Hickey's debut

Jamdub

Thank you all for the welcome, I just wanted to tell you that we will treat Aaron very well, he is already the darling of many of us.

Good luck to you all.

hickey-bologna.jpg

Edited by Marios
Modify

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• rudi must stay

• Riddley Walker

On 28/09/2020 at 23:29, Marios said:

Hi , I'm a Bologna FC supporter, Hickey played very well tonight and he was a real surprise for us.
In recent days we have made fun of him because he is very young and has a child's face, but tonight he amazed everyone.

Ciao and good luck.

Welcome to JKB Marios. 

All I can say is that most of us Hearts fans felt the same when Aaron first broke into our first team as a 16 year old.  It looked like a ball boy had somehow made it into the first team.  Three games later he played in a cup final for us and it was already clear that he was very advanced for his age. 

He seems to have the right attitude to succeed, for instance choosing to go to Bologna and be part of the first team squad rather than go to Bayern Munich and be a reserve player.  I hope he really blossoms as a player at Bologna and wish your team well.

37 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Welcome to JKB Marios. 

All I can say is that most of us Hearts fans felt the same when Aaron first broke into our first team as a 16 year old.  It looked like a ball boy had somehow made it into the first team.  Three games later he played in a cup final for us and it was already clear that he was very advanced for his age. 

He seems to have the right attitude to succeed, for instance choosing to go to Bologna and be part of the first team squad rather than go to Bayern Munich and be a reserve player.  I hope he really blossoms as a player at Bologna and wish your team well.

He was absolutely brilliant in that cup final if I remember correctly. Kept an in form Forrest quiet

6 minutes ago, Gone said:

He was absolutely brilliant in that cup final if I remember correctly. Kept an in form Forrest quiet

You remember correctly.  The youngest player to play in a Scottish cup final in the modern era, and he played with a maturity far beyond his 16 years.   I really hope he becomes a stand out player at Bologna then goes on to the likes of Bayern as a first team player.  

Riddley Walker
13 hours ago, Marios said:

This video is a small presentation to the Bologna FC fans, obviously it's for joking, I hope it makes you smile :)

Haha, this video has already become quite famous in Scotland 😂

On 28/09/2020 at 22:08, Pasquale for King said:

Bit harsh, can’t begrudge a young working class lad the chance to be the 4th Scot ever to play in Serie A instead of a tin pot league might be lucky to start or finish. Whilst becoming a millionaire, and making us over a million for starters.
If he had went to Celtic you may have a point though 😜

That's bugging me now. Souness and Jordan I can remember, but who's the other one?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

That's bugging me now. Souness and Jordan I can remember, but who's the other one?

Some guy called Denis Law.
He played for Huddersfield, Man City, Torino, Man Utd 
, then 4 times for City again helping to relegate Utd with that back heel goal 😆😂.

Oops Liam Henderson has been promoted with Verona so it’s five (should’ve googled it 🙈). 

Edited by Pasquale for King

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So called because his name was Law, and he was a man ?😃

You are familiar with the classics.

(Back when it was good, and McIlvanney was involved).

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Some guy called Denis Law.
He played for Huddersfield, Man City, Torino, Man Utd 
, then 4 times for City again helping to relegate Utd with that back heel goal 😆😂.

Oops Liam Henderson has been promoted with Verona so it’s five (should’ve googled it 🙈). 

Edited by jamborich

I hope he does well, think Serie A is ideal for him, he definitely has the technical ability and looks as though he has got taller and bulked up a bit. Has the potential to go to the very top of the game if he continues the way he is. Sometimes when you see a youngster breaking into the first team you get a sense pretty quickly they are going to be good. I got that the first time I watched him against Aberdeen at Pittodrie and can remember thinking the same the first time I watched Craig Gordon in goals. 

I'll certainly be taking more of an interest in Italian football. Can remember my dad taking me to the home tie against Bologna in the early 90's and sitting in the main stand next to the Bologna fans. First time I had been at a game where fans were letting flares off I couldn't believe it back then!

