St Midden statement

Brick Tamland

SectionDJambo
9 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Funnily enough I distinctly remember Lennon's predecessor had plenty to say when Cathro was sacked, musing about the style of football Cathro wanted to play, but being handicapped by the players that were forced on him.

Lennon can stick his sanctimonious pearl clutching up his green and white hoop.

And the Scottish media backed him up, saying he had every right to give his opinion on another Scottish club. 

As long as everyone is saying that Celtic are wonderful and not just a big fish in a wee pond, infested by religious bigotry, all is calm in the world of Scottish football.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• 1971fozzy

On 20/10/2020 at 19:50, King prawn said:

Hope they all go bust as soon as possible. 

Agree Feck the lot of them! 😠 

Only Hearts HHGH.

14 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Funnily enough I distinctly remember Lennon's predecessor had plenty to say when Cathro was sacked, musing about the style of football Cathro wanted to play, but being handicapped by the players that were forced on him.

Lennon can stick his sanctimonious pearl clutching up his green and white hoop.

he had lots to say about when daly took over before we appointed CL. Also he moaned about the length of the bloody grass. all drooled over by the sycophantic scottish media

On 21/10/2020 at 01:09, Hackney Hearts said:

I deprecate people using words in a written statement that they would never use in everyday speech, in a forlorn attempt to sound intelligent. I also deprecate a tendency to publicly split one's infinitives.

Apart from that, the notion that St Mirren have ever had a shred of integrity is the obvious fallacy, and you yourself Tony are more than a bit phallusy.

Totally agree my friend. But thinking of Tony Fitzpatrick he wouldn't know what the word deprecate meant and probably confused it with defecate. Horrible little  irrelevant football club 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Shut them down and burn the place down

Somethings certainly not right.

Get them docked points.

Then burn the ***** down.

Edited by been here before

How many players have they got left in the squad who haven’t had it? Most folk who get it are supposed to be immune for a few months so how the **** do they keep getting outbreaks?

They just need to get the chequebook out and sign some more players.

If they can't afford it that's their fault.

If six players all broke their legs they wouldn't expect to have several months of fixtures postponed...

33 minutes ago, andydog said:

How many players have they got left in the squad who haven’t had it? Most folk who get it are supposed to be immune for a few months so how the **** do they keep getting outbreaks?

Hope it's false positives. Imagine the seethe

avhudtheteeshirt
28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Looking very likely they maybe after another postponement for their game against Hamilton tomorrow.

What's the chances that SPFL allow them to postpone as they have not got European ties so have some clear midweek slots!!!!

16 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

What's the chances that SPFL allow them to postpone as they have not got European ties so have some clear midweek slots!!!!

That's a given. Only when they want a postponement against one of the arse cheeks will it be declined.

I dislike St Mirren a lot. I dislike Tony Fitzpatrick even more. This is the guy who said at the start of the season that St Mirren are one of the top clubs in Scotland and should be top six regularly. Talk about being delusional! They are a nothing club who will bend over for Celtic any time they ask them to. Didn't they let Celtic use their crappy wee ground for some Celtic tournament a couple of years ago!? Even put the Celtic crest OVER their own badge on their main stand!? 

Whilst it's somewhat satisfying to listen to them whinge about covid-related issues with players I won't slag them off for that as it may happen to any club, including our own at some point. Anything else though is fair game regarding that rancid little club.

Shanks said no
14 hours ago, number-16 said:

They just need to get the chequebook out and sign some more players.

If they can't afford it that's their fault.

If six players all broke their legs they wouldn't expect to have several months of fixtures postponed...

a point extremely well made sir. 

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I dislike St Mirren a lot. I dislike Tony Fitzpatrick even more. This is the guy who said at the start of the season that St Mirren are one of the top clubs in Scotland and should be top six regularly. Talk about being delusional! They are a nothing club who will bend over for Celtic any time they ask them to. Didn't they let Celtic use their crappy wee ground for some Celtic tournament a couple of years ago!? Even put the Celtic crest OVER their own badge on their main stand!? 

Whilst it's somewhat satisfying to listen to them whinge about covid-related issues with players I won't slag them off for that as it may happen to any club, including our own at some point. Anything else though is fair game regarding that rancid little club.

I get what you are saying but this is what they signed up for in the summer so I do mind their whinging. I mind it a lot. I'm equally amused by it, mind you!!

The whole of Scottish football had the chance to sit down and talk like adults but instead, with clubs like St Ridden right at the heart of it, they all bickered and backstabbed.

There are no clear ground rules because the clubs couldn't behave like grown ups and the SPFL are pen pushing jobsworths content to collect their stipend.

Any rule would likely be harsh. Miss a game, lose the points, but it'd atleast be clear and same for all.

The whole thing is so tinpot it's frightening. And our media just refuse to call anyone out on it. Not properly, not journalistically.

