***Offishull Hearts v ICT thread.***

upgotheheads

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

What's the matter with you guys? 2 days to our first meaningful fixture for about 6 months and it's left to an Old Geezer to start a thread FFS.

3-0 Hearts, really buzzing for this, Premier sports primed for event.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• letsalldothebeattie

• neilnunb

• GinRummy

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Hibs are on 1 point out of 9 against proper opposition this season!!

And?? They’ve beaten everyone else. We would bite their hand off to be in their form in the top flight. They’ve beat St Johnston in Perth, ten years ago since we done that. Just beat Hamilton at home, we didn’t do that once last season. Beaten Killie at home, something we haven’t done for a while. We all hate hibs, I get that, but to pretend they aren’t in great form is stupid. 

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

And?? They’ve beaten everyone else. We would bite their hand off to be in their form in the top flight. They’ve beat St Johnston in Perth, ten years ago since we done that. Just beat Hamilton at home, we didn’t do that once last season. Beaten Killie at home, something we haven’t done for a while. We all hate hibs, I get that, but to pretend they aren’t in great form is stupid. 

Outside the top 4, the SPL is in financial meltdown and every side has regressed hugely on last season.

I think our full strength team would be top 5 at a minimum in this year’s top flight... and its crazy to compare St Johnstone under Callum Davidson to the teams of Tommy Wright.

Narrow win would be fine by me.

Still think we're a bit short up front, particularly with Boyce being on ID, but, hopefully Walker or one of the new lads can get the goal or two required.

Little or no faith in Wighton but would love to be proved wrong.

32 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Is it on Hearts Tv?

Not in the UK (don't know about outside the UK). On Premier Sports. See Premier Sports thread for how to sign up for one month for a quid, getting you both Hearts home league cup games.

39 minutes ago, martoon said:

Narrow win would be fine by me.

Still think we're a bit short up front, particularly with Boyce being on ID, but, hopefully Walker or one of the new lads can get the goal or two required.

Little or no faith in Wighton but would love to be proved wrong.

Yeah my biggest concern is lack of striking options. Dont think we will run away with this, more likely scrape a 1-0, possibly 2-0 with a late 2nd goal. Inverness will be up for this too. 

upgotheheads
24 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not in the UK (don't know about outside the UK). On Premier Sports. See Premier Sports thread for how to sign up for one month for a quid, getting you both Hearts home league cup games.

Oh, thats my plan for tomorrow night oot the windae. I was assuming it was part of the S/T deal. Have Hearts not made it possible to subscribe to it either?

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

FTH, that is all

I'm concerned about this one.

I don't want to rely on Wighton, and i dont want to have to choose between Naismith and Walker for the number 10 role.

I'm also concerned about our options at CB for the next few weeks. Berra and Souttar out, Haring not ready, Smith away with NI. If Halkett gets injured in the first minute on Tuesday night what are our options?

19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Oh, thats my plan for tomorrow night oot the windae. I was assuming it was part of the S/T deal. Have Hearts not made it possible to subscribe to it either?

No. Clubs are not allowed to show games that being shown live on TV. This applies to the Premiership as well as the League Cup. It will presumably apply to the Championship games selected for BBC, although I haven't been able to find the announcements that streaming would be allowed in the Championship which would probably be where that was confirmed.

upgotheheads

7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

No. Clubs are not allowed to show games that being shown live on TV. This applies to the Premiership as well as the League Cup. It will presumably apply to the Championship games selected for BBC, although I haven't been able to find the announcements that streaming would be allowed in the Championship which would probably be where that was confirmed.

So does that mean  the game is being shown by someone else, Sky or BBC maybe? I think it's already been announced that some Hearts games have been chosen for broadcast on BBC Scotland on Friday nights.

ChampionshipFri 16th October 2020

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

KO:19:45

DUNDEE

A

ChampionshipFri 23rd October 2020

ARBROATH

KO:19:45

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

Edited by upgotheheads

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

👌

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

See the Premier Sports thread for details. 

