1st Club in SPFL to go into Administration in 2020?

Tasavallan

1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

The clubs are kidding themselves on if they believe there wont be a requirement for testing come next month. I cant see how any of the small clubs can afford to pay for testing plus wages with limited/no gate money.

And that risks our season, and immediate return to the Premiership.  

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hagar the Horrible

• Beast Boy

• Jumper

• David McCaig

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Any club without ST sales will be screwed 🙂

Hearts are insulated as long as we don't have too many fans demanding their ST guarantee.

If i dont get to any of the 27 games, then thanks and keep the money, the club needs it more than me, but I am lucky to be able to write it off, Others might need some sort of reimburstment or carry over to the following season, but so long as the FoH are going, then so will we.  Even Celtic will struggle without fans, and their huge bank balance has already been eaten into, keeping going and actualy buying players.  Aberdeen are still shipping £1m per month.  Dundee have only sold season tickets into their hundreds. Hamilton have still sold zero,  All are relying on full houses.

Dunfermiline will sell to ze Germans,  Livingston have just sold Dykes, Motherwell have sold too,  The 2nd division can mothball, but the strain on the championship because they voted to have less games and with twice weekly testing and zero fans, its going to hurt them all, and one or 2 SPFL clubs will be on their knees!

I think Nicola will allow the 2 test games but that will be that

Pleasing

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

Not if one or more die first, then they will be cap in hand

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I suggest you look at other fan boards. They mostly all took great delight in what happened to us, so our 'annoyance' is quite justified. 

If other clubs go bust, I for one will be utterly delighted. 

Each to their own though.

This

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Is the thread about who you want it to be, or who you think it will be?

I think it will be Hamilton.

I want it to be Dundee or St Mirren.

I think there could a few clubs in a very precarious position in the near future so it's any one's guess probably.

I'll go out on a limb here and say I don't want it to happen to anyone. The unknown domino effect could be disastrous for everyone involved in the clubs, their families and the local economies, specially so in the current environment.

1 hour ago, hunts said:

Won’t be popular but I don’t want to see any club in Scotland die.  Obviously really pissed off at what happened in the summer but don’t wish the death of their club on any set of supporters or community.  

Got mates that support loads of different teams and wouldn’t wish losing the club they’ve supported all their lives on any of them just because their chairman/owner voted selfishly/talked shite about Hearts.

To answer the question about what club is most likely to end up in trouble I would say possibly St Johnstone or Dundee could struggle.

Spot on 👍👍👍

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, hunts said:

Won’t be popular but I don’t want to see any club in Scotland die.  Obviously really pissed off at what happened in the summer but don’t wish the death of their club on any set of supporters or community.  

Got mates that support loads of different teams and wouldn’t wish losing the club they’ve supported all their lives on any of them just because their chairman/owner voted selfishly/talked shite about Hearts.

To answer the question about what club is most likely to end up in trouble I would say possibly St Johnstone or Dundee could struggle.

I'm probably wth you but won't lose sleep if some do go under. In terms of the most likely. It's still D Utd or Dundee for me in the medium term although any of the lower teams could go under without income. In terms of  realistic contender to get into trouble who I would like to disappear forever, St Mirren obviously.

My whole view of Scottish football has possibly changed forever after the last few months. I genuinely always thought there was an "everyone against the OF and the blazers" collectiveness amongst non-OF teams. Having mixed with fans from almost all other teams on Scotland trips that feeling was always there.

It was shocking to see fans (and clubs, bit especially non-OF fans) line up unquestioningly behind Celtic and the SPFL/SFA in recent months. I get the hilarity about our position but Thistle were on the end of it too. I'd have expected other fans to have a laugh then focus on making improvements to the league as a whole instead of backing Doncaster and one of the OF the way they did. Embarrassing for them and it's going to be good to get some revenge later. All these fans of the other clubs know that us and Thistle were victims of circumstance. We just happened to be the clubs playing worse when a pandemic hit. It could have and would have been any of their clubs in another season.

Don't think I can ever think about Scottish football the same way again.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, sassenach said:

Yes, because maybe a couple of dozen regular contributors to an online message board are representative of a support as a whole.

We know full well that anyone not conforming to the current groupthink can be in for a hard time.  JKB is not too bad, but just have a brief look at dotnet and you'll see what I mean.

The Pyramid system takes time. But I would hope we see the likes of Kelty Hearts and Bo'ness replace a few teams. 

The Lowland League and insignificance will do for me. 

39 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I agree but the teams have already voted for a shorter 27 match season. Nothing has changed significantly since.

With the exception of another government intervention to tell us to stop, 3-0 losses should be applied to teams who cannot fulfil their fixtures..... same as what would have happened with Czech Republic the other day had they not turned up.

Hagar the Horrible

Richard Master the EPL boss is greetin coz no fans will be allowed in any time soon

he says its critical, with the CHINA (in a trump voice) deal falling through and a loss of £700m in the last quarter alone!

Now put that into perspective before any sympathy is shown, only 5 clubs pay the living wage to staff, and yet there are players on £100kpw, and some over £40kpw who have not even started a 1st team game.  So guess where my sympathy lies

I think this is going to give a much needed reboot.  How can any club complain about furlough ending with that kind of money being spunked out of the game.  Time for a spending rethink.

So I have to ask Scottish football has to survive on the kind of money Doncaster Rovers earn

15 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I agree but the teams have already voted for a shorter 27 match season. Nothing has changed significantly since.

With the exception of another government intervention to tell us to stop, 3-0 losses should be applied to teams who cannot fulfil their fixtures..... same as what would have happened with Czech Republic the other day had they not turned up.

They voted for 27 games to delay the season until fans returned.

I would say Hamilton or Kilmarnock but my preference would be Dundee and Ayr. The second wave is going to test a few clubs and also see what other clubs fan bases are really made off. 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

They voted for 27 games to delay the season until fans returned.

This is why I'm genuinely worried that without fans lower league clubs will say they can't play. Even though I'm sure they asked clubs if they could play or not, the SPFL will cave and just cancel the league. The correct move would be for us to then be reinstated, have no relegation and do the reconstruction thing next season. We're basically mothballed for a year, which I would hope we would then sue for compensation through another avenue.

It's a major difference between us and the French and Belgium leagues. Their teams were demoted into pretty stable leagues with all FT clubs. 

Anyhow, if the league fails to start because of no fans this was isomething that was predicted as a risk ages ago and it was a big reason why we went to court and lobbied for reconstruction.  As if the league doesn't go ahead we're out of the Premiership for two years through no fault of our own.

Been said many times, sorting out which clubs could play, without fans if needed, and putting them into 1 or 2 leagues and mothballing the rest was always a sensible option.

Edited by ToqueJambo

SpruceBringsteen

St Mirren are trying like bears to force an utterly cringe "rivalry" with us now so I'll go with seeing them out of business.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

St Mirren are trying like bears to force an utterly cringe "rivalry" with us now so I'll go with seeing them out of business.

They're just desperate not to be seen in their true form - Celtic's play thing.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They're just desperate not to be seen in their true form - Celtic's play thing.

Spot on!

EC7A75E7-4582-4E27-8014-25BB0BA12ED8.jpeg

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I suggest you look at other fan boards. They mostly all took great delight in what happened to us, so our 'annoyance' is quite justified. 

If other clubs go bust, I for one will be utterly delighted. 

Each to their own though.

I had the same view as the poster you quoted. But like you say, the way fans of other clubs have rejoiced and become cosy as a result, they can all go to the wall as far as I'm concerned.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No one. 

Total drama queens,  teams seem to be finding investment. 

However might come back to hurt them in years to come 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No one. 

Total drama queens,  teams seem to be finding investment

They always do, until they don't. The focus should be on teams racking up debt under new owners and/or making significant cuts. That puts D Utd and Dundee at the top of the going bust list for me right now of the bigger teams. Still believe the American owners of both are thinking merger or at minimum ground share.

Lower league teams are always on somewhat of a knife-edge and many of them could be forced to shut at least for a while wth no income.

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, j1964m said:

Got to say St. Johnstone already said they where in trouble in January 

and that was before all their funeral teas were cancelled

I can see Dundee City rearing its extraordinarily ugly head again

image.png.350d2c244978296fd9240049a56fd7de.png

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Is the thread about who you want it to be, or who you think it will be?

I think it will be Hamilton.

I want it to be Dundee or St Mirren.

Can't disagree with that.  :)

Think its a real concern that we don’t start next month, and that the season is further shortened to 18 games, which would more likely lead to the league being cancelled altogether once its confirmed start of 2021 clubs still can’t open stadiums to full capacity.

There has been little change to circumstances since the early ending of last season, and aside from the 2 small pilot games this weekend (which will likely lead to nothing due to developments in England today) its unlikely the circumstances are going to be any different next month. Can’t see how any championship club is going to be more financially prepared to start next month behind closed doors than they would have been in August?

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Samuel Camazzola

Whatever happens, the "squealing like pigs" comment will come back to haunt Chic Young one day. As will Roy McGregor's "Suck it up". 

Fantasy scenario is that Rangers spend more than they can afford trying to stop Celtic and achieve their goal... then get liquidated again. Then Celtic are forced to take responsibility for the crimes that they are being taken to court for, and let’s just chuck in a wee charge of money laundering and match fixing to boot. They get liquidated next. Both forced to do the Sevco thing and start again in the West of Scotland League.

