Jump to content

Nostalgic Pictures of Hearts FC.


maroonlegions

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Angel eyes

    77

  • farin

    52

  • maroonlegions

    34

  • dannymack

    32

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

20201005_202520.jpg

A look into the future.......3 of the finest attackers ever in maroon. Their training top numbers add up to Robbo’s goal tally versus Hibs.  
 

😁

Edited by Debut 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a brilliant thread. Even with the not so good Hearts teams its been an honour to support the Jambos and all those fantastic photos have brought home how much I've missed my trips to Tynecastle

Thanks everyone

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

 Their training top numbers add up to Robbo’s goal tally versus Hibs.  
 

😁

Well spotted, D.  👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Looking at Zico straight through Gary's ears

 

😊 

 

Harsh, but funny, FV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, otterjohn said:

What a brilliant thread. Even with the not so good Hearts teams its been an honour to support the Jambos and all those fantastic photos have brought home how much I've missed my trips to Tynecastle

Thanks everyone

 

Great post, bud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
millerjames398
4 hours ago, martoon said:

 

35 years I've wondered what JC was looking at? 

He's been more than accommodating, to any of us, who ask him all sorts of questions on Twitter..if you have Twitter 🤷🏼‍♂️🇱🇻

Link to post
Share on other sites
millerjames398
3 hours ago, George Cowie said:

Two photos from a camera that was until a couple of years ago dumped in my attic - undeveloped !

I'd forgotten what was on it - it was that fateful day - :(

08CBBA49-A038-4699-8D02-804B9E6BA9A7.jpeg

6CF61B03-1005-4972-99D3-9D3F3CB68110.jpeg

Nice pair of diadoras, on the sprinter in the white sweater👍🏼 the big fella with a copper hangin off him, in the denim plimsoles..not so much😖😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
willie wallace

I can remember watching this team but not the keeper.

Any ideas

Dunno what happened with the photo😯

Edited by willie wallace
Add text
Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
6 hours ago, martoon said:

 

V. Hamburg?

More likely Leipzig. We got humped 4-1 at home by Hamburg. Drew Busby didn't score against Hamburg, but I'm fairly sure he did against Leipzig.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

More likely Leipzig. We got humped 4-1 at home by Hamburg. Drew Busby didn't score against Hamburg, but I'm fairly sure he did against Leipzig.

It was Willie Gibson who scored again Hamburg

Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
44 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

More likely Leipzig. We got humped 4-1 at home by Hamburg. Drew Busby didn't score against Hamburg, but I'm fairly sure he did against Leipzig.

Busby scored a header against Leipzeig at the school end, I think it's that goal in the picture above. Drew was a very fine headerer of the ball. I remember him scoring a cracking diving header against Killie at the Gorgie Road end too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Busby scored a header against Leipzeig at the school end, I think it's that goal in the picture above. Drew was a very fine headerer of the ball. I remember him scoring a cracking diving header against Killie at the Gorgie Road end too.

The midweek cup tie? We won 2-0 in front of a big crowd. The game that Willie Bauld finally returned to Tynecastle for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The midweek cup tie? We won 2-0 in front of a big crowd. The game that Willie Bauld finally returned to Tynecastle for.

Against kilmarnock

Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
26 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The midweek cup tie? We won 2-0 in front of a big crowd. The game that Willie Bauld finally returned to Tynecastle for.

No. This was a league game and Drew's header was the equaliser in a 1-1 draw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, brux said:

Still miss the shed.

20201006_014825.jpg

The excitement as a kid going through the McLeod street turnstiles seeing the shed packed and the tv cameras in the gantry was brilliant.  That pic brings it all back.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Ashamed to say I’m struggling with three of those players

 

Back row-  Sandy Clark, ?, Roddy McDonald, Brian Whittaker, CL, Neil Berry, Ian Jardine

Middle- Andy Watson, Jimmy Sandison, Henry, ?,?

Front- JC, Gary Mackay, Zico, Kenny Black, Robbo.

 

Top row is Malcolm Murray

Is the guy next to Henry not George Cowie?

 

Not sure of the last one. McNaughton?

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was but a young lad I used to have a poster on my bedroom wall of the 1968 cup final squad. I’m pretty sure it was taken just before the final in black and white on ‘shiny’ paper and was likely produced by the Evening News.  Anyone remember this or has a copy they could post up? I remember It also included the Lord Provost ( Herbert Brechin ) as I was quite fascinated by his name. You didn’t get many Herberts in Bonnyrigg, at that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, willie wallace said:

I can remember watching this team but not the keeper.

Any ideas

Dunno what happened with the photo😯

Brian mcginley?

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The excitement as a kid going through the McLeod street turnstiles seeing the shed packed and the tv cameras in the gantry was brilliant.  That pic brings it all back.  

