English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Just now, Footballfirst said:

It was less of a penalty than the similar challenge on Forrest on Saturday

Agreed. I have no idea what the VAR officials see. VAR causing far more problems than it solves.

• Replies 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If one team can feel very hard done by in the EPL this season, then that team is Wolverhampton Wanderers. Again they have just been shafted by an absurd penalty decision against them.

The first against them was very harsh.   He touched the ball.   Planted his foot on the ground.   The Fulham player touched said foot and went down.   If that's a penalty why didn't A Forrest get one. 

The second one was harder to judge.   I'm saying dive for a penalty rather than foul but it's close. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If one team can feel very hard done by in the EPL this season, then that team is Wolverhampton Wanderers. Again they have just been shafted by an absurd penalty decision against them.

Refs giving penalties where there is the slightest touch on a player, even if the player going down initiates the contact and he could easily have stayed on feet.

In addition, Fulham could easily have gone down to 10 men for headbutt but ironically Wolves guy didn't go down.

Watching the different angles you're saying penalty, oh wait, I'm  wrong no penalty. 

I'm sticking with no penalty for the first one against Wolves.  Good angle from the side showing it's a dive. 

Second penalty looks like contact from the knee to thigh.  Ljundberg saying as such on review.   So a penalty unfortunately. 

Back to Forrest, camera's facing from the Wheatfield is all you need for the right angle.   Clearly stepped on but no pen' 🤣 

Edited by HMFC01

Wasn’t sure about the first Fulham penalty, but I thought the guy Wilson bought the second one. There was a brush of legs, but not enough to go down. Wilson of Fulham feigned a trip that didn’t exist as by that stage Gomes of Wolves was pulling his leg away.

The referee has since admitted that he got the first Fulham penalty wrong, but, ironically, he wasn’t asked to review it on the monitor. Conversely, he didn’t give the second in real time, VAR suggested to review what was NOT a clear and obvious error by him and then the ref changed his mind. So, as we’ve seen previously, VAR is effectively refereeing the match but not doing it consistently, even within the same game, and to the detriment of the same team, twice.

The way that VAR is being used currently is ruining the game. It’s encouraging cheating (numerous examples this season of attackers buying the softest of penalties, as per), plus Fulham avoided what 99 times out of 100 would have been a straight red card for the clear and aggressive head-butt on Max Kilman of Wolves, despite VAR looking at the incident. Kilman’s mistake was being honest enough not go down in a heap clutching his face as most players do nowadays under such circumstances. 

Pasquale for King

Wolves have been incredibly hard done by, but ffs tell these guys to stop making ill advised tackles, probably not even that, just dangling legs out or not realising the situation they are in. 

On 26/11/2023 at 18:16, Seaside Dave said:

Arsenal win. Kai havertz with the winner. Spurs lose. Big Ange in the mud. City Liverpool both drop points. Arsenal looking good to be Christmas day champions 

Ps Trevor Sinclair overhead kick QPR Vs Forrest is the best overhead kick 

:spoton:

Samuel Camazzola

Arsenal win. Kai havertz with the winner. Spurs lose. Big Ange in the mud. City Liverpool both drop points. Arsenal looking good to be Christmas day champions 

Against Barnsley. 😉 

Not in top 3 in my opinion. 

Ive remembered Rivaldo v Valencia which takes top spot. Last minute of final game of the season to complete a hattrick and secure a Champions League place. Controlled on the chest from outside the box and caught it perfectly. 

Mexes second and Zlatan third 

Malinga the Swinga

John Robertson, equaliser against Rangers in injury time, 1984 game at Tynecastle in 2-2 draw is best overhead kick, well sort of overhead kick, imo.

All the rest are in minor matches as Hearts not involved.

Pasquale for King

Zlatan definitely the best for me, especially against those opponents with Joe Hart in goal (or somewhere on the pitch 😆). 

5 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

John Robertson, equaliser against Rangers in injury time, 1984 game at Tynecastle in 2-2 draw is best overhead kick, well sort of overhead kick, imo.

All the rest are in minor matches as Hearts not involved.

Edited by Luckies1874

13 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

This is going to upset a certain poster but I couldn't give a flying one. Robbo' equaliser  against the then Rangers at the death was the Eleventh of February 1984. This is ingrained in my mind as it was the day we on Hms Fife were relieved of our station down the Falkland Islands by Hms Liverpool. We were 2 zip down at halftime and messmate was a massive Bluenose and he had been giving it to me large.

Well we got the last Ten minutes of commentary from the BBC World Service. I was jumping high when Derek O'Connor scored our first, when Robbo' scored the equaliser I went absolutely Radio Rental and the Bluenose got his own medicine back in spades. We still remind each other about it until this day.

Wee Parkie's goal at Ibrox. Note the full house.....not at Ibrox.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

This is going to upset a certain poster but I couldn't give a flying one. Robbo' equaliser  against the then Rangers at the death was the Eleventh of February 1984. This is ingrained in my mind as it was the day we on Hms Fife were relieved of our station down the Falkland Islands by Hms Liverpool. We were 2 zip down at halftime and messmate was a massive Bluenose and he had been giving it to me large.

Well we got the last Ten minutes of commentary from the BBC World Service. I was jumping high when Derek O'Connor scored our first, when Robbo' scored the equaliser I went absolutely Radio Rental and the Bluenose got his own medicine back in spades. We still remind each other about it until this day.

Wee Parkie's goal at Ibrox. Note the full house.....not at Ibrox.

Great story John! Crazy that it will be 40 years ago in a couple of months time. 

That was my first full season watching us. Was sat with my old man on the benches to the right of the Shed. To this day Robbo is my hero. 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Great story John! Crazy that it will be 40 years ago in a couple of months time. 

