why is boof 23 and not 22?

Vote stuart

Usual day one vote. 

Townie this time. Hopefully make it past day one this time. 

Why is there no number 16 or 18? Is this a challenge? My mafia paranoia exploding with incandescent rage already.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why is there no number 16 or 18? Is this a challenge? My mafia paranoia exploding with incandescent rage already.

Because these numbers weren’t taken :lol:

There won’t be any challenges or such in this game so you can take some deep breaths now 😂

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why is boof 23 and not 22?

Vote stuart

Usual day one vote. 

Townie this time. Hopefully make it past day one this time. 

Because he chose a random number and that’s the number he got :D

Calm doon 😂

13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Because he chose a random number and that’s the number he got :D

Calm doon 😂

Letting boof get an upper hand on you Ian. You are the boss/god of this game. You should have put your foot down and told to take the assigned numbers Gaps aren’t acceptable. 

Boofs on my initial goon list. This shit isn’t acceptable. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Ok, I probably won’t be around until later this afternoon and so I’ll get a post count done then.

Hope to come back to loads of chat. If you’re at work, then that’s what they provide toilets for 😁

45 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Letting boof get an upper hand on you Ian. You are the boss/god of this game. You should have put your foot down and told to take the assigned numbers Gaps aren’t acceptable. 

Boofs on my initial goon list. This shit isn’t acceptable. 

I'll refer you to the sign-up thread where someone (can't recall who) added four numbers to the 20 as it looked like they were going to be needed.

23 was the only prime number remaining and, since I'm in my prime, it seemed the most appropriate so I chose it.

Then, when it looked like we were only going to be 20 I offered, willingly, to change to 16 (the next most interesting number there since 2^4 = 4^2 ).

All the evidence is there and, not only there, but comes from pre-role-distribution so there can be no Ian-influencing going on.

So whilst you're putting that in your pipe and smoking it...change your goon-list to have me OFF it.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Glad the time is back rather than the post saying posted X mins ago

That one just says 3 minutes ago for me but hovering over it in the original post gives the actual time. Wish I'd known that 2 games ago... :( 

Morning all and thanks for organising the game Ian T.

Would use BS but can’t.

Usual vote for the last person to vote vote so....

Vote Dawnrazor 

Stuart McNeill
1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

We begin again. Couple of new features on KB that could be quite helpful. 

How do I see these features and are they accessible on mobile? 

Standard would use BS, can't.. 

Vote sean

Morning everyone. First time playing the game so happy to be involved.

I think I'll take the same tact as Vlad Magic and vote for the last person to vote vote so I Vote Vlad Magic.

Anyone seen that movie The Goon? Any good?

Stuart McNeill
1 hour ago, Boof said:

I'll refer you to the sign-up thread where someone (can't recall who) added four numbers to the 20 as it looked like they were going to be needed.

23 was the only prime number remaining and, since I'm in my prime, it seemed the most appropriate so I chose it.

Then, when it looked like we were only going to be 20 I offered, willingly, to change to 16 (the next most interesting number there since 2^4 = 4^2 ).

All the evidence is there and, not only there, but comes from pre-role-distribution so there can be no Ian-influencing going on.

So whilst you're putting that in your pipe and smoking it...change your goon-list to have me OFF it.

Spot on goon! 😂 

Edited by Stuart McNeill
Typo

Stuart McNeill
Just now, AndyNic said:

I think I'll take the same tact as Vlad Magic and vote for the last person to vote vote so I Vote Vlad Magic.

Usually on day 1 there isn't much to go on, some people will just vote the last person for a safe vote. 

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Is that what they told you to say? 🤨

Tenaciousdandy

40 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Morning folks 🙂 board looking nice a crisp on mobile 

Would use bs but can't 

That the one with sean william scott? Its not that bad for scott film, the second one was alright as well 

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Glad the time is back rather than the post saying posted X mins ago

I'm only seeing mins/hour ago still, guess its a desktop only feature

A simple townie here guv. Would investigate Ian if I was the cop.

It looks like you get the thread stats when it reaches 3 pages.

Morgaro Gomis

The town have been bolstered with my inclusion. 

Would investigate Sheldon if I could, but I can’t. 

So the best I can do is:

Vote Sheldon

2 hours ago, Simo said:

Wouldn't use BS. Can't use BS anyway so irrelevant. 

I truly am just a simple townie this time. 

This man gets it. I'm as clean as a whistle as always. 

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Smack said:

A simple townie here guv. Would investigate Ian if I was the cop.

It looks like you get the thread stats when it reaches 3 pages.

Ah ok, will be a good addition later on in the game then to check on the lurkers, and see how many posts ahead of everyone I am 🤣

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Afternoon all, just checking in.

Would use BS but can't so won't.

As he is quite clearly a goon, I will return the favour and

Vote Morgaro

2 hours ago, Boof said:

That one just says 3 minutes ago for me but hovering over it in the original post gives the actual time. Wish I'd known that 2 games ago... :( 

It's bloody changed back. :arghh:

51 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Not seeing this on here, its on the sign up thread tho 

Screenshot_20201104-113238_Samsung Internet.jpg

We've been royally teased with this upgrade. Like a cheesy gameshow host saying look at what you could have won

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

We've been royally teased with this upgrade. Like a cheesy gameshow host saying look at what you could have won

😂 yeah definitely, it does look good on mobile tho, I've ventured over to .net once or twice and that site is so ugly and almost unreadable it makes my eyes bleed lol

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

😂 yeah definitely, it does look good on mobile tho, I've ventured over to .net once or twice and that site is so ugly and almost unreadable it makes my eyes bleed lol

It is Showing on other threads. I have a feeling the thread needs to be at least 2 pages long for it to show. It also seems to always be just under the first post of a page ( after page 1). 

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

It is Showing on other threads. I have a feeling the thread needs to be at least 2 pages long for it to show. It also seems to always be just under the first post of a page ( after page 1). 

Tbh waiting until there is x amount of posts/pages makes a little bit sense as no point t in a post count of 2 posts threads lol so a decent feature for threads like Mafia, not much use to other ones tho, will help us fish out lurkers or make the lurkers post more so not to be seen as lurking 

Morgaro Gomis

Taking a leaf out of Yvonne’s book and gonna post a certified day one goon list:

Sheldon

Smack

Simo

Sean

Stuart

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

6 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Tbh waiting until there is x amount of posts/pages makes a little bit sense as no point t in a post count of 2 posts threads lol so a decent feature for threads like Mafia, not much use to other ones tho, will help us fish out lurkers or make the lurkers post more so not to be seen as lurking 

It might not be much use as it looks like it only shows the top 4 posters. So not much use for identifying lurkers

Hello!

Would use bs if I could but I can't.

Living the 9-5 dream on placement at the moment so I'll be quiet during the day then I'll not shut up from the moment I get home.

Tenaciousdandy
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

It might not be much use as it looks like it only shows the top 4 posters. So not much use for identifying lurkers

Davemclaren out!!! 

Tenaciousdandy
15 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Taking a leaf out of Yvonne’s book and gonna post a certified day one goon list:

Sheldon

Smack

Simo

Sean

Stuart

Interesting 5 out if the 6 S's, didn't someone do all the D's last game, can't remember if they where a goon or not tho 

Looking at these good and goon lists...we've got a helluva lot of players whose usernames (or Mafia game pet names) begin with S

Could lead to some confusion in votes/unvotes - be wary of goons trying to muddy waters by claiming 'Oh, I meant to put Sxxxx' 

4 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Day 1 goon list

Sheldon

Dandyman

Milky 

Groot

Yvonne

How did get these names on a Goon list this early?