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Christ if that's the typical standard of opposition player he'll walk Serie A. You'd get shouted at at 5s for steaming in like that.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I hope he does well, think Serie A is ideal for him, he definitely has the technical ability and looks as though he has got taller and bulked up a bit. Has the potential to go to the very top of the game if he continues the way he is. Sometimes when you see a youngster breaking into the first team you get a sense pretty quickly they are going to be good. I got that the first time I watched him against Aberdeen at Pittodrie and can remember thinking the same the first time I watched Craig Gordon in goals. 

I'll certainly be taking more of an interest in Italian football. Can remember my dad taking me to the home tie against Bologna in the early 90's and sitting in the main stand next to the Bologna fans. First time I had been at a game where fans were letting flares off I couldn't believe it back then!

Same. He's up there with Robbo, McLaren, Gordon and Levein for me - it looks like he was born a first team footballer.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I wonder if Celtic or Rangers have any other promising younger players they're thinking of releasing. 

What were Celtic thinking? Bizarre. Mind you they let Andy Robertson go around the same age.

To be fair to clubs letting players go, sometimes they need to make a cull and make a tough decision on who gets a contract and who doesn't. Maybe he hadn't kicked on enough or showed enough when released. Certainly it has been to our benefit. 

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

To be fair to clubs letting players go, sometimes they need to make a cull and make a tough decision on who gets a contract and who doesn't. Maybe he hadn't kicked on enough or showed enough when released. Certainly it has been to our benefit. 

Celtic wanted to keep Hickey. He wasn't released. 

Can't remember him doing much press for Hearts. Must be quite daunting, 18 years old, new club and country and not knowing the language to be centre front like that

Edited by SkabalaJam

Watching the game and he appears to be playing as left wing back alongside a back 3.  Got the number 5 shirt.

Still looking really comfortable and seems to be in midfield quite a bit.

11 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Watching the game and he appears to be playing as left wing back alongside a back 3.  Got the number 5 shirt.

Only watched last 20 minutes of first half.

Slightly further back than last week.  Couple of good cross field passes, well timed tackles and getting well involved.

Seems fairly comfortable again.

12 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He's number 3. 

Playing reasonably well today though more so defensively as he hasn't had a huge amount of the ball in an attacking sense despite finding himself in good space a lot of the time. Bologna should probably be a couple up at half time but for some decent saves, not a great game though, pretty scrappy and Bennevento love a dive.  

3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

He's number 3. 

Playing reasonably well today though more so defensively as he hasn't had a huge amount of the ball in an attacking sense despite finding himself in good space a lot of the time. Bologna should probably be a couple up at half time but for some decent saves, not a great game though, pretty scrappy and Bennevento love a dive.  

Looked like a 5 on my low res stream.  😉

Line ups showing it as a back 4 too, but it looked more like 3 to me when they were playing.

Edited by Lovecraft

23 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Looked like a 5 on my low res stream.  😉

Line ups showing it as a back 4 too, but it looked more like 3 to me when they were playing.

Here's an easy way of telling what number he is even with a low res screen.

He will be number 3 in every game he plays this season.

😁

Perth to Paisley

There a "play" icon above how many minutes played

Less adventurous but doing okay 

Needs to demand more ball.

Suoerb Cross field 60 yard ball with right leg  .... surprised a few!

Should be winning 

Beaten to the ball from a corner for a Bennevento goal and subbed off. 

He wasn't having a bad game but certainly not the heights of last week. Bologna in general havent been great, a lot of huffing and puffing with no end result.

17 minutes ago, graygo said:

Here's an easy way of telling what number he is even with a low res screen.

He will be number 3 in every game he plays this season.

😁

Smart arse.

🙂

On 30/09/2020 at 17:31, ToqueJambo said:

Same. He's up there with Robbo, McLaren, Gordon and Levein for me - it looks like he was born a first team footballer.

Sorry but there is no modern Hearts player up there with Robbo.

Perth to Paisley

Poor defending but also poor of his teammates who let him match up with Lapadula who's a wily old fox in the box.

Learning process