English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Mikey1874
13 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ange has to be under pressure now. You simply don’t get away with getting hammered by your rivals at home. 

Spurs have had most of the play but goals are what matter. 

He'll get time. Needs a fully fit team. He'll be backed for signings. Still going to qualify for Europa League.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

merrymac
3 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Thought Spurs should’ve had a penalty for the heel clip right before Arsenal’s second. And I don’t understand how Havertz can have two hands on the defender while White is blocking the keeper without a foul given. Still it’ll make the title race better and i don’t want to see city win another title. 

Hard to see if it was a heel clip or if he tripped himself up, even if it was it must have been the slightest of touches  Certainly no push by Havertz only had his hands on him for balance . I am sure VAR looked at them both 

If Fraser Forster wasn’t injured he’d be in as keeper now I’d reckon. Vicario is a better keeper but currently a corner against Spurs is a realistic chance of a goal. 

RustyRightPeg
19 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ange has to be under pressure now. You simply don’t get away with getting hammered by your rivals at home. 

Spurs have had most of the play but goals are what matter. 

Why? They’re right where they should be. 

Arsenal are just better. 

Fans like him, he’ll get time. 

Think the Celtic connection takes the shine off how good a manager he actually is. 

Judge them next season. 

Famous 1874
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If Fraser Forster wasn’t injured he’d be in as keeper now I’d reckon. Vicario is a better keeper but currently a corner against Spurs is a realistic chance of a goal. 

Vicario is getting blocked. Spurs need to put a player on the opposition, Ben White in this instance 

CostaJambo

Funny old game football, I thought Saka's first touch for his goal was ridiculously good yet not a peep out of any of the pundits.

colinmaroon

Absolutely love Havertz.  Fabulous all round player, defends, creates, scores.

VALDOS'

As utterly terrible as they are, I've just got a feeling Man United will shit on Arsenal's charge to the title, they've already made a ***** of it for Liverpool in 2 competitions.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

As utterly terrible as they are, I've just got a feeling Man United will shit on Arsenal's charge to the title, they've already made a ***** of it for Liverpool in 2 competitions.

dont think city will drop a point anyway tbh 

Day@theraces
4 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

You have a point. They have been a spoiler team this season. But genuinely think Arsenal will tear them to shreds. Would like to see Arteta aggressive from the start as United are a poor side who have certainly rose their luck ay times this season.

Love Romero. He might be a bit of a nutter but he’s calmed down this season and if you watch his play he’s a fantastic player when he has the ball. 

merrymac
2 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Awful keeping

Surprised Arteta is sticking with him has a  mistake in him

keeping out a decent keeper too 

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Surprised Arteta is sticking with him has a  mistake in him

keeping out a decent keeper too 

The irony being that the thinking is that he’s better with the ball at his feet. 

merrymac
Just now, Tazio said:

The irony being that the thinking is that he’s better with the ball at his feet. 

I know 😳🤣

Sooperstar
58 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Arsenal would have to Hibs this in a very Spursy way to not see this one out.

🙄

theshed
58 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Arsenal would have to Hibs this in a very Spursy way to not see this one out.

Trying their best 

merrymac

If Arsenal drop two points here it’s all down to the keeper 

Spurs we’re getting nowhere till he gifted them

periodictabledancer

Michael Oliver should be asked to explain why he didn't award a clear  penalty for an incident that happened right in front of him. Unbelievable. 

Great game though. 

You need a 11 man performance against Arsenal nowadays and Spurs didn’t today. Porro and Son both had their quietest games in a while over the 90. Also Udogie is a big part of the way the team plays and Davies can’t play the same way as he’s more of a conventional full back. 

Luckies1874

After that result I think if City are to drop points for Arsenal to win the title, then it has to be today. They will win their home games v Wolves and West Ham as well as Fulham away. Ordinarily Spurs away would have the potential to be problematic, as shown by their record there  but no way will Spurs want to gift Arsenal the title and 4th will be gone for them by then so it’s an away banker. Today, in my view, is Arsenal's one hope, given Forest have plenty to play for. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

After that result I think if City are to drop points for Arsenal to win the title then it has to be today. They will win their home games v Wolves and West Ham as well as Fulham away. Ordinarily Spurs away would have the potential to be problematic, as shown by their record there but no way will Spurs want to gift Arsenal the title so it’s an away banker. Today in my view is Arsenal's one hope given Forest have plenty to play for. 

