MAFIA - Scottish Football: Trust no one - GAME THREAD

Shapes

I'm not a fan of lurkers.

Checked back posting history and both Stuart and Pans appear to be lurking. Hiding in the shadows perhaps?

Stuart has voted for me, but a vote for him doesn't change a thing. Let's see if this wakes anyone up ...

Vote Pans Jambo

We'll see who comes running to your aid. Maybe :rolleyes:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Boof

• iantjambo

• Rudi Skacel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

During the day the chairman were conferring once again. They knew there were some infiltrators within their ranks. People who were going to vote against the greater good or try and push for the season to be voided.

They found the main anti-completion of season guy Peter Lawell and beat him to dead.

Pansjambo - goon is dead.

Night activity please

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Lawwell 😂 talk about kicking a man when he's down!

Needed to get rid of a goon today after the events of last night.

Night came and the cop was out investigating someone good.

The goons were deciding who they wanted to target that night and they went for Sean. Sean was just an innocent chairman who wanted the best for scottish football. Sean - chairman is dead.

The assassin was also out and about using their last bullet. They decided that Stuart seemed like someone who needed taking out, but he was also just an innocent chairman. Stuart McNeill - chairman is dead.

It is now day. Deadline 9pm Wednesday.

Player list

1. Alim Ozturk

7. Nunya Business

9. Bunny

11. Dr Sheldon Cooper

13. Boof

14. Rudi

15. Ian

17. Dunks

20. Simo

9 players left. 5 for a lynch. 

Ok trust list

Rudi

dunks

iant

Boof

simo

goon list, any 3 from the other 4 mentioned. 

however sheldon could have put simo into a tie with pans jambo so it could be a bluff. However id ask the cop to investigate sheldon next just to be sure. The goons can kill me during the next night phase but that wont be a bad thing as it means the cop can investigate someone else who is on my trust list.

vote bunny

VOTE BOOF. 

He, dunks and possibly rudi are playing a blinder here 

sacrificed pans for the win. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Just now, Rudi Skacel said:

unvote bunny

vote alim

typical goon behavior. 

If folk fall for this then they are fools. T

I had Alim and Nunya edging towards the trust list due to their early votes for Pans. Perhaps it could have been a sacrificial offering if Pans is going to be away. That would throw my Dunks-trust into the confusion zone. Sheldon just making sure of the lynch had him on my dodgy list but as Rudi says, he could have easily put Simo into a tie...I think. Will try and get a proper non-phone look tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

I had Alim and Nunya edging towards the trust list due to their early votes for Pans. Perhaps it could have been a sacrificial offering if Pans is going to be away. That would throw my Dunks-trust into the confusion zone. Sheldon just making sure of the lynch had him on my dodgy list but as Rudi says, he could have easily put Simo into a tie...I think. Will try and get a proper non-phone look tomorrow.

vote Alim and you cant go wrong

2 hours ago, Boof said:

I'd say that last round of voting puts Dunks towards my good guy list.

Steady on - still just me on my trust list.

I got lucky tbf as Stuart was lurking as much as Pans - he just had no votes. Other way round and I'd look a tad suspect, as would you by association.

6 hours ago, Dunks said:

Steady on - still just me on my trust list.

I didn't say you're ON my trust-list...just edging towards it :lol:

Rudi - if Alim is a bulletless assassin, doesn't that make him, effectively, one of the good guys now? He can't win unless the town win and even then he needs to last longer than two masons and the cop.

8 hours ago, Boof said:

Would the goons sacrificing one of their own be a good thing for them? I’m not sure that it would be.

Even if Pans didn’t want to/couldn’t continue, would it not be more beneficial for them to have as high number as possible and try and get a good player lynched during the day? Lynching a fellow goon might get them some trust. But unless they find the cop then they’re going to soon lose that trust anyway as the trust list gets bigger.

Of course they may have gone down the road of lynching a goon. Just seems like a counterproductive move to me.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It is very quiet again today.  Makes it very difficult to read anybody.

Apologies from myself for not contributing much so far, from a personal point of view it has been a manic 72 hours. Proposed to the girlfriend when we were away at the weekend and luckily she said yes so we have been caught up in that over the last few days.

In terms of my vote last night, I felt that if I had voted for Simo at that late stage then it would have looked like I was trying to save Pans and that would have done more harm than good, especially if Simo had turned out to be a good guy. I don't know whether Simo is good or not but I was happy to trust my fellow chairmen in that moment.

I'm gonna have to do something to inject some action into the game I think as people are just lurking around and not posting. The key to a good game is discussion etc. Makes it really hard when people don't post. Will see how things progress over next few hours.

1 minute ago, Shapes said:

I'm gonna have to do something to inject some action into the game I think as people are just lurking around and not posting. The key to a good game is discussion etc. Makes it really hard when people don't post. Will see how things progress over next few hours.

:spoton:

I was looking back to identify the next lurkiest of the lurkers and it's actually difficult due to everyone lurking to a greater or lesser extent.

Will look back over the thread for any wee clues in addition to the lurkers ....

13 minutes ago, Shapes said:

wooooo

kill the assassin

wooooo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
28 minutes ago, Dunks said:

And congratulations Dr Sheldon. Your life will never be the same again :rofl:

Cheers Dunks 👍

I'd love to hear Ians reasoning for me being on his goon list. He now seems quite certain when yesterday he said he had nothing to go on. Either way, I'm not being drawn into his games. Perhaps Alim was onto something after all.

Personally I don't trust anyone right now. But I'm especially wary of Ian at the moment.

Congrats on the engagement Sheldon!

Very quiet today... I've had 2 interviews today so not been on at all myself - Out tonight too so will go back and read through Pans posts/votes now to see if I can get anything from that... If I survive the night should have more time tomorrow!

Stuart vote Dunks
ianT vote Alim
Sean vote Boof
Alim vote Pans
Pans vote Sean
Dunks vote Boof
Rudi vote Simo
Boof vote Simo
Bunny vote Nunya
Nunya vote Pans
Simo vote Rudi
Dunks unvote Boof
Dunks vote Pans
Sheldon vote Pans

Blimey! The day of only one unvote!

On 22/09/2020 at 08:23, AlimOzturk said:

Thinking Pans is a goon as being a newbie I can just see shapes putting them into a roled role with the help of others to help them get the jist of the game. Jambosean could be dodgey and using the whole “didn’t find my post thing” as a charade. Ianthejambo has always looked dodgey. Stuart is quiet atm, could maybe be the assassin. Boof has also been quieter for their standards which makes me suspicious. Nunya I can’t read atm.

so to summarise I don’t have a fecking clue. 

Goon lists

1. Alim Ozturk - Pans (goon), Sean (townie), Ian (unknown), Stuart (townie), Boof (unknown...), Nunya (unknown) - followed by Simo, Ian, Nunya

7. Nunya Business - Ian, Simo, Alim, Rudi

9. Bunny

11. Dr Sheldon Cooper

13. Boof

14. Rudi - Alim, Bunny, Nunya, Sheldon

15. Ian - Sheldon, Alim, Nunya, Dunks - all unknown

17. Dunks

20. Simo - Alim, Ian, Rudi, Dunks - all unknown

22 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Day 2 goon list. Based on absolutely nothing at all:

Sheldon

Alim 

Nunya

Dunks

22 hours ago, Simo said:

Been quiet as I've nothing to go on and openly admit I'm shite at this :lol::(

Uneducated Goon list:

Alim

Ian

Rudi

Dunks

21 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Goon list:

Ian (because he thinks I am :laugh:).

Simo.

Alim.

Rudi.

Based on absolutely nothing at all.

21 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

As all have said uneducated it is based apon your initial list and i suspect that is due to you trying to deflect attention away from your own goon self. I am now suspecting this is an attempt from you are your goon pals to gang up on a innocent chairmen. Folks, don’t fall for it. 

simo

ian

nunya

dodgey as feck especially the first two.

16 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Ok trust list

Rudi

dunks

iant

Boof

simo

goon list, any 3 from the other 4 mentioned. 

however sheldon could have put simo into a tie with pans jambo so it could be a bluff. However id ask the cop to investigate sheldon next just to be sure. The goons can kill me during the next night phase but that wont be a bad thing as it means the cop can investigate someone else who is on my trust list.

vote bunny

16 hours ago, Boof said:

8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Would the goons sacrificing one of their own be a good thing for them? I’m not sure that it would be.

Even if Pans didn’t want to/couldn’t continue, would it not be more beneficial for them to have as high number as possible and try and get a good player lynched during the day? Lynching a fellow goon might get them some trust. But unless they find the cop then they’re going to soon lose that trust anyway as the trust list gets bigger.

Of course they may have gone down the road of lynching a goon. Just seems like a counterproductive move to me.

Uuuuurrrggghhhh....!!!

What to do?

Rudi's the only one to put up a trust list so far.

I can see why there's some names on it but not quite others.

Bear in mind the assassin is now effectively a good guy and we're hunting 3 goons.

I can't get my head around why Alim and Nunya would have voted for Pans if they're goons. Ballsy move maybe?

Dunks is really the only one of the Pans voters who I feel trustable. I thought Sheldon was dodgy but failed to realise that he could've put Simo into a tie.
Pans was about to express righteous disgust at being labelled Peter Lawwell - meh, you fly with the crows... :lol: 

I actually had a goon list of Bunny, IanT and Sheldon...could be woefully wrong.

Even if the cop does go for Sheldon tonight, it could be their last action unless they evade the goons. If they do get whacked, however, at least their investigation gets passed on.

Maybe wasn't all that much to read...

Vote Bunny

5 minutes ago, Boof said:
Stuart vote Dunks
ianT vote Alim
Sean vote Boof
Alim vote Pans
Pans vote Sean
Dunks vote Boof
Rudi vote Simo
Boof vote Simo
Bunny vote Nunya
Nunya vote Pans
Simo vote Rudi
Dunks unvote Boof
Dunks vote Pans
Sheldon vote Pans

Blimey! The day of only one unvote!

Goon lists

1. Alim Ozturk - Pans (goon), Sean (townie), Ian (unknown), Stuart (townie), Boof (unknown...), Nunya (unknown) - followed by Simo, Ian, Nunya

7. Nunya Business - Ian, Simo, Alim, Rudi

9. Bunny

11. Dr Sheldon Cooper

13. Boof

14. Rudi - Alim, Bunny, Nunya, Sheldon

15. Ian - Sheldon, Alim, Nunya, Dunks - all unknown

17. Dunks

20. Simo - Alim, Ian, Rudi, Dunks - all unknown

Uuuuurrrggghhhh....!!!

What to do?

Rudi's the only one to put up a trust list so far.

I can see why there's some names on it but not quite others.

Bear in mind the assassin is now effectively a good guy and we're hunting 3 goons.

I can't get my head around why Alim and Nunya would have voted for Pans if they're goons. Ballsy move maybe?

Dunks is really the only one of the Pans voters who I feel trustable. I thought Sheldon was dodgy but failed to realise that he could've put Simo into a tie.
Pans was about to express righteous disgust at being labelled Peter Lawwell - meh, you fly with the crows... :lol: 

I actually had a goon list of Bunny, IanT and Sheldon...could be woefully wrong.

Even if the cop does go for Sheldon tonight, it could be their last action unless they evade the goons. If they do get whacked, however, at least their investigation gets passed on.

Maybe wasn't all that much to read...

Vote Bunny

31 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I'd love to hear Ians reasoning for me being on his goon list. He now seems quite certain when yesterday he said he had nothing to go on. Either way, I'm not being drawn into his games. Perhaps Alim was onto something after all.

Personally I don't trust anyone right now. But I'm especially wary of Ian at the moment.

There’s a trust list of 5. Which means 3 out of yourself, Bunny, Sheldon and Alim are goons.

Well now.

I'm seeing Bunny and Simo as pretty quiet and falling into my lurkers list, but if Ian is saying what I think Ian is saying .... Simo is confirmed good and Bunny is next lurkiest.

Is it too early for a pile on?

Vote Bunny

Let's see what happens.

Went for a read back through and things seem to have livened up!

Couldn't pick up much from Pans votes (Milky day 1 and Sean day 2 both confirmed good guys)

Given the order of the votes on Pans (Alim, Nunya, Duncs, Sheldon)

I was going to say I'm more inclined to trust Alim/Nunya as they came early but going off the trust lists it seems to be 3 from Alim, Shedon, Bunny and Nunya.

Pretty happy to

Vote Bunny

Pretty sure that is a lynch.

Sorry for not chatting much, wasn't a tactic just been busy, forgot how difficult it is to balance the game and work.

Congratulations Sheldon, I got married on Saturday, you'll have a blast.