1st Club in SPFL to go into Administration in 2020?

Tasavallan

I doubt it will be a League 1 or League 2 club as they do not pay their part-time players enough and can live off SPFL hand outs.  I am going with the obvious choice of Dundee FC.  Although I would love it to be Raith.

Edited by Tasavallan

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hagar the Horrible

• Beast Boy

• Jumper

• David McCaig

Mid Calder Jambo

I would look at who has not gone back to training yet and suggest that if they are still furloughing players then they are in the sh1t.  Could be a few then i suppose.

I'll go for Queen of the South but hope to **** it is Raith.

Don't know how I missed Steph the Pars Arsehole on the other thread. I'll add them to the list.

Edited by neilnunb

My gut feel is no clubs will go into administration, they will take a hit financially and hobble on through debt, deferred payments, wage reductions and supporter donations.

If several go bust then expect the SFA/SPFL to cancel the lower leagues and championship to 'preserve the continuity, integrity, or whatever of the competitions, thus ensuring that more go under. In fact you could expect them just to continue on that path until they finally nail us.

35 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

My gut feel is no clubs will go into administration, they will take a hit financially and hobble on through debt, deferred payments, wage reductions and supporter donations.

That's where I am too.

I'm still waiting to hear the 50 in England that are going into admin / liquidation as predicted by the Huddersfield chairman.

I know the seasons haven't really started anywhere other than Scottish Premier but I think clubs will muddle through. 

Unfortunately. 

I wanted a bloodbath north of the border.

It will be one of those who are totally reliant on the OF filling their stadium, so one of Hamilton, Killie or Motherwell for me.

My money is on Hamilton, paying out for wages and testing with no real income, as I believe the other two are well run or have affluent people behind them.

6 minutes ago, ericb said:

My money is on Hamilton, paying out for wages and testing with no real income, as I believe the other two are well run or have affluent people behind them.

Always thought Hamilton's business model heavily dependant on TV money, so the lack of fan income isn't the end of the world for them?

HamishMcGonagall
3 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I reckon nobody, because everyone's guess is different and no concrete stories of real trouble have come out of any club.

I've mentioned before that I've come close to losing my club twice, once with Boro and once with Hearts. Probably not a popular view on here, but I wouldn't wish any fellow football fan to go through that and I don't know why anyone who has experienced it ever would. I understand that some of us are annoyed at the behaviour of many club boards, but the boards are not the fans.

I agree with this. As much as alot of the clubs have annoyed us, the fans don't deserve to lose their clubs.  There'll be plenty auld yins who have stuck to following their team through the decades and have more morals than the board members of their clubs, do they deserve to lose their clubs and have the likes of us gloating at the prospect?  Not for me.  It all seems a bit classless. Should rise above it rather than become embittered.

12 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I reckon nobody, because everyone's guess is different and no concrete stories of real trouble have come out of any club.

I've mentioned before that I've come close to losing my club twice, once with Boro and once with Hearts. Probably not a popular view on here, but I wouldn't wish any fellow football fan to go through that and I don't know why anyone who has experienced it ever would. I understand that some of us are annoyed at the behaviour of many club boards, but the boards are not the fans.

I suggest you look at other fan boards. They mostly all took great delight in what happened to us, so our 'annoyance' is quite justified. 

If other clubs go bust, I for one will be utterly delighted. 

Each to their own though.

23 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Were boro not liquidated? I thought they were

58 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If several go bust then expect the SFA/SPFL to cancel the lower leagues and championship to 'preserve the continuity, integrity, or whatever of the competitions, thus ensuring that more go under. In fact you could expect them just to continue on that path until they finally nail us.

And fine us for surviving.

Is the thread about who you want it to be, or who you think it will be?

I think it will be Hamilton.

I want it to be Dundee or St Mirren.

Bazzas right boot

None unless covid hits again and/or crowds can't return in any significant number. 

If covid ensures no fans or below somthing like 30% capacity I think rangers will struggle but will sell 1 or 2 to balance the books. Celtic won't be immune either, but will probably sell Eduaurd or the likes to keep afloat. 

No club imo is secure, but livi and Motherwell have bought themselves time by selling a player. 

Every team is in trouble, for a random punt I'd take utd, Dundee or St Johnstone to hit difficulties by January. 

St Johnstone. 

Who do I hope? - rangers and celtic. 

41 minutes ago, sassenach said:

We’re not talking death or illness here, just the demise of clubs that were happy to stand behind Doncaster and Lawell as they kicked sand in our faces. 

Screw them all. 

42 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Us wanting it to happen will not make it happen. Many of them took and continue to take great delight in our expulsion, an expulsion that might not even be resolved if the league is called early again. We are still n a perilous state because of their clubs, and those supporters are taking pleasure in that. So no, I disagree. I want them to go bust.

Possibly Killie or St J.   They rely so heavily on the Bigot Brothers, they even have a history of moving their own season ticket holders.  

Even if crowds do come back in some shape or form, they will not get the same level of Bigot cash they will need, unless they have an excellent season.   

