• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Spellczech

14 hours ago, David McCaig said:

How about his Hearts record?

Championship Winners

SPL 3rd

SPL 2nd at time of departure.

Damn you and your reality-based opinions.

Next you'll be telling us the Earth is round.

23 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Stendel has a much better record down South.  It doesn't prove at all that Neilson is a much better manager at all. 

47 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

An irregularly shaped ellipsoid, actually. ;)

On 20/09/2020 at 21:16, been here before said:

Talking of Stendal, whatever happened to the overnight JKB experts in gegenpressen and its nuances who would regaile us with their big brainy heids about how he was going to revolutionise things Deutscher style.

Personally I thought the links posted about that were quite interesting. Was pretty clear we didn't have the players for it though...

Not sure I get the romantic notion a lot of Hearts fans seem to have the Stendel was a good choice or did an ok job. He was a bomb scare from start to finish, his squad selection, motivation etc. was poor.

He is as culpable as anyone else for us going down. Not a view most will agree with but I do believe we would have been better off sticking with what we had or bringing in someone a bit closer to home.

Maybe I am being generous however at a point we go to St Mirren knowing the season could be called off at any point and a victory could be the difference between relegation and survival I don't believe Levein and co lose.

Everything which came out of him was noise that wasn't replicated on what was occurring on the field.

I guess you've forgotten that his squad beat Rangers at Tynecastle twice, destroyed Hibs at Easter Road, with their fans leaving soon after half time, (nothing new there) and drew with 3rd place Motherwell.  Another 8 games and we'd have been well clear of the relegation zone.

3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

I guess you've forgotten that his squad beat Rangers at Tynecastle twice, destroyed Hibs at Easter Road, with their fans leaving soon after half time, (nothing new there) and drew with 3rd place Motherwell.  Another 8 games and we'd have been well clear of the relegation zone.

In a nutshell. 👏👏

3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Hamilton beat Rangers at Ibrox. So I wouldn't use beating Rangers as an achievement. Hibs are easy and Motherwell are weird. 

7 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

Not sure I get the romantic notion a lot of Hearts fans seem to have the Stendel was a good choice or did an ok job. He was a bomb scare from start to finish, his squad selection, motivation etc. was poor.

He is as culpable as anyone else for us going down. Not a view most will agree with but I do believe we would have been better off sticking with what we had or bringing in someone a bit closer to home.

Maybe I am being generous however at a point we go to St Mirren knowing the season could be called off at any point and a victory could be the difference between relegation and survival I don't believe Levein and co lose.

Everything which came out of him was noise that wasn't replicated on what was occurring on the field.

I can't see any reason to expect Craig Leveins team to have won at Paisley. Stendel failed and there's no proving either way if Levein could have done better (you can't get worse than bottom though). In Leveins final game against St Johnstone the players had absolutely nothing left. They just showed up and tried to get through the 90 minutes, no drive or ambition to win the game, they had **** all left to give. That's why Budge binned him.

On 20/09/2020 at 21:16, been here before said:

Talking of Stendal, whatever happened to the overnight JKB experts in gegenpressen and its nuances who would regaile us with their big brainy heids about how he was going to revolutionise things Deutscher style.

Don't take this the wrong way but you clearly hate kickback so why do you bother?

You add nothing to any thread and simply have not earned the right to make snidey wee comments like that.

No offence.:)

wattie exploited
On 18/09/2020 at 14:02, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The Stendel affair. I have nothing bad to say about the lad , he did not get a fair crack. No on knows how things would of turned out , if the last 8 games had been played. That is about it really. Wish him all the best. I will listen to the podcast when it is free, curious.

this :HeartsManspotrun: