Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• williamgerrard

• Beast Boy

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good stuff. 

They say the result's not too important but after last season it will be good to keep the attacking, winning and scoring mentality going into the competitive stuff. 

'mon the J.T' s.

36 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Just thinking - partly inspired by this game - that I can see why we might want to go to 3 at the back.

We're going to dominate possession in most (all) games and teams will have everybody back.  Having four maroon jerseys lined up on half-way line isn't going to be needed so, either the full backs are going to be full time up-pitch, or we need to have fewer at the back.

If not three at the back, then it needs to be a flexible back-line with players comfortable coming forward.

I'm not forgetting the standard of opponents, so any of the above should be sufficient.

Given that we've won our last two matches 5-0 and 3-0 playing a commonsense 4231 with everyone in their correct position, I'm in favour of us sticking with what we are doing.

Stendel's biggest failing was throwing too many bodies up front resulting in people getting in each other's way.

Not one for jumping the gun but I'm delighted so far.

Mentality shift is clear to see.

Good to see Walker back scoring too.

5 hours ago, Barack said:

If it's in Falkirk, you could watch it from the coo field.

Assuming people are allowed out after what Nicola Sturgeon might announce later on...

Since the summer the fourth side's been closed off by their training facilities, I don't know if there's anywhere to get a clear deek any more

scott herbertson
46 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

"Boot to the head."

It's the Livi player on Nicholson all over again!

A chance to air one of my my favourite comedy skits can't be missed - released at the time of David Carradine's Kung Fu series...

Bazzas right boot

Good work out. 

Decent result, as always tho with friendlies it means nothing but winning any game is better than losing. 

9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Still no sign of Cochrane or MacDonald. Injured or simply not fancied? Genuine question, as I don’t know.

probably the latter - looks like RN has been fielding a pretty much full strength team in these games (baring Naismith and Haring coming back from injury)  

12 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Still no sign of Cochrane or MacDonald. Injured or simply not fancied? Genuine question, as I don’t know.

I think both are well down the pecking order.

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Wurs the gurnurs complaining about not getting 6 ?

Aw don’t worry, our resident misery dusk will be along momentarily letting us know the time between between scoring goals was too long, the PH of the training water was too high and each assist could have been done much more clinically. 

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Wurs the gurnurs complaining about not getting 6 ?

Only wan the last time we played them in what must be a contender for the worst conditions in recent years. 

24 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Based on line-ups posted on here at the weekend, Cochrane played in the game against Spartans. Don't think McDonald played which may suggest he is still injured, although I don't think I saw a list of subs.

Must admit, I am looking forward to Wighton fulfilling his potential and the nit-picking to justify crucifying him beginning. Always a giggle. :lol:

”Ken he scored a hat-trick, but if you look at his body shape for the first it was meant to be a cross, the second just came off his shin, and he was offside for the third.” ... That sort of thing. 

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Must admit, I am looking forward to Wighton fulfilling his potential and the nit-picking to justify crucifying him beginning. Always a giggle. :lol:

”Ken he scored a hat-trick, but if you look at his body shape for the first it was meant to be a cross, the second just came off his shin, and he was offside for the third.” ... That sort of thing. 

If he doesn't score 30 goals a season he's Shite in many people's eyes anyway. 

Scoring 29 won't change that.

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Agree . Always had ability . Someone mentioned mindset , really think that was the problem . Not a managerial problem , think the boy has realised it is [more than] time to , consistently , play to his potential

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is it just me or does Roberts sell the defender a dummy by seeming to give up on the through ball and then changing his mind? Gives him a yard of the defender to get the ball in.

Quite possibly, it looked that way.  It also looked like he thought it was another no hope of reaching it pass by Ben.  Although it all turned out well in the end.   👍   Good finish, good move :o 

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

If he doesn't score 30 goals a season he's Shite in many people's eyes anyway. 

Scoring 29 won't change that.

2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Agree . Always had ability . Someone mentioned mindset , really think that was the problem . Not a managerial problem , think the boy has realised it is [more than] time to , consistently , play to his potential

“Aye, but look at the quality of the opposition... “ That will be said at one point. :lol:

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

FcYsL4cE_bigger.jpg

And it’s 3-0! Halkett goes for Ginnelly’s corner and takes a boot to the head, leaving Wighton to step up from the penalty spot and send Mutch the wrong way.

Nice to see Wighton take responsibilty for taking a penalty, further takes pressure off him, for now.  Scored as well 🦾

A_A wehatethehibs

Craig Wighton seems to have set himself a mission to make himself a zero to hero story. A big ask but who knows, maybe he does have performances in him. Most fans felt he would be free to sign for Arbroath this season, but it seems he has decided to take matters in his own hands. Let’s hope we see the making of a player