Thanks to @bazman

Needs a Sky or Virgin subscription then, I have neither. I take it that a pub with Sky would get it.

Maybe Hesgoal will do the job.

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Outside the top 4, the SPL is in financial meltdown and every side has regressed hugely on last season.

I think our full strength team would be top 5 at a minimum in this year’s top flight... and its crazy to compare St Johnstone under Callum Davidson to the teams of Tommy Wright.

We are in the championship. It’s crazy to pretend that we aren’t and that we haven’t been utter jobby for three seasons. We haven’t yet kicked a ball in anger and the last time I saw Hearts play we shat the bed and got beat off a St Mirren side that now sit bottom of the league. 

16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Thanks to @bazman

Needs a Sky or Virgin subscription then, I have neither. I take it that a pub with Sky would get it.

Get a VPN and sign up to HeartsTV international. Simples. 

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

Yeah my biggest concern is lack of striking options. Dont think we will run away with this, more likely scrape a 1-0, possibly 2-0 with a late 2nd goal. Inverness will be up for this too. 

Aye, I was full of it a few weeks back. 4, 5, 6...now that it's real?

Not so much. 😊

34 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Thanks to @bazman

You can sign up for the Premier Player, which is their online streaming service, without Sky or Virgin. The Premier Player is their online player, which just needs an internet connection. (Hesgoal, the pub or a VPN and Hearts World International might all be options too. Only one of those I have any experience of is the pub.)

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye, I was full of it a few weeks back. 4, 5, 6...now that it's real?

Not so much. 😊

It’ll be fine. They’re as rusty as we are, 3-0 at least.

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They have only played Elgin twice, Nairn and Clach, so I would like to think we have at least fitness edge.   

Really hoping we are aggressive from the off and none of this passive shit and easing into a game.

Kidd’s Boots

Right now I'd take a 1-0 off the back of anyone's head so long has we don't pick up any injuries. The rustiness of our Group opponents is probably the biggest danger we face imo

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

👍

Aye, yer quite right, bud. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'm concerned about this one.

I don't want to rely on Wighton, and i dont want to have to choose between Naismith and Walker for the number 10 role.

I'm also concerned about our options at CB for the next few weeks. Berra and Souttar out, Haring not ready, Smith away with NI. If Halkett gets injured in the first minute on Tuesday night what are our options?

Every club has these worries but we're better equipped to cope with injuries than the others in the division.

6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

In retrospect I don't think Halliday will play, as somebody else said he's short of fitness.

Maybe more like:

Gordon.

Brandon  Halkett  Popescu  Garuccio 

Lee     Irving

Roberts Naismith Walker 

Wighton

to start at least.

I'm for that team....I would like Irving to start every week if possible. 

julienbrellier

Gordon.

Halliday  Halkett  Popescu  Kingsley 

Haring     Irving

Roberts Walker Frear 

Naismith

I am aware that team won't play but if we are serious about winning we should go with that 11

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Every club has these worries but we're better equipped to cope with injuries than the others in the division.

I appreciate that, but we literally have no back up for the next few weeks.

Popescu and Halkett go for the same ball and knock heads and off a sudden it's Brandon and Garrucio at centre half.

Bazzas right boot

I'd go Wighton and Naismith up top with walker behind. 

I think we'll control the game but expect a 2-0, maybe 3.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Gordon.

Halliday  Halkett  Popescu  Kingsley 

Haring     Irving

Roberts Walker Frear 

Naismith

I am aware that team won't play but if we are serious about winning we should go with that 11

I think we will be serious about winning no matter the team sheet. 

Has Kingsley signed, if so I can't see him starting straight away. 

David McCaig
3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

We are in the championship. It’s crazy to pretend that we aren’t and that we haven’t been utter jobby for three seasons. We haven’t yet kicked a ball in anger and the last time I saw Hearts play we shat the bed and got beat off a St Mirren side that now sit bottom of the league. 

Totally different ball game with Robbie back at the helm and Craig Gordon in goals.  Add a fully fit Haring into the mix and we are clearly a top 5 SPL side.

