Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I've just checked the IFAB Laws of the Game and you are correct, but I seem to recall that the laws previously only referred to starting the game with fewer than 7 players (may be from a few years ago).

I remember that Ibrox game where we had 4 sent off, 1 more and it would have been abandoned. At the time I felt someone could have kicked the ref up the arse to prompt it, but we ended up with the Andy Thorne game so all's well, etc.

6 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I remember that Ibrox game where we had 4 sent off, 1 more and it would have been abandoned. At the time I felt someone could have kicked the ref up the arse to prompt it, but we ended up with the Andy Thorne game so all's well, etc.

Sheff Utd v West Brom was abandoned, Utd had 3 sent off then 2 injured off.

Utd manager at the time was Niel Warnock. Who was completely at it.

I'm sure it was declared 3-0 to WBA.

11 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

End of the day, what tactics wouldn't have resulted in a hammering with 9 men? At least they gave it a shot.

Against that Chelsea team the obvious tactic was to sit on the edge of the box and frsutrate the life out of them.

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Against that Chelsea team the obvious tactic was to sit on the edge of the box and frsutrate the life out of them.

When you go down to 9 men you're losing the game anyway

30 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

When you go down to 9 men you're losing the game anyway

I've seen us failing to beat a rangers team that was down to 9

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Fair, but this wasn't rangers, this was Chelsea. At the end of the day though, the real answer is that it's the manager's favoured way of doing things. It's something that will have won him a lot of kudos with Spurs fans too, they love all that.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Levein's first match as manager?  I believe he brought a defender on for a defender when Rangers were down to 9 men.  This was near the start of our longest winless run against the Old Firm which someone just alluded to on another thread.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Levein's first match as manager?  I believe he brought a defender on for a defender when Rangers were down to 9 men.  This was near the start of our longest winless run against the Old Firm which someone just alluded to on another thread.

Can't remember much about the game except the much-maligned Bert Konterman decided to have the best game of his life.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Can't remember much about the game except the much-maligned Bert Konterman decided to have the best game of his life.

I seem to remember it may have been a Rangers penalty that won it for them?

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I saw Hibs fail to beat a Nine man Hearts team.

Psychedelicropcircle
20 hours ago, Armageddon said:

That was superb 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Best game I’ve watched in a while! 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

West Ham continue to fail upwards. 

Be interesting seeing a Championship side in Europe next season, given that they'll somehow turn around and win it despite being massively average in the Premier League. 

Bad day for Spurs. Maddison out until the new year and Mickey Van de Ven out until probably March. And Romero banned for the next 3 games. This next month and a half is going to be a real trial losing the most creative midfielder and both first choice centre half’s. 

Malinga the Swinga
10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Bad day for Spurs. Maddison out until the new year and Mickey Van de Ven out until probably March. And Romero banned for the next 3 games. This next month and a half is going to be a real trial losing the most creative midfielder and both first choice centre half’s. 

Shame injuries aren't more serious, especially in Maddison's case. Decent player but dives/cheats continually to get opponents into trouble. Hopefully it is the start of their decline into mediocrity where they belong.

In any case, given money they have spent, they should have a squad to replace anyone missing.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shame injuries aren't more serious, especially in Maddison's case. Decent player but dives/cheats continually to get opponents into trouble. Hopefully it is the start of their decline into mediocrity where they belong.

In any case, given money they have spent, they should have a squad to replace anyone missing.

You really are a miserable bubble of joylessness. How dare a team attempt to be ambitious, everyone should just accept their place. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

You really are a miserable bubble of joylessness. How dare a team attempt to be ambitious, everyone should just accept their place. 

Of dear, what a shame. Wolves deserved it as Tottenham were miserable after first 3 minutes and their manager beginning to be shown as overrated and tactically clueless.

alicante jambo

Glad they got beat. Never liked postecoglue arrogant prick. Never really rated him either just another celtic manager with loads of money more than the rest. 

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Not the best start to the 2nd for Chelsea though. 

Haalands that good, he’s scoring with his piece now 😂

Just had a wee thought watching this. The new rule that if you get treatment on the pitch you have to go off after it for 30 seconds to discourage time wasting. It doesn’t seem to apply to keepers, Ederson has the trainer on and then continues. I can see why but it means each team has a player who can feign injury without being penalised. 

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Compare this, to the Celtic game on Sky earlier, and it explains why our TV deal is a pittance.

And the TV deal largely explains the difference.

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Compare this, to the Celtic game on Sky earlier, and it explains why our TV deal is a pittance.

Why would you compare it?

Our deal should be compared with Denmark and Norway.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, briever said:

Why would you compare it?

Our deal should be compared with Denmark and Norway.

Not really comparing it per se.

More highlighting that who, from outside of Scotland, would tune in to watch Celtic batter teams in barely competitive fixtures week in week out to merit more money from a TV deal?

Games being competitive are often just as entertaining as games containing the highest quality. The games Sky choose to broadcast don’t offers neither.

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And the TV deal largely explains the difference.

True, the money is also distributed far better in England too.

heartgarfunkel
4 minutes ago, briever said:

Had to be that massive james hunt Rodri scoring.

He's absolutely brilliant though - ***** you love to hate but would kill to have him in your team.

Just now, heartgarfunkel said:

He's absolutely brilliant though - ***** you love to hate but would kill to have him in your team.

Cracking player - massive james hunt.

Pen for Chelski.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I can’t stand Chelsea but have to say you’re not getting dull games with them this season. 

No definitely not, they are very open which brings excitement, although City have been uncharacteristically equal to that today