• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• 1971fozzy

Apparently in one of the rags today is a quote from Jack Ross "pleading" with the SPFL not to award 3-0 wins to the opponent of a club which can't fulfil a fixture.    Hmmmm... is he just sticking up for his old club... or covering his new club ahead of any "issues" ?

Anyway, why not just ask Leanne to put forward a members proposal to stop the 3-0 thing ?   

The cat is definitely getting closer to these  pigeons now :ears:

To be fair to the SPFL a lot of work has gone into the protocols to allow football to be played.

If any club has been just casually ignoring them as the Mail article suggests I would expect a punishment. Though probably not as severe as it should be. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mail story

Interesting to see what the SPFL do. I would love to see St Mirren relegated by coronavirus and get to enjoy their hypocritical bleating about the unfairness of it all. At the same time, I don't see how the SPFL can impose a greater punishment than they did for Aberdeen and Celtic.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

To be fair to the SPFL a lot of work has gone into the protocols to allow football to be played.

If any club has been just casually ignoring them as the Mail article suggests I would expect a punishment. Though probably not as severe as it should be. 

Clubs can't be whinging to and about the SG for money one minute, while in this case, blatantly ignoring protocol the next.

Levein did say on Sportsoun he had been made aware of at least 1 club blatantly breaking protocols.

Wonder if it was Liedoon or another?

From a Hearts perspective I hope we are doing everything correctly.

1 hour ago, eyesandears said:

Nightmare. Wonder if it'll effect Fitz's European dreams for St Ridden.

Looks like he's been keeping the local pie makers  in  business  though.   😀

34 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Interesting to see what the SPFL do. I would love to see St Mirren relegated by coronavirus and get to enjoy their hypocritical bleating about the unfairness of it all. At the same time, I don't see how the SPFL can impose a greater punishment than they did for Aberdeen and Celtic.

Whilst not wishing to stand up for Aberdeen or Celtic, they have had only the one breach each as far as I am aware and in Celtic's case they all happened when players were abroad on international duty, bar what's his name. St Mirren have now had 4 breaches and all due to being here. 

19 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think a foot and mouth style pyre is the only way to deat with this in St Bribery's case.

Far to lenient for them. 

46 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

the comparisons with aberdeen and Celtic aren’t the same probably. Theirs was individual players making the decisions , whereas it looks like it could actually be the club here. So I’d imagine the punishment will (and should) be far greater than a small fine. 
if the club has ignored the protocols then I’d imagine a points deduction will be a stick on.

but then again it’s the SPFL so god only knows.

Edited by 1971fozzy

22 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

the comparisons with aberdeen and Celtic aren’t the same probably. Theirs was individual players making the decisions , whereas it looks like it could actually be the club here. So I’d imagine the punishment will (and should) be far greater than a small fine. 
if the club has ignored the protocols then I’d imagine a points deduction will be a stick on.

Nobody should suffer because of Colin, Doncaster will say.  It all depends which false face the hypocrite is wearing on any given day.

58 minutes ago, David Black said:

Whilst not wishing to stand up for Aberdeen or Celtic, they have had only the one breach each as far as I am aware and in Celtic's case they all happened when players were abroad on international duty, bar what's his name. St Mirren have now had 4 breaches and all due to being here. 

Celtic it was a player failing to quarantine when he was abroad that was the definite violation.

I think you are confusing players getting the virus with breaches in protocol. Players can get the virus without a breach in protocol. We don't know how many breaches there have been by St Mirren.

49 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The distinction between club and players is a helpful fiction for clubs like Celtic and Aberdeen. What we are talking about in either case are club employees failing to follow the protocols correctly. It shouldn't matter whether those backroom staff are backroom staff or players. In the case of Aberdeen and Celtic the clubs broke the protocols.

So Levein says he knows of one club that significantly breaches protocol.

If it was St. Mirren, where is the link?

Hearts player goes to St. Mirren.  All 3 games lost but also recognises clear breach of protocol at training and the away game at Tannadice.

Agent Zlamal, your work is done.

;)

Each club should get one free hit regarding a postponement. Each postponement thereafter results in a 0-3 defeat. Just a pity its St Mirren.

3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Apparently in one of the rags today is a quote from Jack Ross "pleading" with the SPFL not to award 3-0 wins to the opponent of a club which can't fulfil a fixture.    Hmmmm... is he just sticking up for his old club... or covering his new club ahead of any "issues" ?

Anyway, why not just ask Leanne to put forward a members proposal to stop the 3-0 thing ?   

The cat is definitely getting closer to these  pigeons now :ears:

He also said there was no problem in playing 3 games a week to catch up.... now if I recall that was not the case when last season needed completed.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He also said there was no problem in playing 3 games a week to catch up.... now if I recall that was not the case when last season needed completed.

The hypocrisy is sickening and not just limited to this vile club!

husref musemic
1 hour ago, gator said:

The hypocrisy is sickening and not just limited to this vile club!

but but but there was no way we could have completed they 8 games. just no way. Mr Doncaster said so. 

