English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Fitzroy Pointon

Lovely goal there. Ange mate taking a pasting. 

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Treasurer

Hopefully that is the final straw, and Moyes time is up 

Seaside Dave
1 hour ago, BangkokHearts said:

Wheels have fallen off the fat Aussie's bus. facing a fourth loss in a row. First for Spurs since 2004.

When arsenal last won the league too 😳😳 maybe it's a sign 😂😂😂

Seaside Dave
10 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

well wait a wee minute 😂

Lol lol all good. Spurs in the bin and sent back to London 

jock _turd

Good game ! Liverpool took thier foot off the gas and gave Spurs a sniff.

Seaside Dave
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Moyes out

Great way to finish. Beat man city in Manchester on final game 

RedStarRiot

West Ham fans are a strange breed. They are like Hibs in the sense they believe they are renowned for playing good football. In my life time West Ham have rarely played entertaining football and have been generally crap battling relegation on multiple occasions. They then have their best seasons in a generation with Moyes and actually win something but want him out! 

Now it seems they have hired a new manager with Moyes still in limbo. 

Watch West Ham finish bottom half next year. 

frankblack
3 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

West Ham fans are a strange breed. They are like Hibs in the sense they believe they are renowned for playing good football. In my life time West Ham have rarely played entertaining football and have been generally crap battling relegation on multiple occasions. They then have their best seasons in a generation with Moyes and actually win something but want him out! 

Its a very strange appointment going for a manager who has done very poorly in the two EPL clubs he has managed.

Not a step up in my view.

frankblack
17 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

The Fulham and Spurs away games are the tough ones for City.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its a very strange appointment going for a manager who has done very poorly in the two EPL clubs he has managed.

David Ornstein who is as reliable as they come is reporting that he's knocked back Bayern Munich to join West Ham. Astonishing when you think about it. There's only one Super League, and we're watching it with our very own eyes.

milky_26
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

hasnt he only managed wolves in the EPL?

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Lol lol all good. Spurs in the bin and sent back to London 

Probably worse case for Arsenal now rho, Spurs likley having nothing t pkay for. 

Arsenal could have done with spurs in with a chance to catch Villa or battling for European football.

Now even their fans won't care if City beat them

If anything,  Fulham away could be the tricky one, they can be handy on their day.

Man utd fans are in a pickle as well, beat Arsenal to hand city the league!

milky_26
10 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

it screams of the pellegrini appointment which lasted 6 months, then they had to call for moyes again to save them

frankblack
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

David Ornstein who is as reliable as they come is reporting that he's knocked back Bayern Munich to join West Ham. Astonishing when you think about it. There's only one Super League, and we're watching it with our very own eyes.

His record was decent in Spain but he had serious issues in his English positions.  Maybe it could have worked in Germany but I doubt West Ham is right for him.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Has he ever won there, about 100 visits to the big teams with 1 win. Hope he does though. 

frankblack
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

hasnt he only managed wolves in the EPL?

I thought he had another position briefly but I could be wrong.

Edit: I thought he managed someone else in England but was wrong.

I think he inherited decent players at Wolves but something went wrong there.

Edited by frankblack

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Always trust the fans about a manager, Spurs are similar in their belief they play great football 😆
Winning the Conference league would be like us winning the Challenge cup considering the budgets of the competing teams. 
Extremely strange situation in the UK with the manager leaving and the new one being hired, Liverpool too have done this, but not uncommon everywhere else.

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

It’ll be interesting to see if they allow Postecoglu to spend and make it his squad.

I think Levy realises he need to choose a manager for a longer term project, but I think he might also be realising that it’s not this manager.

I think the fans are happy enough and he will be backed in the summer, cant see him returning to Celtic for any players though. 

frankblack
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the fans are happy enough and he will be backed in the summer, cant see him returning to Celtic for any players though. 

He hasn't spent the Harry Kane money so could have a decent fund to recruit from, just no Champions League...

Mikey1874

Next Scottish Premier League manager?

First time in a while won't have one.

milky_26
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He hasn't spent the Harry Kane money so could have a decent fund to recruit from, just no Champions League...

are you sure about that?

brennan johnson £47M

james maddison £40M

pedro porro £45M (was on loan previously)

mickey van de ven £34M potentially rising to £43M

dejan kulusevski £26M (was on loan previously)

radu dragusin £27M

guglielmo vicario £20M

alejo veliz £13M

Harry kane was what £100M, they also brought in circa £20M for winks and sanchez. if you discount kuluesevski and porro fees that is still £181M spent

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think he said himself that they’re not ready for the CL at the moment, you have to agree. Not sure Villa are either considering their Conference results. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Next Scottish Premier League manager?

First time in a while won't have one.

Does it matter? Are the any Scottish managers in any other foreign leagues?

Clarke might get a chance after the Euros, probably Naismith if he keeps progressing. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Does it matter? Are the any Scottish managers in any other foreign leagues?

Clarke might get a chance after the Euros, probably Naismith if he keeps progressing. 

Neilson.

Pasquale for King

Sounds like Moyes has fallen out with the WH technical director also, never a great idea. 

Pasquale for King
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Neilson.

Top leagues? Not lower level with no promotion opportunities. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

frankblack
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he said himself that they’re not ready for the CL at the moment, you have to agree. Not sure Villa are either considering their Conference results. 

Agreed.  Villa are well below your Arsenal, City, Liverpool and probably the likes of Chelsea in terms of being up to CL level opposition.

frankblack
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sounds like Moyes has fallen out with the WH technical director also, never a great idea. 

They have taken a few pastings in recent weeks also.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Agreed.  Villa are well below your Arsenal, City, Liverpool and probably the likes of Chelsea in terms of being up to CL level opposition.

You think Chelsea are ready to compete in the Champions League?

RedStarRiot
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Moyes probably knows a thing or two about football than the technical director they hired. Whilst not always a success (Man Utd) he’s made a good career for himself in the premier league and is incredibly experienced. This TD started showing up at first team training etc which seems to have caused friction and rightly so. Moyes won’t be short on offers when a bottom half club sack their manager. He’s done a relatively decent job at West Ham and Everton 

milky_26
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

i dont think they ever got on

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agree with that, but if he’s spent over 250 million quid in less than a year as one poster has outlined above, they should be a damn sight closer…..

Tommy Brown
On 04/05/2024 at 17:56, Seaside Dave said:

For goalkeeper taking out a players trailing leg. Take your hate arsenal specks off 

Trailing leg certainly.

Haverrz trailed it for contact.

The Real Maroonblood
37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Top leagues? Not lower level with no promotion opportunities. 

You didn’t say top leagues.

kingantti1874

Havertz initiated contact.  Wasn’t a pen.  And I want Arsenal to win this league.  Players who overtly initiate the contact should be booked.  That ****er edouard cost us a cup doing that. 

Man City’s wasn’t a pen either, a 50:50 unintended collision well after the city player played the ball. Football is a contact sport.  Not all contact is a fouls or a pen.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

They have taken a few pastings in recent weeks also.

Yeah, no win in 6.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You didn’t say top leagues.

You are right 

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Agree with that, but if he’s spent over 250 million quid in less than a year as one poster has outlined above, they should be a damn sight closer…..

Yeah thats true, cant really stand the London Hibs so hadn’t realised they had spent so much, which is a lot for them..

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RedStarRiot said:

I think Moyes probably knows a thing or two about football than the technical director they hired. Whilst not always a success (Man Utd) he’s made a good career for himself in the premier league and is incredibly experienced. This TD started showing up at first team training etc which seems to have caused friction and rightly so. Moyes won’t be short on offers when a bottom half club sack their manager. He’s done a relatively decent job at West Ham and Everton 

That doesn’t mean you can fall out with your boss, who knows what the guy was doing there tbh. Moyes has fallen out with numerous players and journalists ovef the yesrs, he doesn’t seem to like being questioned by folk he doesn’t feel are knowledgeable enough to do so. 

Depends on the situation but i would imagine the guy was there to see for himself what training was like, possibly a bit out of date, and was to confirm that they should hire someone new. 
People that have worked in football think only they can understand what the game is all about, unfortunately for them it’s not rocket science . 

Rick Sanchez

Dougie Freedman to Newcastle as DoF. Wasn't he close to coming here?

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

As manager I thought. 

Newcastle needed to replace Ashworth, he seems a good appointment on paper. Has done a decent job at Palace. Eze, Olise, Doucoure, Guehi and Andersen. All top signings.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

As a manager, looks like he picked the right job. 

Jamhammer

Moyes gone at end of season

Right time 

Bad Religion
4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He was the proxy the club put in front of the media before Levein appointed himself. 

IronJambo
32 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Right time 

But it looks like we're about to suffer Lopetegui. Typical of Sullivan to aspire to do things as cheaply as possible without the consideration of trying to make the best appointment possible 🤦

The Treasurer
39 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Right time 

Depends who comes in. 

Not sure about the names being mentioned 

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

But it looks like we're about to suffer Lopetegui. Typical of Sullivan to aspire to do things as cheaply as possible without the consideration of trying to make the best appointment possible 🤦

Cheap fixes have a tendency to cost more in the long run 

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Should be careful what you wish for.