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Totally different ball game with Robbie back at the helm and Craig Gordon in goals.  Add a fully fit Haring into the mix and we are clearly a top 5 SPL side.

Hope so. 

Craig Wighton admits he is determined to grasp his Hearts lifeline and prove he is good enough to earn a new contract.

The striker thought his days at Tynecastle were numbered when he was allowed to join Arbroath on loan in January after only managing 94 minutes of Premiership action during an injury-hampered first half of the campaign.

However, manager Robbie Neilson, who returned to the club in the summer to replace Daniel Stendel, has made it clear that the 23-year-old will be a major part of his plans in this term’s Championship.

Wighton, who is in the last year of his contract, is set to lead the line in tonight’s Betfred Cup visit of Inverness with Liam Boyce on international duty with Northern Ireland.

And the former Scotland Under-21 international is desperate to finally get his Hearts career off the ground after joining from Dundee two years ago in a reported £180,000 deal.

Wighton said: “It’s been a tough couple of years and everyone knows that. 

“The manager came in and said to me straight away that it’s down to me. 

“I’ve worked hard over lockdown and he has shown a lot of faith in me so far, so I’ll be looking to repay that.

“It makes it a lot easier when a manager likes you, I had the opposite of that last season when the manager came in. 

“If the previous manager was still here I probably would have had to look elsewhere. It’s these wee breaks in football you get.

“I’ve had a lot of criticism since I’ve been here but that’s always going to happen if you join a club for money and you don’t perform. 

“It’s not something I try to look into. Sometimes it’s hard but the fans pay their money and at the end of the day they can say what they want.

“I’m just looking to try and prove people wrong. This is my last year here so I’m fighting for my future.”

With Boyce away with his country, Wighton, who has impressed in pre-season, is determined to make the most of the Betfred Cup group campaign ahead of the opening Championship match at home to Dundee on October 16.

He added: “Sometimes you need that wee bit of luck. 

“I’m sure Boycie will want to get himself back in the team once he’s back here, so it’s good to have that competition. 

“If you don’t hit the ground running, there’s competition for places all over the place in this squad.

“It’s been the longest most of us have not played. As good as it’s been playing pre-season games it’s completely different when the real stuff starts.”

Hearts manager Neilson, meanwhile, hopes the fans watching on from afar will be encouraged by what they see in their first game since losing that fateful match at St Mirren on March 11.

He said: “The players have been good and very receptive of what we want to do. 

“There’s still a way to go with some things we want to do. 

“We’ve had nine weeks training-wise and we still want to add one or two to the squad which will change the dynamic again.

“Player-wise, we’ve changed quite a bit and we’ve managed to freshen things up. 

“If you look at the team that finished just before lock down, it’s totally different from the one that will start on Tuesday night. 

“We’ve got that freshness and we’re going into a campaign where we’re expected to win every game and we want to start that against Inverness.”

Sitting in bed with my morning cuppa tea, and I'm buzzing, it's matchday! Even though it's only  on my pc, I'll be wearing maroon and roaring on the boys tonight. 'Mon the Heeeeeeaaarrrrttttsss ! 

7 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Craig Wighton admits he is determined to grasp his Hearts lifeline and prove he is good enough to earn a new contract.

The striker thought his days at Tynecastle were numbered when he was allowed to join Arbroath on loan in January after only managing 94 minutes of Premiership action during an injury-hampered first half of the campaign.

However, manager Robbie Neilson, who returned to the club in the summer to replace Daniel Stendel, has made it clear that the 23-year-old will be a major part of his plans in this term’s Championship.

Wighton, who is in the last year of his contract, is set to lead the line in tonight’s Betfred Cup visit of Inverness with Liam Boyce on international duty with Northern Ireland.

And the former Scotland Under-21 international is desperate to finally get his Hearts career off the ground after joining from Dundee two years ago in a reported £180,000 deal.

Wighton said: “It’s been a tough couple of years and everyone knows that. 

“The manager came in and said to me straight away that it’s down to me. 

“I’ve worked hard over lockdown and he has shown a lot of faith in me so far, so I’ll be looking to repay that.

“It makes it a lot easier when a manager likes you, I had the opposite of that last season when the manager came in. 

“If the previous manager was still here I probably would have had to look elsewhere. It’s these wee breaks in football you get.

“I’ve had a lot of criticism since I’ve been here but that’s always going to happen if you join a club for money and you don’t perform. 

“It’s not something I try to look into. Sometimes it’s hard but the fans pay their money and at the end of the day they can say what they want.

“I’m just looking to try and prove people wrong. This is my last year here so I’m fighting for my future.”

With Boyce away with his country, Wighton, who has impressed in pre-season, is determined to make the most of the Betfred Cup group campaign ahead of the opening Championship match at home to Dundee on October 16.

He added: “Sometimes you need that wee bit of luck. 

“I’m sure Boycie will want to get himself back in the team once he’s back here, so it’s good to have that competition. 

“If you don’t hit the ground running, there’s competition for places all over the place in this squad.

“It’s been the longest most of us have not played. As good as it’s been playing pre-season games it’s completely different when the real stuff starts.”

Hearts manager Neilson, meanwhile, hopes the fans watching on from afar will be encouraged by what they see in their first game since losing that fateful match at St Mirren on March 11.

He said: “The players have been good and very receptive of what we want to do. 

“There’s still a way to go with some things we want to do. 

“We’ve had nine weeks training-wise and we still want to add one or two to the squad which will change the dynamic again.

“Player-wise, we’ve changed quite a bit and we’ve managed to freshen things up. 

“If you look at the team that finished just before lock down, it’s totally different from the one that will start on Tuesday night. 

“We’ve got that freshness and we’re going into a campaign where we’re expected to win every game and we want to start that against Inverness.”

Where’s this from?

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Where’s this from?

EEN - good thing about no fans Being at games  is he can get a fair crack at it without being berated. Over the next month or so we’ll soon see if he has come on 

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

EEN - good thing about no fans Being at games  is he can get a fair crack at it without being berated. Over the next month or so we’ll soon see if he has come on 

Hopefully. 

Harry Potter
23 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Hope they get pumped.

Hearts have missed a trick this season by not allowing people from the uk to subscribe to hearts tv international to watch the games, it's not like it is going to make attendances lower and it would have been extra cash for the club.

You can VPN Hearts international though ensuring the club get the cash rather than Premier sports.

Edited by dsk1210

17 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I appreciate that, but we literally have no back up for the next few weeks.

Popescu and Halkett go for the same ball and knock heads and off a sudden it's Brandon and Garrucio at centre half.

Add to that an as yet far from fit Haring who could deputise and maybe even Halliday who is in a similar position. So I agree totally and think we need another CB asap. 

Only good thing about Covid is you can get your jambo top on and sit on the couch,  drink throughout game, sing/swear/throw insults without fear of being kicked out (although could well scare the dog) and not have to bother about getting a bus home. Come on the jambos 💓 

Apologies if this has been asked already but does anyone know any decent pubs in Edinburgh that'll be showing the game? 

4 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Apologies if this has been asked already but does anyone know any decent pubs in Edinburgh that'll be showing the game? 

Tynecastle Arms and Murrayfield Sports bar are both showing but you have to book a table in advance.  Also Footlights and the Globe have Premier sports so I'd imagine they will show the match.

56 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

Hearts have missed a trick this season by not allowing people from the uk to subscribe to hearts tv international to watch the games, it's not like it is going to make attendances lower and it would have been extra cash for the club.

You can VPN Hearts international though ensuring the club get the cash rather than Premier sports.

Hearts don’t own the rights so can’t do that. 

17 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Only good thing about Covid is you can get your jambo top on and sit on the couch,  drink throughout game, sing/swear/throw insults without fear of being kicked out (although could well scare the dog) and not have to bother about getting a bus home. Come on the jambos 💓 

Correct. 🤣

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct. 🤣

I regularly get told "shut up your scaring the dogs" 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic