1st Club in SPFL to go into Administration in 2020?

Tasavallan

6 hours ago, martoon said:

Hibernian is the only correct answer..

This is the correct answer logically though won’t happen. Therefore i am still saying scumdee. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hagar the Horrible

• Beast Boy

• Jumper

• David McCaig

The Old Tolbooth

I'd take any of them, but would much prefer it to be Hibs, St Mirren, and Celtic, in that order, just scummy clubs with scummy fans who have shown absolutely zero sympathy towards us when being dealt a corruptly savage hand, they can't wait to ridicule, point, and laugh at us at every opportunity, knowing full well that they're the main three protagonists in all this. 

I'd rather see the likes of Ayr, Scumdee, and Raith Rovers go to the wall before any other top flight club tbh, just horrible *******s! 

Still sticking with St Johnstone. Got a mate who is a season ticket holder there and reckons they have got to punt one of their young players for a few Bob to make it through the season. If they don’t with no gate income they are in deep shit. 

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I have to agree with you. Early on I thought clubs would be hit badly and there would be a number that go under but since then there has been no evidence this is going to happen.

In all seriousness, I find it hard to believe that any business can survive beyond the short term without it's main source of income. I suspect that some have their heads buried in the sand or simply don't want to talk about the elephant in the room. Normal day to day bills have to be paid, and it is all very well talking about wage deferrals etc. but they will have to be settled eventually. I could imagine quite a few third and fourth tier clubs will be paying what amount to expenses only but how on earth will full time clubs be able to pay full time wages once the SPFL prize money runs out? For Championship clubs in particular this is not a fantastic amount of money, so unless a club has a generous benefactor or money put aside for a rainy day then I find it hard to believe the future is anything other than very bleak. For the sake of football in general I hope that I am wrong.

Hagar the Horrible
4 hours ago, Libertarian said:

It's not up to Boris in Scotland. Sturgeon will decide here. Hope I'm wrong but I think that the best we can hope for in Scotland this season is only very limited crowds being allowed in to watch the games. 

As much as I am a card carrying tory, Boris has been bumbling around in public, but he is decisive behind the scenes. Nicola is coming accross as the only person who looks like she knows what she is doing.  She is not interested in kowtowing to Liewell and the SPFL.  What they want and what all governments will do are polar.  If Boris only wants the six max inside, then football is fecked on a huge scale down there.  And with rates rising here, Nicola will not  be keen to extend this trial just now, that would be madness, until we see what happen when the Uni's return.  We should find out today.  If not there will be a decision to wait until christmas coming soon. I hope?

4 hours ago, Libertarian said:

It's not up to Boris in Scotland. Sturgeon will decide here. Hope I'm wrong but I think that the best we can hope for in Scotland this season is only very limited crowds being allowed in to watch the games. 

Nothing to date suggesting Scotland will take a more laissez-faire attitude than England on anything covid related.

43 minutes ago, henryheart said:

In all seriousness, I find it hard to believe that any business can survive beyond the short term without it's main source of income. I suspect that some have their heads buried in the sand or simply don't want to talk about the elephant in the room. Normal day to day bills have to be paid, and it is all very well talking about wage deferrals etc. but they will have to be settled eventually. I could imagine quite a few third and fourth tier clubs will be paying what amount to expenses only but how on earth will full time clubs be able to pay full time wages once the SPFL prize money runs out? For Championship clubs in particular this is not a fantastic amount of money, so unless a club has a generous benefactor or money put aside for a rainy day then I find it hard to believe the future is anything other than very bleak. For the sake of football in general I hope that I am wrong.

This why ST sales are so essential, we are effectively playing every home match in the League in front of 11,500 paying fans this season. Make that the equivalent of about 18,000 when you factor in the incredible backing from FoH.

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

This why ST sales are so essential, we are effectively playing every home match in the League in front of 11,500 paying fans this season. Make that the equivalent of about 18,000 when you factor in the incredible backing from FoH.

We just need to survive this crisis, and put our effort into this rather than playing. We are in a war of attrition,   Small clubs will survive if a max of 500 fans are allowed, as that’s their gate in any case,  The OF will struggle with that concept as will Hibs the Sheep and the Calpol clubs.  However no fans will have opposite effect as the ones who can watch their games on the telly, they will adapt short term.  But the real killer is being forced into twice weekly testing!

Hagar the Horrible
26 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Nothing to date suggesting Scotland will take a more laissez-faire attitude than England on anything covid related.

No Government will make that early decision to just call a halt to crowds at any event, for an extended period of time. But correctly it will be a rolling review on a three week basis.  That uncertainty is what sport does not need, but so bleeding what?  

30 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Infection numbers are what decides everything. 

It does seem that England has been more keen to 'get back to normal' but I don't think there is much difference overall. 

15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is why I'm genuinely worried that without fans lower league clubs will say they can't play. Even though I'm sure they asked clubs if they could play or not, the SPFL will cave and just cancel the league. The correct move would be for us to then be reinstated, have no relegation and do the reconstruction thing next season. We're basically mothballed for a year, which I would hope we would then sue for compensation through another avenue.

It's a major difference between us and the French and Belgium leagues. Their teams were demoted into pretty stable leagues with all FT clubs. 

Anyhow, if the league fails to start because of no fans this was isomething that was predicted as a risk ages ago and it was a big reason why we went to court and lobbied for reconstruction.  As if the league doesn't go ahead we're out of the Premiership for two years through no fault of our own.

Been said many times, sorting out which clubs could play, without fans if needed, and putting them into 1 or 2 leagues and mothballing the rest was always a sensible option.

That's not quite accurate is it mate? Regardless of why the league was called we were bottom because we had been gash for months so it's not true to say through no fault of our own.

I notice (Mail on-line) that Championship clubs in England could be facing bankruptcy proceedings as HMRC are flexing their muscles re PAYE remittance.  Wages here are smaller so the problem may not be as acute but I'm sure some clubs are starting to feel the heat.

36 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

No Government will make that early decision to just call a halt to crowds at any event, for an extended period of time. But correctly it will be a rolling review on a three week basis.  That uncertainty is what sport does not need, but so bleeding what?  

“So bleeding what” is something I’ve yelled at the radio on a frequent basis the last few months as sport pleads to be a special case so that the masses can be given their bread and circuses.  Sorry EPL, horse racing, rugby, etc. Take your medicine!  

Hagar the Horrible
37 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I notice (Mail on-line) that Championship clubs in England could be facing bankruptcy proceedings as HMRC are flexing their muscles re PAYE remittance.  Wages here are smaller so the problem may not be as acute but I'm sure some clubs are starting to feel the heat.

Good it will leave a gap for us to fill

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Exactly martoon and it shouldn't need you, me and Jamhammer to point it out.

It's clear to me that many of our posters have lost their edge during the long lay-off.  If energetic booing is required during one of our early games, some are going to be found wanting.

Serious pre-season posting practice is urgently required.

Perhaps the hatred is being spread too thinly over too many clubs, doug. 

Hibs, Celtic, Rangers, St. Mirren...four slices of toast with just the right amount to cover each from corner to corner. Now, we're trying to spread the same amount over the entire loaf. 😁

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

This is the correct answer logically though won’t happen. Therefore i am still saying scumdee. 

You're right, of course. 

Foreign owner, won't put a penny more in than planned, club becomes a financial black hole so pulls the plug and away they go. 

Sounds like Dundee in the short term and, with a bit of luck, Hibs in the long. 

highlandjambo3
20 hours ago, Ribble said:

Starting to look like Ross County are feeling the pinch already, utterly desperate to get 300 fans through the doors this weekend and at the same time trying to start a bidding war for Ross Stewart  , not that I believe rotherham have actually bid 300k for him

Ross County owner (twat of a guy) is reportedly worth 300million.....they will survive 

12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ross County owner (twat of a guy) is reportedly worth 300million.....they will survive 

He was meant to be worth 300m in 2014, his wealth is based on ownership of companies in the oil industry so doubt he's worth anywhere near that now, plus Ross Co have made a loss for each of the last 5 years, he's not going to blindly fund the club until he's penniless

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

It was absolutely our fault that we were bottom of the league when football stopped. 

It was absolutely not our fault that we were relegated. That was done by zoom. Not on the pitch. 

Thank you for educating Jumper - they're either new to Hearts, this messageboard, ill informed or worse... 

56 minutes ago, Tazio said:

St Johnstone’s normal fans wouldn’t deserve The misery of their team going bust. 
Geoff Brown however. 

add Cosgrove

I'll plump for St Johnstone.

I don't actually want Hamilton to go bust because they had the balls to vote for league reconstruction in the indicative vote earlier this year, the only Premiership club who did so and have admitted it publicly, as far as I am aware.

Also, Brian Rice said publicly that he would have done the same as Hearts did in order to protect his club. There haven't been many people at all who have supported Hearts this year during all the shenanigans.

Edited by redjambo

49 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Thank you for educating Jumper - they're either new to Hearts, this messageboard, ill informed or worse... 

Sadly there are actually some Hearts fans who think we deserve to be in the Championship. 

The same weirdos happy for other clubs and their supporters to trample all over us.

No ****ing wonder the club went soft as shite for so long.

14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sadly there are actually some Hearts fans who think we deserve to be in the Championship. 

