Who should start against Hibs  

395 members have voted

1. 1. (Assuming 1 up front)

• Boyce
    • Wighton
    • Naisy all the way
    • Play 2 Strikers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/20 at 21:15

Bazzas right boot

Wighton upfront on his own in a sf v hibs - no thanks. I'd be astounded if that happened. 

He might start, but Boyce or Naismith will be up top on their own or as some have said with Wighton. 

Also agree that walker is a number 10 and ineffective on the wing so if we have our wide players  injured we have a problem, I'd probably play White out wide. 

I was looking forward to seeing Ginnelly at Hampden, hopefully he makes it. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Probably more chance of you being allowed to open your own pizzeria.

👍

Pineapple Pizza Palace. 

The waitresses would wear bamboo skirts, hawain mini dresses and roller skates. 

Actually, so would the waiters with pineapple head gear. 

Pineapple-hat-1-237x300.jpg

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I voted two up front but what I wanted to say was Boyce and Wighton together. Wighton played well last night on the right.

Yeah they looked menacing as a front 2 (as opposed to first half where Wighton just took on Ginelly’a position).

If Ginelly and Roberts are both out, I think play to the strengths of the remaining guys. Boyce is clever and wighton has pace and a knack for getting in behind.

The thought of the likes of Frear and/or White playing fills me with dread

Boyce holds the ball up and brings others into play, Wighton has found the scoring touch of late so for me play both.

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Any option which involves Walker playing on the wing should equal Walker doesn't play.

Last night proved once again that Walker can play #10 and nowhere else.

Yeah that is a fair point TBH. Sometimes when these questions are asked I think of a player like Walker in the way he used to be rather than how he is now.

Edited by Spellczech

17 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Whether he starts or from the bench, Wighton will score a Super Wayne cult winner against them 

How beautiful this would be

Boyce + Wighton please.   And a high-energy midfield at the top of their game is going to be essential - to support them when we have the ball, and to close down the Hobo midfield when we don't.       They'll be favourites ....but we are Hearts.  Never forget.

:hibernan: :getout:

If we are playing one up, then I would side with Boyce, but I think we should be playing with 2 up top in this league, so I voted for both. 

Guest ToqueJambo

8 hours ago, OTT said:

IMO we should go two up top. 

Boyce+ wighton or naismith. 

If Ginnelly and Roberts are out that might force a change of formation as we don't have ready made replacements - just 2 from Frear, White and Moore. Wonder if we might go 3-5-2. Halkett Popescue Kingsley; Smith Lee Irving Walker White; Wighton Boyce. 

I would not be surprised if Naismith starts next week. He’s a very experienced and clever player.... Walker , despite playing well ,(as has been proved in the past )can be a little bit soft in these games. Naismith is an old head who wins more tackles, is more aggressive and has a bit more discipline about him. If he was 100% fit. I’m sure he would start. That’s the big question I suppose. 

1. Boyce

2. Naisy

3. Wighton

Wighton still has a lot to prove and would be powder puff on his own against the two hubz central defenders.

They'd both know they were in a game if they were facing Boyce or Naisy.

On 23/10/2020 at 22:30, gillsjambo29 said:

Walker/Naismith is a toss up as well.

players pushing each other for starting places, It'll never catch on. 

It's interesting that Naismith has been on the bench for the last few games but never been used.

That suggests to me that he is still nowhere near fit enough for Robbie to take a chance on him.

If he plays against Hibs I would imagine it would as a late sub.