Jump to content

English Premier League.


maroonlegions

Recommended Posts

Both reds were fair I’d say. Udoge one was just daft from a young player, Romero always plays on the edge so it happens occasionally. The final score was sort of inevitable as you have to press if you’re 2-1 down no matter how many players you have on the pitch. The biggest downer from the match is it looks like Mickey Van de Ven will be out for quite some time and he is having a great season. 
And Sterling remains a diving little shit, twice he dived claiming penalties and barely a peep from the commentators. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    1817

  • Tazio

    665

  • Maroon Sailor

    630

  • neilnunb

    602

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Never get me agreeing with the modern offside rule.  The second goal for Chelsea shouldn’t stand. 
 

Jackson gained an unfair advantage being offside by 5,6 yards and being able to follow the ball in that was played into Sterling.  The same passage of play. 

Totally. A ridiculous part of the offside rule that it’s all about the player getting the ball first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I've just checked the IFAB Laws of the Game and you are correct, but I seem to recall that the laws previously only referred to starting the game with fewer than 7 players (may be from a few years ago).

 

I remember that Ibrox game where we had 4 sent off, 1 more and it would have been abandoned. At the time I felt someone could have kicked the ref up the arse to prompt it, but we ended up with the Andy Thorne game so all's well, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

 

I remember that Ibrox game where we had 4 sent off, 1 more and it would have been abandoned. At the time I felt someone could have kicked the ref up the arse to prompt it, but we ended up with the Andy Thorne game so all's well, etc.

Sheff Utd v West Brom was abandoned, Utd had 3 sent off then 2 injured off.

Utd manager at the time was Niel Warnock. Who was completely at it.

I'm sure it was declared 3-0 to WBA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

 

End of the day, what tactics wouldn't have resulted in a hammering with 9 men? At least they gave it a shot.

 

Against that Chelsea team the obvious tactic was to sit on the edge of the box and frsutrate the life out of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Against that Chelsea team the obvious tactic was to sit on the edge of the box and frsutrate the life out of them.

 

When you go down to 9 men you're losing the game anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

 

When you go down to 9 men you're losing the game anyway

 

I've seen us failing to beat a rangers team that was down to 9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

 

I've seen us failing to beat a rangers team that was down to 9

 

Fair, but this wasn't rangers, this was Chelsea. At the end of the day though, the real answer is that it's the manager's favoured way of doing things. It's something that will have won him a lot of kudos with Spurs fans too, they love all that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

I've seen us failing to beat a rangers team that was down to 9

Levein's first match as manager?  I believe he brought a defender on for a defender when Rangers were down to 9 men.  This was near the start of our longest winless run against the Old Firm which someone just alluded to on another thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Levein's first match as manager?  I believe he brought a defender on for a defender when Rangers were down to 9 men.  This was near the start of our longest winless run against the Old Firm which someone just alluded to on another thread.

 

Can't remember much about the game except the much-maligned Bert Konterman decided to have the best game of his life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Can't remember much about the game except the much-maligned Bert Konterman decided to have the best game of his life.

 

I seem to remember it may have been a Rangers penalty that won it for them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

I've seen us failing to beat a rangers team that was down to 9

I saw Hibs fail to beat a Nine man Hearts team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Psychedelicropcircle
20 hours ago, Armageddon said:


That was superb 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Best game I’ve watched in a while! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

West Ham continue to fail upwards. 

 

Be interesting seeing a Championship side in Europe next season, given that they'll somehow turn around and win it despite being massively average in the Premier League. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bad day for Spurs. Maddison out until the new year and Mickey Van de Ven out until probably March. And Romero banned for the next 3 games. This next month and a half is going to be a real trial losing the most creative midfielder and both first choice centre half’s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malinga the Swinga
10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Bad day for Spurs. Maddison out until the new year and Mickey Van de Ven out until probably March. And Romero banned for the next 3 games. This next month and a half is going to be a real trial losing the most creative midfielder and both first choice centre half’s. 

Shame injuries aren't more serious, especially in Maddison's case. Decent player but dives/cheats continually to get opponents into trouble. Hopefully it is the start of their decline into mediocrity where they belong.

In any case, given money they have spent, they should have a squad to replace anyone missing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shame injuries aren't more serious, especially in Maddison's case. Decent player but dives/cheats continually to get opponents into trouble. Hopefully it is the start of their decline into mediocrity where they belong.

In any case, given money they have spent, they should have a squad to replace anyone missing.

You really are a miserable bubble of joylessness. How dare a team attempt to be ambitious, everyone should just accept their place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

You really are a miserable bubble of joylessness. How dare a team attempt to be ambitious, everyone should just accept their place. 

Of dear, what a shame. Wolves deserved it as Tottenham were miserable after first 3 minutes and their manager beginning to be shown as overrated and tactically clueless.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

alicante jambo

Glad they got beat. Never liked postecoglue arrogant prick. Never really rated him either just another celtic manager with loads of money more than the rest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Not the best start to the 2nd for Chelsea though. 

Haalands that good, he’s scoring with his piece now 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had a wee thought watching this. The new rule that if you get treatment on the pitch you have to go off after it for 30 seconds to discourage time wasting. It doesn’t seem to apply to keepers, Ederson has the trainer on and then continues. I can see why but it means each team has a player who can feign injury without being penalised. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Compare this, to the Celtic game on Sky earlier, and it explains why our TV deal is a pittance.

And the TV deal largely explains the difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Compare this, to the Celtic game on Sky earlier, and it explains why our TV deal is a pittance.

 

Why would you compare it?

 

Our deal should be compared with Denmark and Norway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, briever said:

 

Why would you compare it?

 

Our deal should be compared with Denmark and Norway.

Not really comparing it per se.

 

More highlighting that who, from outside of Scotland, would tune in to watch Celtic batter teams in barely competitive fixtures week in week out to merit more money from a TV deal?
 

Games being competitive are often just as entertaining as games containing the highest quality. The games Sky choose to broadcast don’t offers neither.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And the TV deal largely explains the difference.

True, the money is also distributed far better in England too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

heartgarfunkel
4 minutes ago, briever said:

Had to be that massive james hunt Rodri scoring.

He's absolutely brilliant though - ***** you love to hate but would kill to have him in your team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, heartgarfunkel said:

He's absolutely brilliant though - ***** you love to hate but would kill to have him in your team.

 

Cracking player - massive james hunt.

 

Pen for Chelski.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I can’t stand Chelsea but have to say you’re not getting dull games with them this season. 

No definitely not, they are very open which brings excitement, although City have been uncharacteristically equal to that today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...