I had forgotten going into the shed and checking if the TV cameras were there. Even back then when only 2 games each weekend were covered the TV companies couldn't see past the uglies so usually they were deserted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimbojambo said:

I had forgotten going into the shed and checking if the TV cameras were there. Even back then when only 2 games each weekend were covered the TV companies couldn't see past the uglies so usually they were deserted.

Also when playing against the ugliest and nearly all of the press photographers changed ends to go behind the hearts goal line.  'You're at the wrong effen end..'

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

More likely Leipzig. We got humped 4-1 at home by Hamburg. Drew Busby didn't score against Hamburg, but I'm fairly sure he did against Leipzig.

 

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

Also when playing against the ugliest and nearly all of the press photographers changed ends to go behind the hearts goal line.  'You're at the wrong effen end..'

It wasn't just the photographer's changing ends as the fans did too so could get tasty as we passed one another half way round. And looking for someone with a programme to check the half time scores and laughing when they would put up a number then take it down again as it was wrong. All this while being serenaded by Jimmy Shand playing the Bluebell Polka. As someone said it was a different world back then and one that I am glad that I inhabited 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s kind of a myth that Rangers and Celtic were on all the time, certainly on more than most,  definitely not all the time, certainly nothing like as much as they are on now

I can clearly recall seeing the likes of Ayr v Motherwell , St.Mirren v Falkirk , Hearts v Ayr was highlighted on a few occasions.

It was definitely spread around far more than it is now, the TV companies are only interested in viewing figures now, nothing else matters, what I’m saying is it wasn’t always as obvious as it is now, despite what people will have you believe.

Edited by jbee647
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, brux said:

Still miss the shed.

20201006_014825.jpg

Brilliant photo. Gotta be honest, going to the game has never been the same for me since the terracing went, I am just so grateful that I was around in times like this photo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

It wasn't just the photographer's changing ends as the fans did too so could get tasty as we passed one another half way round. And looking for someone with a programme to check the half time scores and laughing when they would put up a number then take it down again as it was wrong. All this while being serenaded by Jimmy Shand playing the Bluebell Polka. As someone said it was a different world back then and one that I am glad that I inhabited 😀

I can't remember changing ends, but I remember paying in at McLeod street in my first derby and being surprised to see it was hibs fans behind the goals and having to walk past them all.  It was that 1-1 game when I think it was McLeod who got a 98th minute equaliser... 

I missed the frankie says o'connor derby and never saw us best them until the 3-2 robbos first goals against them.  I even remember in 79 walking up London road two weeks in a row after getting best 2-1 both times.  One a Scottish cup quarter final.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

It’s kind of a myth that Rangers and Celtic were on all the time, certainly on more than most,  definitely not all the time, certainly nothing like as much as they are on now

I can clearly recall seeing the likes of Ayr v Motherwell , St.Mirren v Falkirk , Hearts v Ayr was highlighted on a few occasions.

It was definitely spread around far more than it is now, the TV companies are only interested in viewing figures now, nothing else matters, what I’m saying is it wasn’t always as obvious as it is now, despite what people will have you believe.

I also remember them being there for quite a few games not against the old firm.  The ugliest weren't dominating the game at that time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I also remember them being there for quite a few games not against the old firm.  The ugliest weren't dominating the game at that time. 

You are correct, I was making more reference to the 1970’s, during the early 80s Aberdeen and Dundee United were highlighted far more than anyone else, whether it in League or European games, obviously due to the success they achieved at that period in time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

You are correct, I was making more reference to the 1970’s, during the early 80s Aberdeen and Dundee United were highlighted far more than anyone else, whether it in League or European games, obviously due to the success they achieved at that period in time.

A wee bit off topic.  I know people say that we went to a ten team league in 75ish due to too many meaningless games, but was the fact that Celtic were winning there nine in a row also a factor? 

Sorry for going off topic here. 

Edited by Auldbenches
Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
38 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

It wasn't just the photographer's changing ends as the fans did too so could get tasty as we passed one another half way round. And looking for someone with a programme to check the half time scores and laughing when they would put up a number then take it down again as it was wrong. All this while being serenaded by Jimmy Shand playing the Bluebell Polka. As someone said it was a different world back then and one that I am glad that I inhabited 😀

Ah, the Bluebell Polka.

Nostalgia 

Link to post
Share on other sites
iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

It wasn't just the photographer's changing ends as the fans did too so could get tasty as we passed one another half way round. And looking for someone with a programme to check the half time scores and laughing when they would put up a number then take it down again as it was wrong. All this while being serenaded by Jimmy Shand playing the Bluebell Polka. As someone said it was a different world back then and one that I am glad that I inhabited 😀

And the Edinburgh City Brass/Silver band playing before the game. The players running onto the park at two minutes to three for the kick off. No warm up in those days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...