• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• 1971fozzy

41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And County had the worst form in the league at that time. This narrative that our form simply wouldn't have changed within the remaining games and that teams like Hamilton, County and St Mirren (despite all also being very poor) would continue picking up points was just nonsense, and it was disappointing to even see some Hearts fans buying into it and saying we "deserved" to go down.

Something often forgotten. Hearts were third favourites to go down at 5/1 the day after the St Liedown game. I know as I was going to put a ton on us to ease the pain if the worst happened. 

The trouble is we are not going to get a chance to make them suffer until fans are back in the grounds. That's not going to happen for a while, at best next August imo, and then only if there is a viable vaccine.

As they say around these parts, we must "nurse our wrath to keep it warm".

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And County had the worst form in the league at that time. This narrative that our form simply wouldn't have changed within the remaining games and that teams like Hamilton, County and St Mirren (despite all also being very poor) would continue picking up points was just nonsense, and it was disappointing to even see some Hearts fans buying into it and saying we "deserved" to go down.

Hearts fans that said we deserved to go down used to just p**s me off mate big time. 

here is the EEN article. This guy boils my piss. I can’t wait for their demise. Saying to stick together. GTF you absolute roaster. You rat

St Mirren boss Jim Goodwin calls for Scottish football to 'all stick together'

St Mirren boss Jim Goodwin has called on Scottish football to come together with the Buddies set for a Scottish FA disciplinary hearing next week.

St Mirren boss wants the Scottish football community to stick together during this testing time. Picture: SNS

The Paisley club have had their last two Scottish premiership fixtures postponed due to positive coronavirus cases.

It led to a charge from the Scottish FA, criticism from Motherwell coach Maurice Ross and the club making appointments to strengthen their protocols.

Goodwin, who will see his side back in action against Dundee United tomorrow night,hopes the football community will “look after each other” during this situation.

"I think it's important as a football community that we all stick together during this period,” he said. “What happened to us can happen to anyone, it's as simple as that. I think the SPFL and SFA, all the leagues, we all need to look after each other.

"If this situation happens again to anyone then we'll certainly support them and talk them through some situations that might help them in future.

"The most important thing for me as Premiership clubs is that we try to help and assist each other and not shoot each other down. I'm glad to say most people have been very supportive."

Sympathy may be in short supply in the west end of Edinburgh following comments made by Goodwin during the summer.

He said it was a “common sense approach” for Hearts to be relegated and that it would have been “a hell of a turnaround” for the Tynecastle Park side to survive, despite sitting just four points behind Hamilton Accies with eight games remaining.

Edited by 1971fozzy

2 hours ago, One five said:

Hearts fans that said we deserved to go down used to just p**s me off mate big time. 

There was loads of them tae, ****in weird behaviour.

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

here is the EEN article. This guy boils my piss. I can’t wait for their demise. Saying to stick together. GTF you absolute roaster. You rat

St Mirren boss Jim Goodwin calls for Scottish football to 'all stick together'

St Mirren boss Jim Goodwin has called on Scottish football to come together with the Buddies set for a Scottish FA disciplinary hearing next week.

St Mirren boss wants the Scottish football community to stick together during this testing time. Picture: SNS

The Paisley club have had their last two Scottish premiership fixtures postponed due to positive coronavirus cases.

It led to a charge from the Scottish FA, criticism from Motherwell coach Maurice Ross and the club making appointments to strengthen their protocols.

Goodwin, who will see his side back in action against Dundee United tomorrow night,hopes the football community will “look after each other” during this situation.

"I think it's important as a football community that we all stick together during this period,” he said. “What happened to us can happen to anyone, it's as simple as that. I think the SPFL and SFA, all the leagues, we all need to look after each other.

"If this situation happens again to anyone then we'll certainly support them and talk them through some situations that might help them in future.

"The most important thing for me as Premiership clubs is that we try to help and assist each other and not shoot each other down. I'm glad to say most people have been very supportive."

Sympathy may be in short supply in the west end of Edinburgh following comments made by Goodwin during the summer.

He said it was a “common sense approach” for Hearts to be relegated and that it would have been “a hell of a turnaround” for the Tynecastle Park side to survive, despite sitting just four points behind Hamilton Accies with eight games remaining.

Raging! Goodwin spits out more shit than a Sewer.   
die you horrible little club.

10 hours ago, smiler said:

There was loads of them tae, ****in weird behaviour.

In many cases it was driven by their hatred of Levein 

Bizarre that this should be stronger than their love of Hearts

14 hours ago, Zico said:

Something often forgotten. Hearts were third favourites to go down at 5/1 the day after the St Liedown game. I know as I was going to put a ton on us to ease the pain if the worst happened. 

The season was not played out and we will never know what could of happened.

What did happen was Hearts were demoted due to the incapability of our ruling body

to get said season finished, this could have been done. clowns.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

The season was not played out and we will never know what could of happened.

What did happen was Hearts were demoted due to the incapability of our ruling body

to get said season finished, this could have been done. clowns.

Am I right in saying in all of Europe only Scotland and Cyprus (or was it Bosnia) were the only two footballing nations not to finish the league?  I’m sure I read that in here somewhere.

32 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Am I right in saying in all of Europe only Scotland and Cyprus (or was it Bosnia) were the only two footballing nations not to finish the league?  I’m sure I read that in here somewhere.

It was just France and Holland I think.   A few others like Serbia and Bosnia were suppose to have a split after a certain amount of matches but cancelled it.  France were the only other country to unfairly demote a team along with us.  PSG were probably calling the shots in that league though just like Celtic were here.

Edited by Randy Marsh

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

It was just France and Holland I think.   A few others like Serbia and Bosnia were suppose to have a split after a certain amount of matches but cancelled it.  France were the only other country to unfairly demote a team along with us.  PSG were probably calling the shots in that league though just like Celtic were here.

French Government banned football etc till after the UEFA deadline for completing leagues.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

French Government banned football etc till after the UEFA deadline for completing leagues.

I take that bit about PSG back then.👍

I so want us to draw that shower of shite in a cup competition this season and rip them a new one.

To$$ers

Edited by sandyk

31 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I so want us to draw that shower of shite in a cup competition this season and rip them a new one.

To$$ers

First game in the defence of our trophy 😉

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's common sense for St Mirren to get two 3-0 defeats if their players caught Covid after not following the rules. 

It's interesting to note reading article on BBC that the Killie guys went down with Covid days are playing St Mirren in Paisley!!

Wonder what the common denominator is??

6 hours ago, sandyk said:

To$$ers

Only if they play in Hazmat suits.

23 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Any chance someone can paste the een article?

Using chrome?

I've noticed if you go incognito it lets you view articles if you've used up your limit. 

obv someones posted it now, but its a handy wee trick to get round that pish

On 05/11/2020 at 19:27, One five said:

Gary Mackay being the main culprit. The man should never set foot in Tynecastle again. He'll say anything to get his name in press.

14 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Gary Mackay being the main culprit. The man should never set foot in Tynecastle again. He'll say anything to get his name in press.

Correct, he lost a lot of respect from most of us and has left us with a sour taste with his comments .
I don't think we will ever forget it.