Falkirk game tonight

williamgerrard

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Still no sign of Cochrane or MacDonald. Injured or simply not fancied? Genuine question, as I don’t know.

Looks to me like they are not considered senior first team players.  They will make the bench at least or get loaned out.  They might get starts in the League cup however, up to Robbie though :)    They both played versus Apartans didn't they?  On Saturday.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• williamgerrard

• Beast Boy

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Still no sign of Cochrane or MacDonald. Injured or simply not fancied? Genuine question, as I don’t know.

I would believe Robbie's remit for this truncated season in the Championship is to win it and get promoted.  Going by his signings so far I would not expect to see much of Cochrane and MacDonald apart from on the bench.  Unless they shine.

12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

A gentlemanly 3-0 result versus Falrkirk is appropriate enough.  

Yup, save the real big scores for the enemy rather than a club who are simply opponents. 

Edit: Then loan them a keeper just to rub salt in the wounds

Edited by GinRummy

been here before
4 hours ago, martoon said:

Aye, that's the one. Witnessed the 6-0 a decade before, too. 😅

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Same here with the 0-6.  I was first back on the supporters bus, absolutely raging.

Dodged a bullet that day. A few of usent to Fir Park and watched the reserves nearly wrap the league up with 0-0 draw.

2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

super Wighton does it again :jjyay:

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Craig Wunderkind Wighton gets his scoring streak going.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

image.jpeg.3ed3c7c06874a7fa313af6abc8605898.jpeg

46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Looks mean and hungry for wins. New image, new mindset, new Craig. 

Said on a previous thread that Wighton isnt btought on anymore...

...he's unleashed!

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Dodged a bullet that day. A few of usent to Fir Park and watched the reserves nearly wrap the league up with 0-0 draw.

Said on a previous thread that Wighton isnt btought on anymore...

...he's unleashed!

😂

31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was on the bench according to team listed earlier.

Oops, didn't see that 

been here before
11 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

image.jpeg.4930e49503cc38e899849661fcea7ee0.jpeg

Christ,  when Schilaci was strutting his stuff at Italia 90 it was another 7 years until Wighton was born.

Feel auld now!!

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is it just me or does Roberts sell the defender a dummy by seeming to give up on the through ball and then changing his mind? Gives him a yard of the defender to get the ball in.

If you watch the highlights, it looks pretty clear that Roberts is trying (& succeeding!) to kid the defender on that he's not going to chase it, before doing just that, catching it comfortably, and firing-in a great cross! Like it...   :icon14:

https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/2623  

For the first two goals you can hear a Falkirk defender shout "you must get there!" like your laziest mate at 5s who can't be arsed blocking the shot but wants to let you know that he expects you to. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Low and/or whipped in crosses has been a feature of these pre season games. It's a clear tactic. Boyce and Walker looking very sharp on the end of them.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Craig Wighton seems to have set himself a mission to make himself a zero to hero story. A big ask but who knows, maybe he does have performances in him. Most fans felt he would be free to sign for Arbroath this season, but it seems he has decided to take matters in his own hands. Let’s hope we see the making of a player 

When you think about it, he's got the perfect conditions for it. A lower level he knows he can score at, no crowds to maybe hurt his confidence if he misses a couple, a manager who wants to play him in his best position, a team that will create lots of chances, and limited funds to buy new strikers to play ahead of him

6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Kenna, Gomis, Morrison & Salmon in the Falkirk team.

Anymore ex-Hearts at Falkirk. 

Lee Miller

Ronald Villiers

Decent workout and result.  I wonder how Kingsley played for them.  I noticed Naismith having a chat with him at the start of the footage on twitter as they arrived at the pitch.  

Kidd’s Boots

From the highlights today, it looks like Frear, Roberts and Ginelly are all capable of providing the ammunition that's been lacking for a while. I really liked the intention to get to the ball from Roberts for the first goal, Garrucio looked liked he was having a real moan at Roberts when he pulled up but then turned on the jets to there.... brilliant to see. Boyce and Naismith will revel in quality like that for first time finishing. Confidence boost for the defence today with another clean sheet and Haring getting minutes too. Looking forward to seeing a full game on Saturday at last!!!

6 hours ago, Jambo_Jarman said:

This is a common misconception among Hearts fans. His first game was a 1-1 draw at Livingston in the league.

Think Rousset made his debut at Brockville

Edited by soonbe110

I notice from the report on the OS and photos that Connor Smith came on despite not being noted in the line ups at all. Wonder if anyone else sneaked on.

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I notice from the report on the OS and photos that Connor Smith came on despite not being noted in the line ups at all. Wonder if anyone else sneaked on.

Ffs, don't say that, Hh. The SPFL/SFA will come down on us like a t of b. Result reversed, 15 point penalty, lengthy bans etc. 😉

BRAVEHEART1874

Good pen by whighton :)  Was wondering if we could replace clare's pens - so good so far. Should also give him some confidance ;) 

8 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

After the ibrox debacle, who knew we'd get one of our the best wins over celtic a few days later in the lge cup, with a odds n sods team..

Uncanny!

Having watched the highlights thought overall looked good, defence had several hairy moments though and definitely need tightening up.

Hopefully Popescu will help stabilise that.

We'll certainly score more than we lose, even if he doesn't.

jambos are go!
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Think Rousset made his debut at Brockville

You are right and looked good. Gordon made his debut at Livingston as a very last minute replacement for an injured keeper - c annot  remember who.

been here before
14 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

You are right and looked good. Gordon made his debut at Livingston as a very last minute replacement for an injured keeper - c annot  remember who.

Tepi Moilanen

14 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Replaced a legend but it was probably time. 

Only just caught up with this, having been catching up with my wifes holidays, I've been in and out of the loop for the past couple of weeks. Good to get even a meaningless friendly win, but the big news is that Peter Haring took part in a real game. That's terrific news.

1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

51 minutes ago, been here before said:

Tepi Moilanen

Roddy McKenzie.

Tepi took over after Falkirk.

6 hours ago, Barack said:

Lockdown might just be the best thing to happen to Craig Wighton, since a set of clippers.

It does seem like the reality check of being an Arbroath player followed by some time out of the spotlight to get it together and regain focus may have worked wonders.

He's always been a talented lad, if he's stopped being a shiter too we could really be on to something, fingers crossed.

9 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Some ball by Lee too. Weird Roberts looks like he gives up then has a second wind to chase the ball 😂 good finish from Boyce, though it looked like he was limping away afterwards...

I thought Roberts did give up but realised in time and took off.

Highlights here btw

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Highlights here btw

Don't think it does look like that from the Hearts' end angle (i.e. behind the action) - to me he successfully kidded-on the defender that he wasn't going to go for it, then did!

Just now, Auld Reekin' said:

Don't think it does look like that from the Hearts' end angle (i.e. behind the action) - to me he successfully kidded-on the defender that he wasn't going to go for it, then did!

It was more Garuccio's body language I was going off, it seemed that's what he thought from the wsy he reacted.

But good either way!

I like to see varied crosses from the bye line and from 18 yards out, keeps the full backs guessing whether to show the winger inside or not. Happy with what I've seen re attacking shape there.

34 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Highlights here btw

Excellent. Thanks Smithee 👍 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/peters-delight

“It’s been a wee while since I wore a Hearts jersey! I’m delighted, it wasn’t too long today but I felt decent so I can’t complain.

“I spoke to the gaffer at the start of last week and he asked how I felt about getting some minutes under my belt today. I said as long as everything felt good I was happy to play and I couldn’t wait for today.

“The touch was average but my body feels good so I’m really happy. As far as I know I’ll get some more minutes against Partick at Tynecastle on Saturday so I’m looking forward to that.

“I’m just happy to get my first minutes and I can’t wait for more to come.”

schwing-gif-10.gif

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Excellent. Thanks Smithee 👍 

👍

Proper man's penalty that by the way, battering it into the side netting takes nuts.

tartofmidlothian
15 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

The game is at Tynecastle.

Stephen Kingsley likely to be playing for Falkirk as a triallist again. 

12 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

One of Falkirk’s trialists is Kingsley. He played for them v Raith.

12 hours ago, BigAlim said:

That seems crazy to me, the lads not played too much over the last few years but you'd think he'd be able to get a team above the scottish third tier

12 hours ago, Gav M said:

think the common feeling on it was that he was just training with his old team to get fit until he finds something

Anyone know if we're still interested in him?

9 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Tepi