St Midden statement

Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

"I am writing to express my disappointment at the comments of Maurice Ross on the above Podcast following the postponement of the fixture between our respective clubs on Saturday 17 October. 

"In particular I deprecate any suggestion that we or any other football club would take advantage of this pandemic for personal gain.  Any notion that we have been “opportunistic” in seeking to discharge our public health responsibilities is a fallacy.  I cannot fathom why Mr Ross would seek to publicly call into question the integrity of a fellow SPFL member club for adhering to the agreed protocols which are in place to protect players, officials and clubs. 

"As we, and all football clubs in Scotland, try to navigate our way through these difficult times the comments of Mr Ross are both unfortunate and unhelpful. 

"With respect I would suggest Mr Ross might want to reflect on the comments which he broadcast to the nation and I am sure he will support your fellow clubs in being hyper vigilant as we work together to tackle this virus.  I would be grateful if he could avoid such derisory language in future." 

Away and fling shite at your bedroom wall Tony

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• 1971fozzy

8 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

"I am writing to express my disappointment at the comments of Maurice Ross on the above Podcast following the postponement of the fixture between our respective clubs on Saturday 17 October. 

"In particular I deprecate any suggestion that we or any other football club would take advantage of this pandemic for personal gain.  Any notion that we have been “opportunistic” in seeking to discharge our public health responsibilities is a fallacy.  I cannot fathom why Mr Ross would seek to publicly call into question the integrity of a fellow SPFL member club for adhering to the agreed protocols which are in place to protect players, officials and clubs. 

"As we, and all football clubs in Scotland, try to navigate our way through these difficult times the comments of Mr Ross are both unfortunate and unhelpful. 

"With respect I would suggest Mr Ross might want to reflect on the comments which he broadcast to the nation and I am sure he will support your fellow clubs in being hyper vigilant as we work together to tackle this virus.  I would be grateful if he could avoid such derisory language in future." 

Quite staggering how they still think that their Shitehouse club carries any sort of “integrity” within the game 

The Hearts family all wish your club dead, you bunch of hypocritical cheating colluding Shitehawks.

we promise you all the biggest of celebration parties 🎈 when we hear of your ultimate demise. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not a lot of intelligence kicking about these interviews.

No decisions will be made anyhow,  clubs are incapable of voting for anything that may adversely affect them later on

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Quite staggering how they still think that their Shitehouse club carries any sort of “integrity” within the game 

The Hearts family all wish your club dead, you bunch of hypocritical cheating colluding Shitehawks.

we promise you all the biggest of celebration parties 🎈 when we hear of your ultimate demise. 

Ditto that! 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

The Dross County manager is bleating in a similar fashion about no club should suffer because of covid 

He’s about 6 months too late. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Clowns, hope they’re the first to go bust of many. 

And every club that goes bust better get that 15 points deduction and transfer ban. Don’t care if it’s a dozen clubs or more. 

How dare these clubs come out with all this fairness crap.they wanted us punished for something they are now bleating about .I hope they burn in hell. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Clowns, hope they’re the first to go bust of many. 

And every club that goes bust better get that 15 points deduction and transfer ban. Don’t care if it’s a dozen clubs or more. 

There’s no punishment if you go into administration due to a Force Majuere unfortunately. 

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Apart from those willing to help them and loan a GK. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apart from those willing to help them and loan a GK. 

Help is a strong word, think Bobby was just short of chucking the ball in his own net when he was there :lol:

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There’s no punishment if you go into administration due to a Force Majuere unfortunately. 

I am not going to waste my breath asking if the league have decided when force majeure comes to an end. 

You have form for being lying cheating b@stards is what Ross should reply, and there's nothing that snakey shitehole of a club can reply to deny that fact!

If they don't want to forfeit fixtures for lack of players then they should have more players on the books. Simple as that.

