• martoon

• williamgerrard

• Beast Boy

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye, that's the one. Witnessed the 6-0 a decade before, too. 😅

Had good days, though. 1-5 win in 1987/88 springs to mind, and, iirc, in the same season a 1-3 Cup win. Also recall a 1-4 League Cup win there a short time after. Falkirk had at least 2 players sent off. 

Same here with the 0-6.  I was first back on the supporters bus, absolutely raging.

In terms of shockers, I was also at Ibrox when we had 4 men sent off and Chris Robinson on the touchline trying to get the players off the park!

Edited by frankblack

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Same here with the 0-6.  I was first back on the supporters bus, absolutely raging.

In terms of shockers, I was also at Ibrox when we had 4 men sent off and Chris Robinson on the touchline trying to get the players off the park!

Wasn't at Ibrox that day but it was the farce that is Scottish football encapsulated in 90 minutes. 

millerjames398
24 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye, that's the one. Witnessed the 6-0 a decade before, too. 😅

Had good days, though. 1-5 win in 1987/88 springs to mind, and, iirc, in the same season a 1-3 Cup win. Also recall a 1-4 League Cup win there a short time after. Falkirk had at least 2 players sent off. 

The battle of brockville was the papers headline the following day im sure, although as i remember they were the only team battling, and im sure 3 got their marching orders, also remember it getting lively over at the segregation fence in their shed as well, loved noising up all the falkirk fans at school the following day 😁🇱🇻

millerjames398
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

After the ibrox debacle, who knew we'd get one of our the best wins over celtic a few days later in the lge cup, with a odds n sods team..

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Game is about to kick off, was supposed to be 1pm Kick-off. Decent hearts lineup, Naismith and hating on bench

Levein's back? 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I've never been to their new stadium, but saw us take a couple of sore ones at Brockville, probably including the one you mention if that was the cup game - Craig Gordon's first game.

This is a common misconception among Hearts fans. His first game was a 1-1 draw at Livingston in the league.

11 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

The battle of brockville was the papers headline the following day im sure, although as i remember they were the only team battling, and im sure 3 got their marching orders, also remember it getting lively over at the segregation fence in their shed as well, loved noising up all the falkirk fans at school the following day 😁🇱🇻

I remember Falkirk and their fans losing the rag. Also recall that font of all knowledge, Gerry McNee, predicting Falkirk would win and provide Celtic with a stern test in the QF (draw for both rounds were made simultaneously). 

⏱ 15 mins on the clock...

Mutch brilliantly tips over close-range Roberts effort

Lee meets Frear's corner but glancing header is at keeper

Frear beats two men on the left to cross for Roberts at back door but his first-time effort is narrowly wide

It's still 0️⃣-0️⃣

1 minute ago, MTS1874 said:

C8ABB657-E315-4F8C-8C62-B6F6CA8E67E3.jpeg

Quite a few recognisable Hearts related guys there. Three trialists too, be interesting to see who.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So almost guaranteed that Keena will score. 

Probably. The lad on the bench ‘Sammon‘ is a former international striker who has scored a few in the Premiership. Might be worth a look to bolster our strike force.

8 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Quite a few recognisable Hearts related guys there. Three trialists too, be interesting to see who.

Yup, recognise the name Trialist. Sure he was on the bench for us last week.

⏱ Half an hour gone...

Walker cuts in from the left and bends an effort wide of Mutch's right-hand post

Lee tries his luck from distance but can only blast over the bar

Hearts 0️⃣-0️⃣ Falkirk

10 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

One of Falkirk’s trialists is Kingsley. He played for them v Raith.

That seems crazy to me, the lads not played too much over the last few years but you'd think he'd be able to get a team above the scottish third tier

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

That seems crazy to me, the lads not played too much over the last few years but you'd think he'd be able to get a team above the scottish third tier

think the common feeling on it was that he was just training with his old team to get fit until he finds something

3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Is it just me or does Roberts sell the defender a dummy by seeming to give up on the through ball and then changing his mind? Gives him a yard of the defender to get the ball in.

1 minute ago, j1964m said:

This Falkirk team beat Raith Rovers 6-2 at  starks park on saturday

That was nice of Falkirk to arrange a friendly with those scummy lowlifes.

Absolute Scenes

Some ball by Lee too. Weird Roberts looks like he gives up then has a second wind to chase the ball 😂 good finish from Boyce, though it looked like he was limping away afterwards...

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
8 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Pay per View, 50 sheets but only for platinum season ticket holders 

And 100 loyalty pointzzzzz

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is it just me or does Roberts sell the defender a dummy by seeming to give up on the through ball and then changing his mind? Gives him a yard of the defender to get the ball in.

Yep.  Either well clever or suddenly realised he could get there.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Some ball by Lee too. Weird Roberts looks like he gives up then has a second wind to chase the ball 😂 good finish from Boyce, though it looked like he was limping away afterwards...

was garuccio who played the ball down the line

6 minutes ago, Simmo said:

Even better that they walloped them !!!!!

Indeed.  Hopefully they are in for a difficult season.  Even better if they decide to mothball and Falkirk take their place.

Just thinking - partly inspired by this game - that I can see why we might want to go to 3 at the back.

We're going to dominate possession in most (all) games and teams will have everybody back.  Having four maroon jerseys lined up on half-way line isn't going to be needed so, either the full backs are going to be full time up-pitch, or we need to have fewer at the back.

If not three at the back, then it needs to be a flexible back-line with players comfortable coming forward.

I'm not forgetting the standard of opponents, so any of the above should be sufficient.

4 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Just thinking - partly inspired by this game - that I can see why we might want to go to 3 at the back.

We're going to dominate possession in most (all) games and teams will have everybody back.  Having four maroon jerseys lined up on half-way line isn't going to be needed so, either the full backs are going to be full time up-pitch, or we need to have fewer at the back.

If not three at the back, then it needs to be a flexible back-line with players comfortable coming forward.

I'm not forgetting the standard of opponents, so any of the above should be sufficient.

Should be almost 2 4 4 at times this season. 

1 hour ago, millerjames398 said:

After the ibrox debacle, who knew we'd get one of our the best wins over celtic a few days later in the lge cup, with a odds n sods team..

Agreed.  I went into that cup game with zero expectation.