Too right it's ridiculous Maurice bloody Ross is on the radio sagging other teams and bumming up his beloved Rangers, but where are the people filling our airtime with investigated insightful input which may actually expose and bring some change to our dying game.

We do need to rip through this shit. What a crying shame we've been so shite at football last couple of years!!!

Just now, TheBigO said:

I get what you are saying but this is what they signed up for in the summer so I do mind their whinging. I mind it a lot. I'm equally amused by it, mind you!!

The whole of Scottish football had the chance to sit down and talk like adults but instead, with clubs like St Ridden right at the heart of it, they all bickered and backstabbed.

There are no clear ground rules because the clubs couldn't behave like grown ups and the SPFL are pen pushing jobsworths content to collect their stipend.

Any rule would likely be harsh. Miss a game, lose the points, but it'd atleast be clear and same for all.

The whole thing is so tinpot it's frightening. And our media just refuse to call anyone out on it. Not properly, not journalistically.

Too right it's ridiculous Maurice bloody Ross is on the radio sagging other teams and bumming up his beloved Rangers, but where are the people filling our airtime with investigated insightful input which may actually expose and bring some change to our dying game.

We do need to rip through this shit. What a crying shame we've been so shite at football last couple of years!!!

The "powers-that-be" treat clubs differently to each other. As long as a certain one in particular is happy, maybe two then that's all they care about.

Football will never change in Scotland until a new broom comes in and sweeps away all the old cobwebs left by this dodgy lot and we know that's not going to happen anytime soon. Romanov sussed them out after only six months, they hated it. They didn't want some outsider coming in to a club that isn't one of the old firm and upsetting their cosy little set-up incase they were found out. Romanov took great pride in pulling them up for it in the media which lead to certain things happening in games. Also the reason Hearts players were booked and sent-off more than any other club. Refs appeared briefed in what they were to do. That lot took great delight in fining Hearts at the end of seasons for "their poor disciplinary record". We were no better or worse than any other club regarding discipline. That lot enjoyed filling their pockets with their ill-gotten Romanov gains.

As for your point on media and journalism, particularly football...again, they have no interest unless it's a negative spin on HMFC. I'm sure that when they get a journalistic job in this country they are briefed on what they can and cannot do and must play by the rules set out to them. Been going on for years, decades in fact, probably the biggest reason we are seen as a joke and a footballing backwater in Europe. We'll still be having this conversation in another 10 years time. But the powers-that-be won't care, nor will the media.

Footballfirst

CLUB STATEMENT: ST MIRREN V HAMILTON ACADEMICAL

SMFC Webteam Saints News 23 October 2020

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that tomorrow’s match against Hamilton Academical has been postponed following Public Health Scotland’s decision to place the entire first-team and coaching staff into isolation.

Chief Executive Tony Fitzpatrick said: "We appreciate this is a frustrating situation for all connected to the club and those involved at Hamilton Academical. 

"This continues to be a challenging time for the club but the health and wellbeing of our players and staff remains our utmost concern."

Jambo in Bathgate
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

3-0 wins to both Morherwell and Hamilton should be the order of the day.

There’s no way that will happen as they would have to treat Rangers and Celtic in the same way. I thought I heard that Doncaster or some other SPFL lacky mention again that it was up to the clubs to decide as this is a membership run organisation. 

SpruceBringsteen
17 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

There’s no way that will happen as they would have to treat Rangers and Celtic in the same way. I thought I heard that Doncaster or some other SPFL lacky mention again that it was up to the clubs to decide as this is a membership run organisation. 

There were precedents set when we were forced to play laddies against Kilmarnock a couple of seasons back, and when we were riddled with flu against Inverness about 10 years ago. If a club can't fulfill the fixture with youth players then the game should be awarded to the other team.

It's a travesty a two-bob bunch of amateur charlatans like St Mirren are in the top league rather than us.

You should get one postponement in the current climate, after that 3-0 loss. Probably not that different for St Mirren most weeks anyway.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

CLUB STATEMENT: ST MIRREN V HAMILTON ACADEMICAL

SMFC Webteam Saints News 23 October 2020

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that tomorrow’s match against Hamilton Academical has been postponed following Public Health Scotland’s decision to place the entire first-team and coaching staff into isolation.

Chief Executive Tony Fitzpatrick said: "We appreciate this is a frustrating situation for all connected to the club and those involved at Hamilton Academical. 

"This continues to be a challenging time for the club but the health and wellbeing of our players and staff remains our utmost concern."

I have had a quick look at their web site and they have the following:

1st TEAM SQUAD

23 PLAYERS.  3 GOALKEEPERS AND 20 OUTFIELD

RESERVE SQUAD

7 PLAYERS

COACHING STAFF

So at this time 35 members of St Mirren football club are now in isolation. However the BBC are saying that St. Mirren have had the game postponed because they only have 11 fit players.

SNIFF SNIFF (but not in a Hibs type way

In addition how can they fulfil a reserve team league with only 7 players?