maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Maroonlegions, you post some pish but this thread is a winner. Nice work

:pleasing:

:hypno:

:fonzie:

On 07/10/2020 at 06:50, John Findlay said:

What a great post from Bob Sharp.

My absentia was 1979-2005(lived in Portsmouth). I made the odd game when on leave before I got married or when my ship was in Rosyth, Faslane, Aberdeen or Dundee.

1985 travelled down on the train for Derby game against Hibs. Hearts won 2-1. Was with my dad, we had a pint pre- match in the Green tree. It was the first time I had seen Hearts beat Hibs in the flesh at Tynecastle since September 8th 1973. Twelve bloody years!.

April 5th 1986. Cup semi final against Dundee United and the John Colquhoun cracker to win it. I wasnt there, as I was with my then wife at St Mary's maternity hospital in Portsmouth as she was giving birth to our daughter Rebecca.

What a day. Becoming a dad for the first time and Hearts reaching the Scottish cup final.

November 89. Ship is in Aberdeen and again I get the train down as Hearts are at home to Dundee. The only top flight game getting played that Saturday as I believe Scotland were playing.

Hearts 6 Dundee 3. Great journey back to Aberdeen on the train after that one.

Listening to the UEFA Cup quarter final both legs on the BBC world service whilst out on Armilla patrol in the Persian Gulf. Going absolute tonto in the MCO(Main Communications Office) when Ian Ferguson scored his howitzer free kick at Tynecastle to beat the German giants Bayern Munich.

Totally crestfallen in the same place two weeks later as Bayern scraped through by the skin of the teeth or the width of the woodwork.

My dad sending out the video of both legs to me, and despite knowing the outcome, me watching it proud as punch, as Heart of Midlothian were the last British team in Europe that season.

I wouldnt swop these memories for anything.

That is probably my favourite game at tynie that wasn't against a bigger team. J C hat trick, shed was bouncing.

maroonlegions

22, 22, undefeated ....  Easter Road..

Was there that day.... HHGH FTH.

120765365_3026553470789971_7136029998702600306_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

been here before
31 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

A36-C4-E5-F-0-D60-4-FB0-9805-B0872-BBEEF

This snap apparently is or was behind the Roseburn?

Eh?

Behind the Roseburn?

3 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

7-A33-B161-0694-4-BFD-B992-0-A21-B18-DBE
When I started going to Hearts games this chap was more often than not there pittodrie, fir park, east end in all weathers and he had the same gear on usually a plain maroon sweat top the Scottish winters surly didn’t bother him......fair play👋

I thought his name was Leonard from the Porty bus

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Eh?

Behind the Roseburn?

No it’s not if I’d read the info properly apologies......

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Jock Stein in foreground ?

Aye class act if it had been Lennon he’d be rolling about pretending to be hit by a coin.

image.jpeg

ferenc puskas
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

His hair is alot white now.

His name is Louis (pronounced Louie) dont know his surname though. Total Jambo.

3 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Max Christie is the boy beside him, the blonde lad...as a Jambo bookworm, I dont know who that is either, ie top left...clearly a young lad for legs in tge team, but no sure...its not Tommy Harrison but i will at least make a guess....Tommy Harrison with a hair cut....

The lad beside Max is Jason Young, the late great Golden Vision, Alex’s, son..

airdriejambo3
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

120738803_3024352251010093_8666330590802581091_n.jpg

I really wish the stars could have aligned for Henry and he could have held on at Hearts for an extra 2 years and had a sub goalie spot in 1998 (which didn't exist yet). Although I have to say I am still bewildered by the what happened at Dens in the League cup in 95. (what a game that was to be at btw)

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Dave McPhersons hair 

Iain Ferguson looking jaked

Fair old team that.

I'd be the cheese in that sandwich. 

1 minute ago, My half sister said:

what were we celebrating?

I think that was the Slavia Prague game when Glynn Snodden scored a screamer in the last few minutes👍

millerjames398
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Dave McPhersons hair 

Iain Ferguson looking jaked

Fair old team that.

Quality, was this after we'd beat Falkirk last day, and hibs done us a wee favour beating celtic at darkhead 2 1?

Dusseldorfer
4 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Max Christie is the boy beside him, the blonde lad...as a Jambo bookworm, I dont know who that is either, ie top left...clearly a young lad for legs in tge team, but no sure...its not Tommy Harrison but i will at least make a guess....Tommy Harrison with a hair cut....

I think it's Max Christie top left, standing next to Jason Young

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Great photos for testing the old memory !!  Just some guesses -

Photo 1 - Jock Stein in foreground ?

Photo 2 - Timothy outside the shed ?  Mind you, in the 1971 cup replay most of the shed was occupied by them

Photo 3 - Late 60s ?   Donald Ford (9) and Roald Jensen to his left ?

Photo 4 - JJ and John Gallacher.  Tommy Burns & George McCluskey ? 

Photo 5 - Alan Anderson.  Don't recognise the Celts

Photo 6 - Kenny Garland (?)  Dave Clunie, George Donaldson (?), David Hay, JJ, Dalglish, Jimmy Cant

That picture of Hearts and Celtic remind me of one night game in the spring, a game that had been postponed in the winter. It was a warmish night and the crowd was just like that I was right behind the goals on the track when something happened they didn't like. They started to scream and curse, I had never experienced it before nor since but their breath from the shouting came down at me and was actually warm, and the faces were so absolutely angry I thought I better start how does it go "our father who art in heaven help me". It must just have been the warm night, and my exact position right in the middle but it was intimidating.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, My half sister said:

what were we celebrating?

Was this the season we qualified for Europe on the last day, courtesy of Hibs beating Celtic at Parkhead?

I remember it happening one season but maybe not this one. Hibs fans were as livid as we were delighted.

SectionDJambo
22 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Was this the season we qualified for Europe on the last day, courtesy of Hibs beating Celtic at Parkhead?

I remember it happening one season but maybe not this one. Hibs fans were as livid as we were delighted.

Just saw someone suggested this before me. Could be then.

millerjames398
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Just saw someone suggested this before me. Could be then.

If it is, then it was a great day, started off thinkin we'd finished 3rd after a good start to the season, never in a million yrs thought hibs could or would get anything through there, but being the gift that keeps giving actually beat them, sure Iain ferguson and eamonn Bannon scored our goals, and i could be wrong but i think john Collins scored the winner for hibs after agreeing to join celtic in the summer, mad scenes at then end with players lobbing bits of their kit into the school end, an unsung day in our history 😆🇱🇻

On 08/10/2020 at 14:48, Mikey1874 said:

From some other 'supporters' online 

20201008_144714.jpg

20201008_144709.jpg

20201008_144645.jpg

20201008_144919.jpg

20201008_145726.jpg

20201008_145832.jpg

16 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Great photos for testing the old memory !!  Just some guesses -

Photo 1 - Jock Stein in foreground ?

Photo 2 - Timothy outside the shed ?  Mind you, in the 1971 cup replay most of the shed was occupied by them

Photo 3 - Late 60s ?   Donald Ford (9) and Roald Jensen to his left ?

Photo 4 - JJ and John Gallacher.  Tommy Burns & George McCluskey ? 

Photo 5 - Alan Anderson.  Don't recognise the Celts

Photo 6 - Kenny Garland (?)  Dave Clunie, George Donaldson (?), David Hay, JJ, Dalglish, Jimmy Cant

Yes. A few more 

20201010_105854.jpg

20201010_110100.jpg

20201010_105935.jpg

I used to go over the wee bridge at back of the Hearts badge in the main stand to get to my usual spot  in the enclosure.

Anyone got a picture of that?