Only 3 subs

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Like others I think it might well be to our advantage.

But this is plain crazy. In a league structure there might be some rationale for the top league to be different from the others or the top two to be different from.the others. But the second tier being different from the top and bottom.two?

Totally agree and it makes wonder how many other rules have been voted for on a league by league basis. I'm certainly not aware of any other time the lower leagues have not all had the same rules.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• David Black

• Beni

• John Findlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, five wan said:

Rules should be consistent across all the spfl leagues, and not specific to just one league, there should have been a vote by all 42 clubs and not just by each league.

why are there now different rules for different leagues and different competitions?

You can’t make this up!

corrupt to the core

It's absurd beyond words. 

Maybe the SPFL should implement different offside rules for different leagues as well.

Ibrahim Tall

Seems short sighted as hell in an attempt to ‘stop’ us bringing on 5 good players. Our squad will be big enough and deep enough to rotate some players on a weekly basis and our players should be fresh, the shitey teams will be forced to field virtually the same 11 every single week.

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Does anyone know which way/if Hearts voted?

Perhaps we should find out our clubs stance on this before we lambast all and sundry.

Fair post but it does not Change the issue that we have a social club type committee set up and that is the farce. 

What way we vote is irrelevant imo, just like if it where St Mirren in our position and we voted them down initially, it's the voting system, mindset, selfishness and general incompetence that boils  my piss about the way our game is run and governed. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

The Old Tolbooth
12 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Laughable indeed and we are a joke of a league. But nothing will change unless someone significant puts their head above the parapet and calls it out.

Totally agree mate, I'd like another FoH statement seeing as they can't be touched 

13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Like others I think it might well be to our advantage.

But this is plain crazy. In a league structure there might be some rationale for the top league to be different from the others or the top two to be different from.the others. But the second tier being different from the top and bottom.two?

Yep,

Whether this ultimately benefits Hearts or not isn't the point.

It's the differentials and how and why we are where we are.

Bazzas right boot
On 30/09/2020 at 11:37, DC_92 said:

Leagues 1 and 2 have voted to introduce the 5 subs rule, so the Championship is the only division in the SPFL where the maximum of 3 is in place.

Clearly done to stop us getting an advantage, but I don't think we'll need it.

Is that true? 

Bazzas right boot

We need to go full out "Cobra Kai" on every team in this division , on and off the park. 

14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It’s not. It will not favour Hearts who have bigger squad of players compared to other Championship clubs - and right now I only care about Hearts!

The point I'm making is big squads kill football. 2 subs from 3 is about right in my opinion. 5 subs out of God knows how many favours wealthy clubs who can stockpile talent that otherwise would be spread around. 

Edited by Forkbeard

9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's absurd beyond words. 

Maybe the SPFL should implement different offside rules for different leagues as well.

They already do for two top flight teams :ninja:

21 minutes ago, Forkbeard said:

The point I'm making is big squads kill football. 2 subs from 3 is about right in my opinion. 5 subs out of God knows how many favours wealthy clubs who can stockpile talent that otherwise would be spread around. 

Right now ai only care about Hearts - and only 3 subs is a disadvantage to us.

There is now more chance of us hammering the other teams now that there is only 3 subs again.  Good news, no idea why they didn't vote for 5, unless they aren't planning on having that many players in their squads.  More the fool them.

17 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It’s not. It will not favour Hearts who have bigger squad of players compared to other Championship clubs - and right now I only care about Hearts!

There is no reason it should not work in Hearts favour,our subs will be better quality than the other clubs.

18 minutes ago, ford donald said:

There is no reason it should not work in Hearts favour,our subs will be better quality than the other clubs.

Disagree

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Right now ai only care about Hearts - and only 3 subs is a disadvantage to us.

OK mush, I understand your 'only hearts' stance but why did you reply to my opinion which was neither for or against 5 subs, only my belief the best way forward for football would be smaller squads with maximum 2 subs. 

7 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Prefer 3 subs tbh. 5 breaks up the game too much. 

There's no difference. Maximum of 6 (3 for each team) times during play. 

The Internet
38 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There's no difference. Maximum of 6 (3 for each team) times during play. 

Yeah i didn't mean breaks up the game in terms of time I meant it always feels more disjointed/like a friendly when teams are making 5 subs, basically swapping out half their team during the game. It made sense to begin with (kind of) but not so much now. 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah i didn't mean breaks up the game in terms of time I meant it always feels more disjointed/like a friendly when teams are making 5 subs, basically swapping out half their team during the game. It made sense to begin with (kind of) but not so much now. 

Cheers.

Yeah agree. 

1 hour ago, ford donald said:

My thinking too.  Players will be fitter and can last 90 min while opponents are blowing out their bottoms.

Can't decide whether I believe it's good or bad for Hearts but the overwhelming feeling is one of resignation that, once again, by having different rules for leagues within the same organisation (especially where leagues 1, 3 and 4 have the same rules) that organisation is shown to be completely incapable of running the game in this country. 

It shouldn't even have gone to a club vote...

7 hours ago, Forkbeard said:

OK mush, I understand your 'only hearts' stance but why did you reply to my opinion which was neither for or against 5 subs, only my belief the best way forward for football would be smaller squads with maximum 2 subs. 

You are entitled to your opinion “mush” but as I said right now I don’t give a toss about the greater good of football - I only care about Hearts and in my opinion voting out 5 subs is a disadvantage to Hearts.

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

St Mirren have named only 4 subs including goalkeeper tonight. 

Making a point?