Starting to look like Ross County are feeling the pinch already, utterly desperate to get 300 fans through the doors this weekend and at the same time trying to start a bidding war for Ross Stewart  , not that I believe rotherham have actually bid 300k for him

7 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I choose to be bigger than them, for the sake of the majority of fans who are decent and are only interested in watching football

I have no evidence to support the majority of them being decent and only wanting to watch the football though. Whilst not representative of all supporters, I do have plenty evidence of their fans wanting us to suffer. On that basis, and until I see more evidence to the contrary, I will happily see them go bust.

12 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Possibly Killie or St J.   They rely so heavily on the Bigot Brothers, they even have a history of moving their own season ticket holders.  

Even if crowds do come back in some shape or form, they will not get the same level of Bigot cash they will need, unless they have an excellent season.   

I’d love it to be St Johnstone actually. A more mythical example of a well run club you will never find.

1 hour ago, sassenach said:

Bit too reasonable for this place

The clubs are kidding themselves on if they believe there wont be a requirement for testing come next month. I cant see how any of the small clubs can afford to pay for testing plus wages with limited/no gate money.

3 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

The clubs are kidding themselves on if they believe there wont be a requirement for testing come next month. I cant see how any of the small clubs can afford to pay for testing plus wages with limited/no gate money.

You may well be right . Which I think is a big problem for us

Not sure why folk are getting so ‘leave Brittany alone’, about Hearts supporters taking pleasure in the clubs that shafted us running in to bother. So ****ing what if they get liquidated? Genuinely, so ****? They can easily just do what Rangers did by started afresh and pretending to be the same club. What’s the problem? 

If the problem is members of staff losing their jobs, then yeah, that would be sad, and I’d hope they get reemployed as soon as possible. Genuinely would feel sorry for anyone losing their job. It’s happening all over the place right now though, so it’d be no more or less sympathy than I feel for staff at a high street store in the same position. I’ve been made redundant twice in my life before. It wasn’t great, but I survived, and I moved on. Hopefully it’d be the same for the office staff etc at any club who goes tits up.

Sympathy for the owners and directors of the clubs who did this to us though? Nah, they can **** off. They put staff at our club at risk by their actions, so I won’t shed a tear for them.

16 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Not sure why folk are getting so ‘leave Brittany alone’, about Hearts supporters taking pleasure in the clubs that shafted us running in to bother. So ****ing what if they get liquidated? Genuinely, so ****? They can easily just do what Rangers did by started afresh and pretending to be the same club. What’s the problem? 

If the problem is members of staff losing their jobs, then yeah, that would be sad, and I’d hope they get reemployed as soon as possible. Genuinely would feel sorry for anyone losing their job. It’s happening all over the place right now though, so it’d be no more or less sympathy than I feel for staff at a high street store in the same position. I’ve been made redundant twice in my life before. It wasn’t great, but I survived, and I moved on. Hopefully it’d be the same for the office staff etc at any club who goes tits up.

Sympathy for the owners and directors of the clubs who did this to us though? Nah, they can **** off. They put staff at our club at risk by their actions, so I won’t shed a tear for them.

People need to get a sense of perspective and not gloat at others losing their livelihood in the current climate.  Ridiculous, even as tribal as football is.  As far as I’m aware money lost for us going down is being covered by a very generous benefactor that we should consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have that backing not want extreme discomfort for not only footballers and fans but local towns and cities that would effect.  

We go on about how players get our club, our unique history of sacrifice and how it’s the most special club in the world yet spout on and on about clubs rotting and dying and going bust and taking great delight. 

**** Dundee but, they can rot 👍👌

Edited by Last Laff

14 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Dundee United overspent over last few years to get into Premier, the piggy bank is already empty!

Yet they keep signing decent players backing their new head coach?  

Anyway thread over for me 👍

Could sit here all night listing clubs I want to see go bust and the reasons why but if it is who I think will most likely go to the wall first, I'd agree with St Johnstone. They have been circling the drain for a while now. Imo any club that has to sell 3 stands to the OF fans just to stay afloat, should not be anywhere near the top league. Sad indictment of our game tbf and it is only going to get worse year after year

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

St Johnstone would be my bet. Rumours about being near to the wire for a wee while. 

Yeah, I was thinking St J..... I wonder if they've offered season tickets to the uglies yet, for 2 of their stands?

Won’t be popular but I don’t want to see any club in Scotland die.  Obviously really pissed off at what happened in the summer but don’t wish the death of their club on any set of supporters or community.  

Got mates that support loads of different teams and wouldn’t wish losing the club they’ve supported all their lives on any of them just because their chairman/owner voted selfishly/talked shite about Hearts.

To answer the question about what club is most likely to end up in trouble I would say possibly St Johnstone or Dundee could struggle.

Hagar the Horrible

Boris has just said they are reviewinbg allowing crowds back in on the 1st October, so its not going to happen, so with all clubs off furlough by then its tick bleeding tock

10 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Boris has just said they are reviewinbg allowing crowds back in on the 1st October, so its not going to happen, so with all clubs off furlough by then its tick bleeding tock

Any club without ST sales will be screwed 🙂

Hearts are insulated as long as we don't have too many fans demanding their ST guarantee.