Match Day - East Fife (Friendly)

Sertse

9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Are we playing another friendly this afternoon?

I think I read that we're playing Spartans. Possibly today...

Not much help to you, I appreciate.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Footballfirst

• WDJ87

• Sertse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Boof said:

I think I read that we're playing Spartans. Possibly today...

Not much help to you, I appreciate.

Cheers

Gorgie Boot boy
3 hours ago, David Black said:

Don't know if its been mentioned before, but Jamie Walker looks like he has bulked up a bit.

The Peter Haring thread has a training video from earlier this week, Jamie scores a similar goal as last night and a decent attempt with an overhead kick. You get a better idea of his bulk. There are other videos too showing Jamie has beefed up, starting to look like his great uncle and the great Tommy Walker. Not looking to start a war but i hope he goes onto become as great a servant and man as Tommy. Jamie has scored some cracking goals for us, long may it continue.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The same approach as last time of flooding players forward could be good.

Halkett as well. 

Halkett was suffering from the same problem as last reason: getting caught out going forward.  A better side than EF would taken advantage of his mistakes.  Hopefully Popescu will be the sitting CD.

Berra than you

Anyone who watched the highlights.. was it clear how the three behind Boyce lined up? Frear I think was on the right but was walker or Roberts central?

Gorgie Boot boy
25 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Anyone who watched the highlights.. was it clear how the three behind Boyce lined up? Frear I think was on the right but was walker or Roberts central?

Roberts wore number 7 , although he was roaming a lot. I noticed in highlights from training bounce games the 11v11 and last nights game, he links up chances in a central position. A very good technical football mind.

Andy Irvine was the stand out last night, has it in bundles. Was also great to see Craig Gordon getting the gloves on for the side, he also had a decent game looked on it. The opposition had chances. 

CornhillHearts
2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Are we playing another friendly this afternoon?

yes v Spartans at Ainslie Park. 1 nil up last I heard Moore the scorer

Berra than you
19 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Roberts wore number 7 , although he was roaming a lot. I noticed in highlights from training bounce games the 11v11 and last nights game, he links up chances in a central position. A very good technical football mind.

Andy Irvine was the stand out last night, has it in bundles. Was also great to see Craig Gordon getting the gloves on for the side, he also had a decent game looked on it. The opposition had chances. 

Thanks for that. Good to hear Andy looked the part. Expect big things from him. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Thanks for that. Good to hear Andy looked the part. Expect big things from him. 

Roberts had chances and looks like a good addition up top. Walker looks to me to be the guy who sniff around looking for an opportunity, also puts in a graft chasing closing down. Frear has a magical left peg, looks industrious has that sparkle. Roberts layed on an excellent little backstep inside heel dink, taking the speed of the ball for Frears goal. Genius sheer class. Andy does things correctly with the head up, his eye on ball is spot on, his delivery's are top notch. Possess great talent.

9 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

yes v Spartans at Ainslie Park. 1 nil up last I heard Moore the scorer

2-0 at ht. 

Stewart 

Denholm Logan Darge Brandon

Henderson Smith McGill Cochrane Moore 

Wighton 

I was told that Smith was one of the scorers. 

Gorgie Boot boy

Add in Popescu, you also get a guy who can score goals including grass cutters headers from set pieces and penalties.Cracking player.

CornhillHearts
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

2-0 at ht. 

Stewart 

Wighton 

I'm not there, but my correspondent may be incorrect. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Not up against much and their keeper had a bit of a mare but pleasing to see us getting the ball into the box quickly, not being scared to shoot and there was some lovely passing on display.   Roberts looks like a good addition and plays with confidence and we've now got pace and creative options. I think we've shaken of the negativity from last season now but defence is what gives me the fear still.    Hopefully the new guy plus a.n.other will help.    Halkett nearly cost us a goal..... Really hoping he cuts out his mistakes and has a good season. He'll definately chip in with a few goals in the Championship though.  Beginning to feel excited and positive......strange feeling indeed!! 

Their keeper (and defenders) looked exactly like the majority of lower league keepers and defenders I remember from last time the Championship. If this league ever goes ahead I'd expect us to score for fun like last time.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

2-0 at ht. 

Stewart 

Wighton 

That looks like a cracking pick, a lot of quality on show for their age etc. Also showing an intention of the type of football we want to play at all levels.

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

2-0 at ht. 

Stewart 

Wighton 

I’m assuming that the reserves are playing 4231 as well?

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I’m assuming that the reserves are playing 4231 as well?

Yes. 

Max on for McGill after an hour. Still 2-0

28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

2-0 at ht. 

Stewart 

Wighton 

Think it was Hendo and Moore the scorers 

7 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Heard he’s on his way

Didn't think we'd manage to shift him this summer...... Interesting he's not featured yesterday or today.  Thanks..... 

Edited by Gmcjambo

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Heard it was 3-0, Moore got his second late on. 

I don't think I missed anything in the 2nd half.

Hearts created quite a few chances but failed to convert any.

44 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Didn't think we'd manage to shift him this summer...... Interesting he's not featured yesterday or today.  Thanks..... 

I’m not one for hating players etc but I don’t think it’s working out for him, he’s on a wedge, if he has something else, it’s a win-win. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

Heard he’s on his way

Tell me more, what is the detail on what you heard. I had to spill the beans on Halliday being my source. So who is yours ?

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Tell me more, what is the detail on what you heard. I had to spill the beans on Halliday being my source. So who is yours ?

No chance mate. Heard it from 2 to be honest. I hope it happens for both parties tho.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, buzzbomb said:

No chance mate. Heard it from 2 to be honest. I hope it happens for both parties tho.

Wait a minute. How no ?

2 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

I'm not there, but my correspondent may be incorrect. 

I wasn’t there either but my correspondent said it finished 3-0. Someone’s on the wind up I fear. 

Gorgie Boot boy
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I wasn’t there either but my correspondent said it finished 3-0. Someone’s on the wind up I fear. https://twitter.com/spartansfc?lang=en 

📷
Pre-season continued today in the Pilton sunshine with a 0-2 defeat to a youthful side. Thanks to our opponents for a useful workout.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

📷
Pre-season continued today in the Pilton sunshine with a 0-2 defeat to a youthful side. Thanks to our opponents for a useful workout.

Looks like it was mine.  
Wont trust him again And will make sure he misses out on the ht pies at future games. 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Looks like it was mine.  
Wont trust him again And will make sure he misses out on the ht pies at future games. 

Just relaying the score mate.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, Moore’s second goal was ruled offside. My source missed the decision. 

Ah that seals the free pie again.

31 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

In other friendlies today, Raith were playing Falkirk. Result?

Tainted Title 2 Falkirk 6

🤣🤣🤣

That cheered me up

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣🤣

We are due to play Falkirk. This a a step up again for the lads, as a new side . So they can score goals. Can we defend better? We get to find out.

will-i-am-a-jambo
3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣🤣

Good stuff. It would be delicious if Raith Rovers got relegated back down again to where they belong!

12 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Good stuff. It would be delicious if Raith Rovers got relegated back down again to where they belong!

I want us to be the ones that do that to them. Take double figures of the dirty sleekit Scumbags every time we play them, just to make sure.