4 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Us wanting it to happen will not make it happen. Many of them took and continue to take great delight in our expulsion, an expulsion that might not even be resolved if the league is called early again. We are still n a perilous state because of their clubs, and those supporters are taking pleasure in that. So no, I disagree. I want them to go bust.

Indeed - which is why we should be giving money to FOH over any other club or the SFA sooner rather than later IMO. No other club or the SFA is getting a single penny from me until we are back in the top league.

Want: Dundee

Reckon: Raith Rovers - there is something odd about their Chairman suddenly leaving.

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed - which is why we should be giving money to FOH over any other club or the SFA sooner rather than later IMO. No other club or the SFA is getting a single penny from me until we are back in the top league.

Want: Dundee

Reckon: Raith Rovers - there is something odd about their Chairman suddenly leaving.

Agree on all counts. Reckon Raith are in the shit too. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Fantasy scenario is that Rangers spend more than they can afford trying to stop Celtic and achieve their goal... then get liquidated again. Then Celtic are forced to take responsibility for the crimes that they are being taken to court for, and let’s just chuck in a wee charge of money laundering and match fixing to boot. They get liquidated next. Both forced to do the Sevco thing and start again in the West of Scotland League.

Sounds like Armageddon II ..... 🙄

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sounds like Armageddon II ..... 🙄

Yeah, about as much chance as the four horsemen arriving tbh. Still, that’s the thing about fantasies... They don’t need to be realistic. 😄

It’ll be a shame if any club (that didn’t give a feck about us/actively pursued our demotion) goes to the wall from here on in. 

...a shame it didn’t happen sooner. 

So many to choose from personally, but Covid will determine how many, if the criminals that take a ridiculous salary for allegedly running/ruining our game are sent to jail, karma may prevail. 

P.S - A special hope and mention to Raith Rovers, Dundee & St Mirren for a painful liquidation as a tribute to why Scottish football is corrupt.

PPS - Too many clubs to mention than the 3 above, I suppose personal favouritism comes to mind.

5 hours ago, hunts said:

Fair enough - but ask your mates how many of them are willing to actively chuck extra  money into their club's coffers every month.... possibly forever. 

They'll only lose their club if they sit on their hands and hope "someone else" comes along so keep their club alive.   If that someone else  is a dodgy "investment" group, then they've only themselves to blame.

Hearts would have been liquidated in 2014  if FoH hadn't had the foresight to put a rescue plan in place and then convinced thousands of us to support it financially.

Do you seriously  think we should have sympathy for any  club whose fans aren't willing to step up like we did ?

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

No one. 

Hobos wage bill/ liabilities goes through the roof at season end!

I want it to be hibs.  I'd love it to be new rangers.  I'm surprised that clubs like Edinburgh city and cowdenbeath have survived this long.  I thought the casualties across Britain would already have emerged in significant numbers.

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

No one. 

I have to agree with you. Early on I thought clubs would be hit badly and there would be a number that go under but since then there has been no evidence this is going to happen.

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Fair enough - but ask your mates how many of them are willing to actively chuck extra  money into their club's coffers every month.... possibly forever. 

They'll only lose their club if they sit on their hands and hope "someone else" comes along so keep their club alive.   If that someone else  is a dodgy "investment" group, then they've only themselves to blame.

Hearts would have been liquidated in 2014  if FoH hadn't had the foresight to put a rescue plan in place and then convinced thousands of us to support it financially.

Do you seriously  think we should have sympathy for any  club whose fans aren't willing to step up like we did ?

Im sure some would and some wouldn’t, much like some Hearts fans do and some don’t.

There’s really not that much difference between the passion, commitment and love for their club between any one set of fans and another’s in Scotland.  Sure most fans will tell you that their club has the most loyal and passionate fans, but you get die hard and fair weather fans whether it’s Hearts, hibs, Celtic or Cowdenbeath.  Just my opinion and if you won’t sympathise with supporters of other clubs who go into administration or liquidation that’s entirely up to you, and to be honest I do understand your resentment towards other clubs - I just don’t have that feeling towards fans of other teams.  This may be because my pals who support other teams were generally sympathetic towards what happened to us and the vast majority believed there should have been no relegation.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Hibernian is the only correct answer..

Exactly martoon and it shouldn't need you, me and Jamhammer to point it out.

It's clear to me that many of our posters have lost their edge during the long lay-off.  If energetic booing is required during one of our early games, some are going to be found wanting.

Serious pre-season posting practice is urgently required.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 hours ago, Cade said:

Any of them

All of them

Take yer medicine ya dicks

This (some exceptions apply of course, e.g. ICT, Partick etc)

12 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Boris has just said they are reviewinbg allowing crowds back in on the 1st October, so its not going to happen, so with all clubs off furlough by then its tick bleeding tock

It's not up to Boris in Scotland. Sturgeon will decide here. Hope I'm wrong but I think that the best we can hope for in Scotland this season is only very limited crowds being allowed in to watch the games.