Match Day - East Fife (Friendly)

Sertse

12 hours ago, neilnunb said:

In other friendlies today, Raith were playing Falkirk. Result?

Tainted Title 2 Falkirk 6

🤣🤣🤣

Noticed Morrison scored and got a hat trick of assists

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Footballfirst

• WDJ87

• Sertse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

😃 forgot that's where he'd gone too although I did see Keena was one of the scorers.

30 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

So he's finally learned how to play a ball into the strikers path?! 

Fair play to him. Got a soft spot for Falkirk & Partick now, after they were shafted like us. 

11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

😃 forgot that's where he'd gone too although I did see Keena was one of the scorers.

Keena will score for fun in that league.

Had high Hope's for him but he just didn't seem to cut it at first team level.

allanwilson1970
22 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Full time 2-0 

How did Cochrane, Henderson Logan and McGill play, are they ready to step up? do you know the next reserve or U18 games that are planned.

4 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Keena will score for fun in that league.

Had high Hope's for him but he just didn't seem to cut it at first team level.

Looked like he had won a prize at a raffle everytime he pulled on a Hearts top tbh. 

18 hours ago, neilnunb said:

In other friendlies today, Raith were playing Falkirk. Result?

Tainted Title 2 Falkirk 6

🤣🤣🤣

Magic!  Emergency signings needed for Raith Reavers.   Bunch of crooks :D  They got what they deserved.  Hopefully we score somewhat more, annihilate them more like.  12-0  I am open to a 21-0

Under 18s currently drawing 1-1 with Preston Athletic. One of our Pans Hearts members playing for Preston and my cousin providing updates from his daughter’s back garden! Our goal was an o.g.

2 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

How did Cochrane, Henderson Logan and McGill play, are they ready to step up? do you know the next reserve or U18 games that are planned.

I don't know what games are scheduled for the younger groups, although I did hear that there was a game at Prestonpans today. Even then I didn't now the kickoff.

It was a solid team performance with most players having decent games. The defence wasn't under too much pressure. Cochrane and Smith were decent in midfield and Moore the best of the forward players.

A wee mention for "Max". He can certainly see a pass before defenders can react which he did several times, including one exquisite flick the put Connor Smith in on goal, but Carswell made a great save.

The players you mention are more likely to be squad players at best for the first half of the season.  Without a Reserve or U18 league, I think that we will see a load of loan deals to clubs at L1, L2 and LL level for those in the 17-19 age bracket. 

15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know what games are scheduled for the younger groups, although I did hear that there was a game at Prestonpans today. Even then I didn't now the kickoff.

It was a solid team performance with most players having decent games. The defence wasn't under too much pressure. Cochrane and Smith were decent in midfield and Moore the best of the forward players.

A wee mention for "Max". He can certainly see a pass before defenders can react which he did several times, including one exquisite flick the put Connor Smith in on goal, but Carswell made a great save.

The players you mention are more likely to be squad players at best for the first half of the season.  Without a Reserve or U18 league, I think that we will see a load of loan deals to clubs at L1, L2 and LL level for those in the 17-19 age bracket. 

FF, do you know whether we're serious about this Max kid? Any idea what the work permit issue is? 

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

FF, do you know whether we're serious about this Max kid? Any idea what the work permit issue is? 

He was certainly someone that Levein was seriously looking at.  The original issues while Levein was there, was firstly that Max was under 18 and FIFA has fairly significant restrictions on the international transfer of minors. There are some geographic exceptions and educational needs also have to be met.  The second issue was that Max is Ukranian so he had no right to be able to work in the EU (I don't know if he qualifies for an EU passport by any other route). 

I have no knowledge of the club's current intentions. It may be the Robbie Neilson just wanted to have a look at him. He is now 18 so is free of FIFA restrictions on movement, but we have the added complication of the UK having exited the EU, so obtaining a work permit may be even more difficult than before.

33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He was certainly someone that Levein was seriously looking at.  The original issues while Levein was there, was firstly that Max was under 18 and FIFA has fairly significant restrictions on the international transfer of minors. There are some geographic exceptions and educational needs also have to be met.  The second issue was that Max is Ukranian so he had no right to be able to work in the EU (I don't know if he qualifies for an EU passport by any other route). 

I have no knowledge of the club's current intentions. It may be the Robbie Neilson just wanted to have a look at him. He is now 18 so is free of FIFA restrictions on movement, but we have the added complication of the UK having exited the EU, so obtaining a work permit may be even more difficult than before.

FF, thanks. As you say, complicated. 

35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Denis Prychnenko had dual Ukraine/German nationality so could get a work permit as EU citizen.  I suspect we will now be in a Jason Scotland situation with Petrie having his say.