The same weirdos happy for other clubs and their supporters to trample all over us.

No ****ing wonder the club went soft as shite for so long

just don't get it mate.

maybe we should have a sticky that lists all the examples of other clubs in Europe who were similar to us in relegation spots (when we were voted out), but they went on to win points to avoid genuine relegation.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Jumper said:

That's not quite accurate is it mate? Regardless of why the league was called we were bottom because we had been gash for months so it's not true to say through no fault of our own.

You can be gash and not get relegated. Hibs manage it most years. Hamilton are experts at it. We were relegated for reasons that were nothing to do with us.

On 10 September 2020 at 11:55, BarneyBattles said:

It was absolutely our fault that we were bottom of the league when football stopped. 

It was absolutely not our fault that we were relegated. That was done by zoom. Not on the pitch. 

I think we are in agreement. Different words, same meaning.

On 10 September 2020 at 13:25, Jim Panzee said:

You have almost certainly not understood my post. I know what happened, I don't need educated, I am not ill informed and yes I am fairly new to the message board. I have no idea what you mean by "or worse". Is that a reference to my mental health?

On 10 September 2020 at 15:19, ToqueJambo said:

You can be gash and not get relegated. Hibs manage it most years. Hamilton are experts at it. We were relegated for reasons that were nothing to do with us.

I don't disagree with you but stand by my original post. Opinions are ok no?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Jumper said:

I don't disagree with you but stand by my original post. Opinions are ok no?

Lots of teams are bottom of the league and have the title of worst team in the league at different points during the season. St Johnstone were bottom of the league for longer than us last season. Only the one at the bottom after 38 games gets relegated and can be called the worst team though. So it wasn't a self-inflicted relegation at all. We had more than enough games to escape and weren't even bookies' favourites to go down.

On 09/09/2020 at 15:54, sassenach said:

They were indeed. But the new company was given the all-important Golden Share of the old company, and they also had to settle all debts, including non-football debts, before being allowed in.

At the time there had been a spate of clubs going bust and then reforming in order to escape their debts. Boro were made an example of, in an attempt to put a stop to it. They literally came within an hour of not being able to start the season and therefore being thrown out unless the money was found to settle all debts.

The boro.

I reckon St Johnstone are a shout, they were showing signs of financial distress even before the covid thing. They've been very vocal about needing more fans through the gates, and now they've got none at all with wages to pay.

Let me get this right.

My thoughts and opinions differ from Yoda, Whatever, Torque Jambo and others, I can read, ask questions and listen to answers, see with my own eyes on pitch performances, witness years of mis-management and poor recruitment supported by dreadful tactics and choose not to follow the "we are victims" route - I am a vermin?

Incredible. Thank god you people are not representative of the majority of the support.

33 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Let me get this right.

My thoughts and opinions differ from Yoda, Whatever, Torque Jambo and others, I can read, ask questions and listen to answers, see with my own eyes on pitch performances, witness years of mis-management and poor recruitment supported by dreadful tactics and choose not to follow the "we are victims" route - I am a vermin?

Incredible. Thank god you people are not representative of the majority of the support.

Now you’re getting it 👍🏻

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
37 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Let me get this right.

Correct. You are vermin.

On 09/09/2020 at 05:17, Tasavallan said:

I doubt it will be a League 1 or League 2 club as they do not pay their part-time players enough and can live off SPFL hand outs.  I am going with the obvious choice of Dundee FC.  Although I would love it to be Raith.

Their board has already emptied Bill Clark who was responsible for their nonsensical actions and the expense caused by contesting the High Court case.  As a result, a fair number of wealthy fans, who didn't like Clark's performance, are sending them funds.

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

KSV Roselare in Belgium have just gone tits up

they are in the equivalent of our League 1

Did they get relegated last season by natural means or by manufactured voting?

On 09/09/2020 at 13:17, Tasavallan said:

I doubt it will be a League 1 or League 2 club as they do not pay their part-time players enough and can live off SPFL hand outs.  I am going with the obvious choice of Dundee FC.  Although I would love it to be Raith.

If/when this occurs, I hope we issue an official press release that includes condolences and ""take yer medicine""....🤣...!

On 11/09/2020 at 18:17, Jumper said:

You have almost certainly not understood my post. I know what happened, I don't need educated, I am not ill informed and yes I am fairly new to the message board. I have no idea what you mean by "or worse". Is that a reference to my mental health?

Perhaps you didn’t put your post across very well. Seems I’m not the only one who misunderstood you. So you accept we were unfairly expelled?

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Perhaps you didn’t put your post across very well. Seems I’m not the only one who misunderstood you. So you accept we were unfairly expelled?

Of course. It should not have happened. The relegation was for a financial reason not a footballing reason. Anyone can see that.