Can't expect other clubs to suffer because they chose to make their squad smaller during a pandemic where self-isolating is going to be a common occurrence.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Help is a strong word, think Bobby was just short of chucking the ball in his own net when he was there :lol:

Nothing new there, strangely enough they said of the 12 fit players they had last week that FOUR were GKs, they only had three when Zlamal went there 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️? All above board I’m sure. 

52 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The Dross County manager is bleating in a similar fashion about no club should suffer because of covid 

Aye.... astonishing stuff from that Kettlewell clown.  On one hand saying how wonderful their testing and player education process is, then saying it's unfair to punish teams who can't raise enough players due to covid outbreaks.      Such a caring chap ...... shame his chairman  is  the complete opposite.

It's almost as if Kettlewell is  preparing the ground for when his own  "wonderful" processes fail to prevent some of his own  players testing positive.       

The hypocrisy is astonishing. It is only a matter of time before one of these Mickey Mouse outfits are gone for good. My only sentiment would be bye bye!

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Amen to this! 

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

What an embarrassment that man is. 

That club wouldn't know integrity if it smacked them in the puss. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

WoolfordsHearts
1 hour ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Maurice Ross was excellent on the BBC and I agreed with every word.

I listened to him on the way home from work on Sunday.

A very well spoken young man and tipped to go a long way in the coaching game.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Amen.

Borders Jambo

The hypocrisy is beyond belief.  

I used to be ambivalent about Ross County and well St Bribery, as we all know have previous.  I am speechless about how clubs like these seem to think they are so important. 

I hope one of them passes us in the opposite direction.

Whilst the hypocrisy of St Mirren is hilarious, I thought Ross was talking a lot of sh1te (he was good on the tactics in the OF game to be fair).

Punishing clubs for a covid outbreak is harsh (assuming they have followed protocols) and is he right that clubs could just send in fake test results to the SPFL to avoid playing regulations? Is there no verification of the results?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Whilst the hypocrisy of St Mirren is hilarious, I thought Ross was talking a lot of sh1te (he was good on the tactics in the OF game to be fair).

Punishing clubs for a covid outbreak is harsh (assuming they have followed protocols) and is he right that clubs could just send in fake test results to the SPFL to avoid playing regulations? Is there no verification of the results?

Probably not. This is Scotland we’re talking about.

gorgie rd eh11

They have a history of questionable integrity. Why would anybody  trust them now.

Edited by gorgie rd eh11

4 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

If St mirren go down that’s the end of them, bring it on

Good. There will be no tears shed this side of paisley 

Psychedelicropcircle

Quite happy for st liedoon to have a backlog of games & no time slots available for them ppg at this point would see them doon 👋🏻

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Would only be following on what Rugby Union is doing and I think UEFA games.

If that isnt the solution you risk the season lasting 2 years.

None of this is easy or necessarily fair

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Would only be following on what Rugby Union is doing and I think UEFA games.

If that isnt the solution you risk the season lasting 2 years.

None of this is easy or necessarily fair

If it becomes unmanageable then maybe it's what has to happen,although possibly a limit to how many games a team could postpone would be a working compromise.

I just don't like a policy that effectively benefits the richer, bigger clubs who have larger squads.

Quality comments from TF !!!! Maurice Ross was pretty good on the podcast . 

I can see some sort of calls for no relegation this year, due to the issue of postponing games , possible deductions etc 

Maybe they should have thought about the phrase ‘we depracate any suggestion that we or any other football club would take advantage of this pandemic for personal gain’

4 points ahead 8 games to go and you still had to come to Tyncastle. Of course you and every other club in the bottom half of last seasons table did.

Honestly despise that institution and hope they die a slow lingering death. 

That statement is shithousery of the highest order

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Maybe they should have thought about the phrase ‘we depracate any suggestion that we or any other football club would take advantage of this pandemic for personal gain’

4 points ahead 8 games to go and you still had to come to Tyncastle. Of course you and every other club in the bottom half of last seasons table did.

Honestly despise that institution and hope they die a slow lingering death. 

That statement is shithousery of the highest order

This