Striker required

NB GIN

Definitely require a decent centre  forward who can hold the ball we are blessed with many skilful players but a number 9 is so badly needed. Boyce to come back but need a strong player up top with a bit pace. 

Sorry but wighton is not the  answer 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Greedy Jambo

• busby1985

• jr ewing

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Definitely require a decent centre  forward who can hold the ball we are blessed with many skilful players but a number 9 is so badly needed. Boyce to come back but need a strong player up top with a bit pace. 

Sorry but wighton is not the  answer 

between Boyce and Naismith, we’ve got enough up top. Should save our cash.

Surely to God Wighton will contribute something at some stage. We must have sent Stevie Wonder to scout him (or John Murray, same difference)

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Surely to God Wighton will contribute something at some stage. We must have sent Stevie Wonder to scout him (or John Murray, same difference)

I think wighton is an arm around the shoulder type player, needs constant praise and  his ego rubbed by his coach.

i can see him going on a scoring run as soon as he finds the net.

you can bookmark this.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

I think wighton is an arm around the shoulder type player, needs constant praise and  his ego rubbed by his coach.

you can bookmark this.

I will book mark this.

I can see him going to Arbroath on loan before the season is out.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

you can bookmark this.

He’s utter pony. Henderson is a better option and he’s not much better.

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

you can bookmark this.

Hand around the throat maybe.

Useless.

Wighton looks if he doesn't actually want the ball at times. 

He will never be the answer imo. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I will book mark this.

That is honestly his level. 

No way is he good enough for Hearts. 

I wasn't sure we needed a striker until tonight. We shouldn't overreact to the very first game of course but Naismith was poor and Wighton put in a similar performance to what we've seen before from him. If Boyce got injured I wouldn't want to rely on what we currently have for more than the odd game 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Jeezus! One game in! Give the lad a chance. We created plenty of chances and on any other day would have scored 3 or 4 easily. We’ll create plenty. All the lad needs is a goal or two and that I’ll do his confidence all the good. If not just remember we’ve got Boycie, Naisy and Walker in attack! 

Nothing to worry about! 

We need a striker who knows where the back of the net is. Had we had one tonight we would have been out of sight. If anything were to happen to Boyce we’d struggle.

What’s the obsession with playing naisy at no 10 he’s much better up top annoying the centre half’s with walker in behind!!

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We need a striker who knows where the back of the net is. Had we had one tonight we would have been out of sight. If anything were to happen to Boyce we’d struggle.

Id fancy the opposition manager to score more than Wighton

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Id fancy the opposition manager to score more than Wighton

If the chance had been taken early on we would have won at a canter. Wighton might be ok as a squad filler, but we need someone who can latch into the chances that will fall for us and convert them. Tonight convinced me that although he put himself about and looked busy enough, Wighton is not going to be prolific. I hope Robbie is going to pull something out of the hat in this respect. 

25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I will book mark this.

Agree bookmarked as well 

How you can see anything in this imposter beggars belief 

Has he scored yet ?

PhoenixHearts

Going to be honest here but unless he's playing in a front 2 with Boyce, I can't really see a clear cut space in the team for Naismith.

If it's only one up front, he's understudy to Boyce. If we play a 4-2-3-1, the three should be Roberts and Ginelly on the wings with Walker in the hole behind Boyce. Haring (when fit) and Irving as the pivots for me. 

Luckily we're in a weaker division than we should be so he will do fine, but in my personal opinion (as of right now) he is no longer in my strongest 11. 

I know he's the captain but I can't help feel that more often than not he's going to be keeping a more dynamic player out of the team.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Going to be honest here but unless he's playing in a front 2 with Boyce, I can't really see a clear cut space in the team for Naismith.

If it's only one up front, he's understudy to Boyce. If we play a 4-2-3-1, the three should be Roberts and Ginelly on the wings with Walker in the hole behind Boyce. Haring (when fit) and Irving as the pivots for me. 

Luckily we're in a weaker division than we should be so he will do fine, but in my personal opinion (as of right now) he is no longer in my strongest 11. 

I know he's the captain but I can't help feel that more often than not he's going to be keeping a more dynamic player out of the team.

Been saying this for ages! It’s a hard decision but one that needs to be made. 

51 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Boyce and Naismith are both injury prone - no chance we will get a full season out of them.

we desperately need a quality striker to put away the chances our wingers will create - Wighton is not the answer.

32 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Spot on!

Allowayjambo1874
32 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Jeezus! One game in! Give the lad a chance. We created plenty of chances and on any other day would have scored 3 or 4 easily. We’ll create plenty. All the lad needs is a goal or two and that I’ll do his confidence all the good. If not just remember we’ve got Boycie, Naisy and Walker in attack! 

Nothing to worry about! 

23 competitive games for Hearts. 0 goals. 0 assists. 
striker.

SectionFJambo

We don't need a new striker. Our fans really seem to want a lot. We have Naismith and Boyce and a few options at back up. It's a truncated season with less games. Unless Naismith or Boyce get serious injuries - in which case we get a freebie in - we go with them.

I can't imagine sitting on our bench is that desirable to a player who wants to play regularly and is capable of doing so, so what's the point in bring in someone happy to sit on the bench.

wattie exploited
49 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I will book mark this.

hope so :rifle:

51 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

you can bookmark this.

That should've been tonight but unfortunately fluffed his lines on both occasions.

He could cost us dear this season. With a truncated fixture list, we can't afford passengers in any part of the team.

Pasquale for King

If we play with two wingers we will create enough chances for anyone to score, it’s fitting Walker/Naismith/Boyce into 9/10 that’s the big problem. 

Sow - not for me, he's not being the same since his injury.

Zeefuik - again not for me, according to Transfermarket he hasn't played for 3 years. He's also now 30 which could also be stones as well as years.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Groatallar said:

Sow - not for me, he's not being the same since his injury.

Zeefuik - again not for me, according to Transfermarket he hasn't played for 3 years. He's also now 30 which could also be stones as well as years.

Couldn’t be any worse that wighton 

Tynecastlesmychurch
5 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

23 competitive games for Hearts. 0 goals. 0 assists. 
striker.

Ohhh well when you put it like that I guess I won’t play him then...

Aww naw I don’t pick the team. And neither do you. Robbie does. And Gaffer Neilson wants to give the lad a chance. So his previous record doesn’t really matter does it? So considering he wants to give him a chance and we still have Boyce to come back. Maybe all the football manager experts should calm the **** down and enjoy our win tonight! 😉

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Neilson is giving Wighton a chance in the league cup before committing to another striker. Seems sensible.

Sensible comment. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Couldn’t be any worse that wighton 

Totally agree even if they didn't play they couldn't contribute any less. 

We definitely need to get someone in. 

Wighton just doesn't look up to it. 

If something happens to Boyce, we're in deep trouble.

5 hours ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Ohhh well when you put it like that I guess I won’t play him then...

Aww naw I don’t pick the team. And neither do you. Robbie does. And Gaffer Neilson wants to give the lad a chance. So his previous record doesn’t really matter does it? So considering he wants to give him a chance and we still have Boyce to come back. Maybe all the football manager experts should calm the **** down and enjoy our win tonight! 😉

Think you need to calm down. 😉

8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Bring Sow or Zeefuik back

Oh for crying out loud, some things just never seem to go away.

What are Lee Miller and Rudi Skacel doing now?