Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Footballfirst

• WDJ87

• Sertse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

If we are playing Spartans tomorrow... who are gonna play CB?

Probably damour and white or something like that

5 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Darge,  Watson, plus other kids 

Edited by soonbe110

Guest ToqueJambo

Enjoyed watching these goals in a crappy friendly more than any other football since shutdown, including CL final and every EPL game.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Enjoyed watching these goals in a crappy friendly more than any other football since shutdown, including CL finals and even EPL game.

What a PHM you are.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

Bayern up by 8 now 🙈 Poor Schalke

Bayern have grabbed back power , winning the Big European trophy will cement their plans. I think they will be winning a lot of games by a mile.

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Worth noting there's not a lot of height or physicality in this team tonight, doesn't seem to be holding them back

Good, I've had enough of that pish. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

5-1 was a popular score last time in Championship 

This team not in on it yet

I am loving it!  Determined not to lose a goal.  :pray:

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Good, I've had enough of that pish. 

Ball on the ground press and pass

11 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

It will be mostly youth.  Spartans aint even a SPFL team.  

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

It will be mostly youth.  Spartans aint even a SPFL team.  

I guess I should have asked "who are our youth CB's" Probably a poor admission but I don't know.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Good win. Panty sniffers will be quivering now. 

Panty sniffing quiverer's. I like that. They will be Quivering panty sniffers after we skant them.

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/academy/academy-team

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/reserves/playing-squad

Sandison, Logan, Darge, Watson.  Although  I am not sure if Sandison went out on loan.

Thanks, was aware of Logan & Watson but thought they were FB's. I see now someone already mentioned those names too 🤦‍♂️ Doing well tonight and cannot even blame the wine 😁

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Enjoyed watching these goals in a crappy friendly more than any other football since shutdown, including CL final and every EPL game.

Full strip on? 

I'm not getting carried away with a 5-0 pre season friendly win over East Fife but if we don't win the Scottish Cup now and retain it this season I'm chucking it all in.

Just now, WDJ87 said:

Thanks, was aware of Logan & Watson but thought they were FB's. I see now someone already mentioned those names too 🤦‍♂️ Doing well tonight and cannot even blame the wine 😁

We could play a 3 man defence with Darge center, Watson left, Logan right.  I've no idea what the team will be though 🤷‍♂️

Maybe Berra make a surprise cameo, or Halket/Hamilton could play 45 mins or 30 mins to fill in for injuries/tiredness.

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

They are.

Michael Aitken who just got his first pro contract is also a CB, as is Callum Flatman if he is still here.

I believe that Callum has left Balerno so must have something lined up.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm not getting carried away with a 5-0 pre season friendly win over East Fife but if we don't win the Scottish Cup now and retain it this season I'm chucking it all in.

We did beat Airdrie 5-0 last season in the scottish cup so we're continuing where we left off.  Just a warm up!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Did we not have a similar score line in a pre-season friendly at Bayview last time we romped the Champ? Good omen...

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Doc Rob said:

I’m really puzzled now. Why name a trialist on the bench, then not bring them on in a friendly match you’re winning at a canter?

Same jigsaw piece i was footering about with earlier.

Pasquale for King

Sky Sports news just showed the goals, mispronounced Halkett and someone called MICHAEL Boyce scored a header. They just seem incapable of getting it right.  

4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I’m really puzzled now. Why name a trialist on the bench, then not bring them on in a friendly match you’re winning at a canter?

Maybe to see how we play. May play tomorrow. Seems to be a youngster. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sky Sports news just showed the goals, mispronounced Halkett and someone called MICHAEL Boyce scored a header. They just seem incapable of getting it right.  

Gave up on Sky years ago, not interested in our game at all. Surprised they showed the goals, must be short on stories. Jeff Stelling and his "Roath Ravers" is good for a laugh tho

11 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

He could play on Saturday or Tuesday.  Could have been getting primed for formations and tactics.  Perhaps the manager didn't think he was ready or didn't deserve to get ahead of the others.

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

He could play on Saturday or Tuesday.  Could have been getting primed for formations and tactics.  Perhaps the manager didn't think he was ready or didn't deserve to get ahead of the others.

Everyone has to get used to no fans being in the stadium, a trialist trying out the lack of atmosphere. 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, romac said:

It's probably just my phone, but that photo looks like a Lowry painting. Love it.

Lovely hint of the night sky, coming thru the floodlights support on the left hand side, it is a crackin photo 👍🏼🇱🇻

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Boof said:

Any footage of the last 2 goals?

I was wondering that, ended up watching the 11 v 11s again, and drone footage.

Mind when Burnley scudded us 4-1 and it didn’t matter cause it’s a friendly 👀👀👀 

Second goal is a beaut as is Walkers. Good to see the new boys linking up well and also nice to see a striker scoring as well. Do we play Caley tomorrow as well, or have I got my info wrong? 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Mind when Burnley scudded us 4-1 and it didn’t matter cause it’s a friendly 👀👀👀 

Second goal is a beaut as is Walkers. Good to see the new boys linking up well and also nice to see a striker scoring as well. Do we play Caley tomorrow as well, or have I got my info wrong? 

Spartans tomorrow, Falkirk mid-week (I think) and Partick on Saturday.

Do we know if East Fife (fielded different XIs in each half) and Spartans will have tested their squads in the last seven days, given that Hearts abide by the testing regime. 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Do we know if East Fife (fielded different XIs in each half) and Spartans will have tested their squads in the last seven days, given that Hearts abide by the testing regime. 

Do not know for sure but my guess would be no. Both are part timers I am sure...

Match report

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/match-report-hearts-5-0-east-fife

Hearts continued their pre-season preparations with a comfortable victory over East Fife at Tynecastle this evening.

The Jambos played with too much pace and intensity for their part-time opponents as they blitzed the Methil outfit with three first-half goals, before adding another two in the second half.

Hearts started on the front foot, as Olly Lee found Liam Boyce with a precise through pass; the Northern Irish striker then slipped in Elliott Frear, but the winger drove his shot wide. They took the lead soon after when Craig Halkett volleyed home Jamie Walker’s corner.

It was almost two after 15 minutes when Boyce slid through Ben Garuccio, who drew out keeper Jordan Hart but could only chip the ball over the bar. Boyce was next to threaten when Michael Smith’s deep cross found him at the back post, but Hart saved well.

Moments later, it was 2-0. Frear found the ball out on the right wing and cut it inside to Jordan Roberts. Roberts touched the ball back to Frear, who curled home.

A minute later, Hearts made it three. Lee drew a save from Hart following a swift break, and from the resulting corner, the ball broke to Walker who fired his shot high into the net.

Just before the break, Frear cut in off the right wing and crossed for Roberts, who could only head over the bar. Boyce did manage to get himself on the scoresheet less than a minute into the second half, however, as he nodded home from a Smith cross.

East Fife, having replaced their entire side at half-time, enjoyed more possession and territory in the second period, having the benefit of freshness, and brought out a couple of routine saves from Craig Gordon, without threatening a great deal.

With 12 minutes remaining, Hearts made it 5-0. Frear’s corner was nodded down by Halkett, and Chris Hamilton prodded the ball home from close range to complete the scoring.