6 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Jack Ross is an absolute welt. Ok so he can play 9 games in 3 weeks. His previous statement as above should be rammed down his vermin throat

Pasquale for King

As much as Paisley is a shitehole and I love that this has happened to them there has to be something wrong somewhere that they had more cases than anyone else on separate occasions.  

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As much as Paisley is a shitehole and I love that this has happened to them there has to be something wrong somewhere that they had more cases than anyone else on separate occasions.  

Cutting corners to save cash.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Cutting corners to save cash.

It’s must be something specific to have so many catch it, if you’re only testing once a week instead of two that doesn’t explain how they’re catching it? Poor hygiene at the training ground or stadium? I’m sure the SPFL investigation will find out though 🙈

Edited by Pasquale for King

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s must be something specific to have so many catch it, if you’re only testing once a week instead of two that doesn’t explain how they’re catching it? Poor hygiene at the training ground or stadium? I’m sure the SPFL investigation will find out though 🙈

Celtic and St Mirren seem to be the two clubs most affected so that investigation will consist of a massive brush and a carpet!

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Celtic and St Mirren seem to be the two clubs most affected so that investigation will consist of a massive brush and a carpet!

Absolutely, but if there’s a scapegoat needed they will probably say Zlamal gave it to them and fine us. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, but if there’s a scapegoat needed they will probably say Zlamal gave it to them and fine us. 

That would be funny if there wasn't a chance they would pull that rabbit out the hat!

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Zlamal doesn't catch much

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Has anything happened to Kilmarnock with their covid charge

They are facing the same charges on the same day

On 24/10/2020 at 17:26, David Black said:

Each club should get one free hit regarding a postponement. Each postponement thereafter results in a 0-3 defeat. Just a pity its St Mirren.

When did Hearts ever get a “free hit”? 🤔

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Verdict will be they breached Covid rules punishment will be a 3 quid fine for St Mirren and a points deduction for Hearts

You jest but we’ve already seen how SPL ****-ups led to the cancellation of our training. 

And how does it take so long to organise an inquiry?!?

On 25/10/2020 at 00:29, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely spot on......

willie wallace
5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Has anything happened to Kilmarnock with their covid charge

I think they may lose the points for the postponed game against Motherwell (i think).

They have had enough time to reschedule the match incl.this week.

They say they are short of time for postponed games but it doesn't seem like it.

Mr Brightside
On 24/10/2020 at 14:51, 1971fozzy said:

Also Celtic and Aberdeen were able to fulfil their fixture, it was the Government that cancelled the game.

part_time_jambo
25 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Also Celtic and Aberdeen were able to fulfil their fixture, it was the Government that cancelled the game.

I don't think it was. That is what the SPFL want us to think.

9 hours ago, willie wallace said:

I think they may lose the points for the postponed game against Motherwell (i think).

They have had enough time to reschedule the match incl.this week.

They say they are short of time for postponed games but it doesn't seem like it.

Is that fair on St Mirren though? It’s up to the league to reschedule and I don’t see how they can be deducted points when there is no process in place to apply that punishment. 

Both Celtic and Aberdeen players have flouted rules and been allowed to replay so that’s really all the league can do. 

willie wallace
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is that fair on St Mirren though? It’s up to the league to reschedule and I don’t see how they can be deducted points when there is no process in place to apply that punishment. 

Both Celtic and Aberdeen players have flouted rules and been allowed to replay so that’s really all the league can do. 

I was referring to Kilmarnock but I agree with what you are saying.

Of course there should have been rules in place before the season started especially considering the amount of time they spent telling us about the lack of space in the calendar to complete the fixtures.

If Killie had not been breaching any rules why has the game not been played and what will happen if they are guilty.

I think the difference between  the Aberdeen and Celtic cases was that they were individual players whereas it appears that Kilmarnock as a club may have breached the rules.

The Old Tolbooth
50 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Which would make it all the funnier if they actually were deducted points, the squealing coning from that utter shit stain of a club would be fantastic!  :glorious:

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

I was referring to Kilmarnock but I agree with what you are saying.

Of course there should have been rules in place before the season started especially considering the amount of time they spent telling us about the lack of space in the calendar to complete the fixtures.

If Killie had not been breaching any rules why has the game not been played and what will happen if they are guilty.

I think the difference between  the Aberdeen and Celtic cases was that they were individual players whereas it appears that Kilmarnock as a club may have breached the rules.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Which would make it all the funnier if they actually were deducted points, the squealing coning from that utter shit stain of a club would be fantastic!  :glorious:

Oh yeah it would indeed be Glorious. 

If that happened what I would say to St Mirren is that they voted to support Doncaster and the Board, they are also represented on these JRGs so they have no excuse - they signed up for this farce so suck it up when the ambiguity starts to effect you. 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Sure Celtic will give them the 3points back if they have any spare at the end of the season.