**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

upgotheheads
13 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

They can bid. Does not mean he is going! Can see him going for £25 million.

Hmm, Brentford, or a top Serie A team, tough choice.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's the most talked about topic on JKB.  And perhaps the most tedious imo anyway!

I avoid it.  I hope it's 15% but how anyone would know unless the agent, Aaron or one of the clubs told them I duno!

McKinley talked about it at some Q&A a while ago where he mentioned a 6 figure sum but yet to hear a recording so really don't know if he meant it was a fixed, 6 figure amount or whether he expected it to be at least a 6 figure amount

Hickey's sell on seems to attract anyone with obsessive compulsive disorder. Be glad when he moves.....but not to Brentford. I'd be amazed if he went there

43 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Hmm, Brentford, or a top Serie A team, tough choice.

He knows it easier for us to get to watch Italian games so should be an easy choice. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

McKinley talked about it at some Q&A a while ago where he mentioned a 6 figure sum but yet to hear a recording so really don't know if he meant it was a fixed, 6 figure amount or whether he expected it to be at least a 6 figure amount

I took it as the latter. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I took it as the latter. 

I'd have said it was the most likely of the two but a number of folk seem fixated on the 6 figure part only

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

I'd have said it was the most likely of the two but a number of folk seem fixated on the 6 figure part only

They are indeed  😄

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

It was also briefly mentioned on the bbc documentary but no detail given

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

I'm one of those fixated on the 6 figure sum part.  If we had a percentage sell on clause, why would he not say that rather than speculate as to how much that could be worth?  He didn't say he expected at least a 6 figure sum.  

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'm one of those fixated on the 6 figure sum part.  If we had a percentage sell on clause, why would he not say that rather than speculate as to how much that could be worth?  He didn't say he expected at least a 6 figure sum.  

To reduce expectations? 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Brentford or AC Milan ? :rofl:

Can't wait for the EPL’s bubble to burst. 

folk still think the EPL bubble will burst.. and the globe will suddenly lose interest in the EPL .. ? 

btw I’d also go to Milan.. but there is no bubble bursting any time soon

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

folk still think the EPL bubble will burst.. and the globe will suddenly lose interest in the EPL .. ? 

btw I’d also go to Milan.. but there is no bubble bursting any time soon

More hope than anything Antti. Can’t stand the league 

44 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Probably been done to death before. Were Hearts in a particularly strong bargaining position? I'd say no. So could it be a six figure sum that varies depending  on the next transfer value but has a maximum to which it could be. 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

According to the BBC today, Hickey has been linked with an £18m move to… Brentford.

OK, we’d still get our slice of the fee. But… Brentford? Really?

Brentford's one of my local clubs and there's been a lot of Hickey chat for a few months. It's a well-run set up and there's a bit of a Scottish connection there - not that I feel that that matters to a young man who had the cojones to up sticks to Italy at a young age.

I very much doubt that Brentford is the height of Hickey's aspiration but it would be a decent stepping stone if he sees himself at one of Europe's top 8 clubs by the time he's 24. He'd have a spotlight on him without having a sky-high expectation to be winning trophies.

It may not come off. If, indeed, Milan have been eyeing him up, this first move by Brentford could well smoke them out. One thing (almost) for sure: if he came over to the Bees, he'd get a lot of game time. Would it be the same if he was at Milan?

Tokyo Drifter
4 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

According to the BBC today, Hickey has been linked with an £18m move to… Brentford.

OK, we’d still get our slice of the fee. But… Brentford? Really?

Good move, I'd say. Brentford are staying up so they're pretty minted. Gets to live in London. Couple of seasons there and they punt him for £25 million to one of the big teams, who'll still think they're getting a bargain. Robertson and Tierney have made the EP pathway a bit easier for Scottish players, especially defenders.

6 hours ago, Ribble said:

Maybe he thought Hickey wouldn't move for more than £10 million and we have a 10 per cent sell on clause..

3 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Probably been done to death before. Were Hearts in a particularly strong bargaining position? I'd say no. So could it be a six figure sum that varies depending  on the next transfer value but has a maximum to which it could be. 

Surely the point of a sell-on clause is that you agree to a slightly lower fee up-front in return for a slice of a future fee when you think the player will go on to bigger things? Because if so, it wouldn’t make sense to agree to a cap on the amount. You’d tell them to forget it and pay more up-front?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, maroonlegions said:

Fabrizio Romano reported a few weeks ago Newcastle are after him too. Let them fight and push the price up 😂 

2E85342B-3C71-4F94-AEE8-DC1C28CE6A01.jpeg

troonmaroon
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I took it as the latter. 

Led to believe there is a six figure max, and not a v high six figure either. Think JJ was involved in the discussions at the time... 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, troonmaroon said:

Led to believe there is a six figure max, and not a v high six figure either. Think JJ was involved in the discussions at the time... 

Football Manager (not always gospel but never far from the truth) has Hearts getting 1% when I signed him for Arsenal in this coming summer on the game. 

31 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

If true we have ****ed up royally.

If Brentford are the early runners in signing him you can bet your boots his old man will be doing his absolute utmost to make sure he moves to the best club for his development, which will probably mean they will fall out of the running in favour of a more established EPL club. Could see him going to Villa maybe but personally as much as I have followed his time in Italy quite closely I couldn't care less where he goes if we are in for a %age rather than a flat fee. 

InternationalJambo
14 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

If Brentford are the early runners in signing him you can bet your boots his old man will be doing his absolute utmost to make sure he moves to the best club for his development, which will probably mean they will fall out of the running in favour of a more established EPL club. Could see him going to Villa maybe but personally as much as I have followed his time in Italy quite closely I couldn't care less where he goes if we are in for a %age rather than a flat fee. 

👍

TyphoonJambo
8 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

👍

Would like to see him at Villa. Strike up a good partnership with fat arse Mcginn.

Italian Lambretta

There's going to be a lot of disappointment on this forum when we find out exactly what we get from the Hickey transfer.

I'm guessing it's nowhere near a million.

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Scores :laugh:

Very nice one too

Also gets the stadium announcer "Aaroon" and crowd response "Heekey" 🙂

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Still see it as inconceivable that a fixed sum sell on was agreed.

Maybe he was getting mixed up with add ons eg another £200k once he got to 50 appearances for example

39 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

There's going to be a lot of disappointment on this forum when we find out exactly what we get from the Hickey transfer.

Great news that you're happy for Hearts to lose out on money. 

Jambo na hÉireann
57 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Great news that you're happy for Hearts to lose out on money. 

@Italian Lambretta must have deleted the part of his post where he said '...And I'm so ****ing delighted that we might not get money for him'.

Eh, @XB52?

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Bit strange you’re getting yourself all bothered about something none of us know.

It’ll come out eventually in the club accounts but until we know there’s know point moaning.

...andFulton'sBaggio
4 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

The kid is incredible! WHAT a finish. Hearing the crowd chanting 'Hickey' afterwards is something else. They absolutely love him! I know we could profit if he moves this summer, etc etc... but I actually hope he stays at Bologna and keeps banging 'em in - it's a joy to behold!

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****