That was my first full season watching us. Was sat with my old man on the benches to the right of the Shed. To this day Robbo is my hero. 

I was Twenty years old at the time. I had got married May 14th that year. The day we officially got promoted back to the top league. Spent my first festive season as a married man down the South Atlantic. No complaints. It was the life I had chosen at the time. One of my prized treasures was my late Father had got a Hearts Christmas card signed by the whole squad and Doddie at the time and sent it down to me.

I was over the moon.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I was Twenty years old at the time. I had got married May 14th that year. The day we officially got promoted back to the top league. Spent my first festive season as a married man down the South Atlantic. No complaints. It was the life I had chosen at the time. One of my prized treasures was my late Father had got a Hearts Christmas card signed by the whole squad and Doddie at the time and sent it down to me.

I was over the moon.

That's class. Despite some incredibly sore endings that mid to late eighties period was a brilliant time to watch Hearts.

32 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

That's class. Despite some incredibly sore endings that mid to late eighties period was a brilliant time to watch Hearts.

👍

10 hours ago, Cade said:

Arsenal 2-0 up on Wolves after 13 minutes

Made very hard work of that game in the end. But a wins a win. Utd lose and city Vs spurs someone is dropping points. Good weekend for me with a hearts and arsenal double win 

joondalupjambo

How is that shirt pull / grab in the box by the Everton midfielder on the Notts Forest guy not a penalty?  Way worse than the one Haring did.  Commentary said outside the box a foul all day long but obviously different rules for inside the box.  Watch it on MoD catch up or live shortly.

For about 80 minutes that Newcastle performance was one of the best I’ve seen. 
Ran out of steam towards the end because they have nobody on the bench but Man Utd looked shell shocked. 

RustyRightPeg
26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

For about 80 minutes that Newcastle performance was one of the best I’ve seen. 
Ran out of steam towards the end because they have nobody on the bench but Man Utd looked shell shocked. 

Understandably. They didn’t make a sub in Paris during the week either. Most of those players have played 180 minutes at intensity.

Newcastle full back Livramento has a Scottish mother. Played for England at most youth levels unfortunately and he will probably play for them. Looks a great acquisition by Eddie Howe from Southampton. 

2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

How is that shirt pull / grab in the box by the Everton midfielder on the Notts Forest guy not a penalty?  Way worse than the one Haring did.  Commentary said outside the box a foul all day long but obviously different rules for inside the box.  Watch it on MoD catch up or live shortly.

not only that but forest conceded a penalty for the same thing the week before

Sadly I predict an absolute hounding against Spurs this afternoon. Another week with no available centre half’s. A defence made of 4 full backs is no way to face Man City and Haaland. And Bissouma even though he started the season is no replacement for Bentancur. 

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Sadly I predict an absolute hounding against Spurs this afternoon. Another week with no available centre half’s. A defence made of 4 full backs is no way to face Man City and Haaland. And Bissouma even though he started the season is no replacement for Bentancur. 

Well that's some start.

39 minutes ago, 151 said:

No team has ever scored first and lost 4 in a row in the premier league.

Spurs: ::troll::

Did they play the  reigning European & English champions with a full team of injuries & suspensions unavailable? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Did they play the  reigning European & English champions with a full team of injuries & suspensions unavailable? 

With the amount of money Spurs have spent, that's not much of an excuse.

4 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Couldn't tell you :lol:

Did the last 3 opponents have such merits? 

Still doesn't change the fact they went ahead again. Even against said champions. I like Ange but he looks a bit lost now.

7 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

With the amount of money Spurs have spent, that's not much of an excuse.

And how much money have Spurs spent compared to other clubs?

7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

West Ham are fn terrible to watch 

They play Tottenham Thursday they’ll up their game for that it’s West Ham’s cup final bit like Chelsea rubbish 90% of the time then Tottenham rock up and they turn into world beaters 

Fitzroy Pointon

Spotted this on Twitter. What the **** is he even doing? Honestly how any club can think this guy is even anywhere near to being a goalkeeper is beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

They play Tottenham Thursday they’ll up their game for that it’s West Ham’s cup final bit like Chelsea rubbish 90% of the time then Tottenham rock up and they turn into world beaters 

That might have something to do with Tottenham if they are the constant.

Been pretty apathetic towards Spurs didnt think the fans were like this. A wee bit Rangers with Aberdeen.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And how much money have Spurs spent compared to other clubs?

Loads. They've wasted hundreds of millions, and couldn't even win a league when 2nd tier Leicester were their only challengers. Apparently they can't build a squad to deal with a few injuries, though.

Joe Louis certainly isn't short of money.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

1 minute ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Loads. They've wasted hundreds of millions, and couldn't even win a league when 2nd tier Leicester were their only challengers. Apparently they can't build a squad to deal with a few injuries, though.

Joe Louis certainly isn't short of money.

And in the summer? Past spending doesn’t matter its current spending. And Joe Lewis isn’t exactly known for big spending and the revenue comes from the clubs turnover. And when you say a few injuries it’s a bit of an understatement. 

26 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Can’t see it

They play not to lose

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

That’s ridiculous from Spurs. Bissouma is a constant bombscare. 

Yep. Ability everywhere apart from between his ears. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And in the summer? Past spending doesn’t matter its current spending. And Joe Lewis isn’t exactly known for big spending and the revenue comes from the clubs turnover. And when you say a few injuries it’s a bit of an understatement. 

Seems like a lame excuse to me. Especially coming from a club that claims to be one of the biggest in England.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Every one of them know the ref ****ed up :laugh:

Or did he? Grealish looked off to me and the linesman may have said that to the ref.