Yip and they got points of them last season. 

Spurs might need the points for ucl football tho, will depend if they win games in hand, Spurs could have UCL football or hee haw on the line v City.

Spurs could be in a pickle.

Seaside Dave

Took a keeper error and a foul by rice to make this from a stroll at the park to a nervy game. 3 points and over the road back home. Those sours fans that left at half time hope you got charged full price on the tubes 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Michael Oliver should be asked to explain why he didn't award a clear  penalty for an incident that happened right in front of him. Unbelievable. 

Great game though. 

He'd just say he didn't think it was a pk and waited for VAR.

Which he then reversed.

Seaside Dave

Be back to a point now after city comfortably win 3 nil away to Forrest here 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Seaside Dave said:

Took a keeper error and a foul by rice to make this from a stroll at the park to a nervy game. 3 points and over the road back home. Those sours fans that left at half time hope you got charged full price on the tubes 

That keeper is a liability. 

Seaside Dave
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

He'd just say he didn't think it was a pk and waited for VAR.

Which he then reversed.

He didn't give it like he didn't give the others as he was unsure there was any contact. Var corrected him. It's a shame he missed the 3 blatant dives from Madison and kuluspecky otherwise spurs could have been 3 down and a man down 

Seaside Dave
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That keeper is a liability. 

Also that keeper is one clean sheet away from golden glove with 3 games to go. But yea he scares me lol although all arsenal keepers have scared me since I seen seaman getting lobbed in 95 cup winners cup final from halfway line. 😂

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Also that keeper is one clean sheet away from golden glove with 3 games to go. But yea he scares me lol although all arsenal keepers have scared me since I seen seaman getting lobbed in 95 cup winners cup final from halfway line. 😂

That's the defence tbh, the keeper is a liability,  he has previous.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ederson smashes into the forward and gets the foul.

Var should really be clearing these fouls up.

Malinga the Swinga

City on complete control against Forest. Chris Wood, a guy who's played at top level for years, has missed two sitters whilst only 1 goal down. The guy looks like he has his left foot on right leg and vice versa, yet has made a great living out of being a big huddie upfront.

Forest could well go down if they keep playing like this.

colinmaroon

Having watched Arsenal and Manchester City back to back, give me Arsenal any day.  The excitement of football is not in playing tippy happy triangles etc., one after another.   The excitement is in using those skills to attack and pass/cross the ball creating chances and goals. 

I've nothing against Forrest.   They are so dull and predictable they deserve to go down.    Passing around the wings constantly when the better threat was crossing.   

Luton are a better side but will no doubt get relegated.   Another season for dull Forrest. 

Mikey1874
9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Having watched Arsenal and Manchester City back to back, give me Arsenal any day.  The excitement of football is not in playing tippy happy triangles etc., one after another.   The excitement is in using those skills to attack and pass/cross the ball creating chances and goals. 

Dunno.

Man City played some brilliant football, were resilient and scored 2 very good goals.

Looked like Champions. 

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I've nothing against Forrest.   They are so dull and predictable they deserve to go down.    Passing around the wings constantly when the better threat was crossing.   

Luton are a better side but will no doubt get relegated.   Another season for dull Forrest. 

Forest were incompetent basically. All goes back to their transfer policy probably. Signing 5 goalkeepers never produced a team. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Burnley have Forest at home in last game of season. Would rather Burnley or Luton stayed up if Forest could still be caught.

Nuno hasn't a clue and as previously stated, they rely on a dinosaur up front to batter defences.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Burnley have Forest at home in last game of season. Would rather Burnley or Luton stayed up if Forest could still be caught.

Nuno hasn't a clue and as previously stated, they rely on a dinosaur up front to batter defences.

Burnley in decent form just now. Could do the business.   

milky_26
10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Burnley in decent form just now. Could do the business.   

forest have sheffield united next, win that and i dont see burnley picking up enough points in their remaining games v newcastle and spurs to have a chance of going above forest when they meet on the final day of the season

The new West End
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dunno.

Man City played some brilliant football, were resilient and scored 2 very good goals.

Looked like Champions. 

People just have pre conceived ideas about City and don't actually properly watch some games

I see that Odel Offiah made his first Premier League start for Brighton today.

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dunno.

Looked like Champions. 

I prefer watching Hearts.  How does that rate on assessing my preference?